D.C. Schools?

MMA Lloyd Irvin
BJJ Leo Dalla (gave lloyd his black belt and is a great instructor with tons of game.)<- i can vouch personally as I train with Dalla - hit me up with a PM if you need some help

My OG plan was to go to Maguilla's school, when I first found out I was moving to Baltimore (back then I was told thats where I was going) and I talked to him a time or two via email/phone.
He seems really nice, but I don't know how far I can travel from school without a car.
I also considered Ricardo Almeida as from Baltimore he was only an hour and 10 minutes away, but I saw that he has a SHITLOAD of BJJ BB under him and I don't feel like he trains his people well enough.

There are so many great schools in the DC area that it is difficult to choose. I practiced at Capital Jiujitsu for a little while and it was a great place, good instruction, talent, and friendly people. I also tried out Fightworks in Sterling, nice people and very good at jiujitsu, they kicked my ass like no other. I have heard great things about Yamasaki and lloyd Irvin as well, but they are little to expensive for me since I am already taking Judo. If I could find a place that would charge me about $75 month for 3 lessons a month to supplement my Judo I would be happy.

If you are looking for mma Team Lloyd Irvin should be your only choice if you are serious about it. There are many good schools in the DC area but we are the only school to have guys actually fighting in big shows like the UFC. We have a full sized boxing ring, full sized octagon cage and all the equiptment that you could ever want. I'm in maryland training for my UFC fight right now. You can see his website for mma at the below link

http://www.lloydirvin.com/adult/nhb/index.html

You can see all of his programs at www.30freedays.com

Since your interest is mma training with a team that has prepared guys from the local events all the way to the big shows. One of our guys won the Pride trials and is fighting in Japan now. We have lots of guys that don't actually want to fight, they only want to train in mma, our program is set up for those individuals also.

If you're just looking for bjj then check out all of the schools and see which one you like best.

To the guy's at Maguilla's:
You will see a guy in his 30's named frank, if you do Plz put him in the 1000kg position.

The only problem I have with this is that I'll be living at a Community housing devlopment and won't have transportation to and from class, if I could find someone that trains there and get them to hook me up with a ride back to campus I would love to go (of course for a small fee for gas.)

So if you know anybody then PLEASE hit me up as I would love to train there!

cityboxing said:
If you are looking for mma Team Lloyd Irvin should be your only choice if you are serious about it. There are many good schools in the DC area but we are the only school to have guys actually fighting in big shows like the UFC. We have a full sized boxing ring, full sized octagon cage and all the equiptment that you could ever want. I'm in maryland training for my UFC fight right now. You can see his website for mma at the below link

http://www.lloydirvin.com/adult/nhb/index.html

You can see all of his programs at www.30freedays.com

Since your interest is mma training with a team that has prepared guys from the local events all the way to the big shows. One of our guys won the Pride trials and is fighting in Japan now. We have lots of guys that don't actually want to fight, they only want to train in mma, our program is set up for those individuals also.

If you're just looking for bjj then check out all of the schools and see which one you like best.

I haven't been to Lloyd's in a long time. He has a full size ring AND octagon now??? damn. U Brandon Vera or someone else?

Back