D. Cruz would be a much better commentator than Rogan

blocnoir

Brown Belt
@Brown
Reaction score
I have a hard time with Rogan's "OOOOOOOOOOOOOH" and "HE'S HURT, HE'S HURT"

Yes, we know, we're watching the fight too. Stop.

That is all.

He would be a great commentator, not too sure if he would be better than Rogaine though. He's been doing it for so damn long

No, he wouldn't.

Maybe hardcore fans would prefer him, but most people would not.

Rogan's good
not perfect but who is
it's easy to get sick of commentators over time

Cruz looks to have Real potential

Cruz is a boring commentator. He's not exciting at all. The Cruz nuthuggers will love him there because it gives them a hard-on, the rest of us don't give a fuck.

But I'm okay with him replacing Goldberg. But then, I'd take pretty much anyone over Goldberg.

Rogan mirrors the excitement of the fight. Outside of sherdog I hear a lot of fans like him.

Cruz could grow into a great commentator though. He ability to articulate himself well combined with his knowledge of the game leads me to believe he could be the best commentator I mma one day.

Maybe even sherdog would like him... Wait, wtf am I saying?

I'd prefer Stann personally. Almost anyone is better than Joe nowadays though.

Cruz seems to take himself to seriously and would probably be very condescending.

I have a hard time with Rogan's "OOOOOOOOOOOOOH" and "HE'S HURT, HE'S HURT"

Yes, we know, we're watching the fight too. Stop.

That is all.

I don't find Cruz very likable, so I have to disagree with you. Hearing his whiny voice for five to seven hours would be too much for me, personally. Cormier, Florian and Stann are all clearly better than Cruz, in my opinion.

Goldie and Rogan are still my favorite pair
Throw a third one in the booth with them like Stann or Cruz from time to time adn I'm a happy fan

Cruz would be aight. Couture and Sonnen would be fantastic.

Maybe in the conventional sense of what a sports commentator should offer, yes. I don't know though, Rogan's commentary is somewhat of a guilty pleasure for me. A little overzealous at times and guilty of fuelling the propaganda train, perhaps.. But when those big fights roll around, I can't help but feel his antics enhance the spectacle; perhaps the terms of his new contract will enforce this.

how dare a commentator react to what he's watching, that's definitely not part of his job.

Cruz would be good. Maybe he'd be better than Rogan, maybe not.

But i think most fans like it when sports announcers, in any sport, get excited. People don't like vanilla stuff.

Imagine famous home run calls, or "Gooooaaaallll!!"

If you want a fighter to replace Rogan the closest you will get is Ian McCall. Cali accent, tatted up, obsessed with MMA, the two are quite similar.

I don't find Cruz very likable, so I have to disagree with you. Hearing his whiny voice for five to seven hours would be too much for me, personally. Cormier, Florian and Stann are all clearly better than Cruz, in my opinion.

This. And as DrHouse said he is way too serious. The result is his commentary is dry, boring and even condescending. That's no way to market and be an ambassador for the sport. As a commentator you can't be looking down at the fighters.

Just what the doctor ordered, Kenny.

Color should stop talking. Great stuff.

Back