Law D.C. attorney general issues subpoenas to NRA and its charitable foundation

The NRA conned goober rednecks with their "cold dead hands" and "government gun grabbers" rhetoric. "Send us your money! We're the last bastion of freedom!"

It's much like the televangelist hustle. Takes in a lot of the same sad dopes, too.
And even that I could ignore until the news about their Russian engagements.

I'm sure there's nothing Political about this at all.

I get that, but lots of businesses have irregular income and expenditures. What are other possible ways to address it?
Probably by only granting tax free status on the things directly related to their cause and not for expenses related to the running of the organization. So taxes for salaries and stuff but not for money spent doing educational seminars or commercials and pamphlets.

It would make them more cognizant about what percentage of their donations are actually spent on the cause. But even that probably has downsides depending on the type of non-profit.

Probably by only granting tax free status on the things directly related to their cause and not for expenses related to the running of the organization. So taxes for salaries and stuff but not for money spent doing educational seminars or commercials and pamphlets.

It would make them more cognizant about what percentage of their donations are actually spent on the cause. But even that probably has downsides depending on the type of non-profit.

I'm not sure I follow - nonprofits already have to match payroll taxes and pay unemployment insurance like any other business.

I'm not sure I follow - nonprofits already have to match payroll taxes and pay unemployment insurance like any other business.
When you donate to a nonprofit, the donation is not taxed as income for the nonprofit. So, if a nonprofit receives a $1 million in donations, it's tax free. What I'm saying is that maybe you tax a portion of $1 million as corporate income. The portion spent on corporate overhead - rent, salaries, etc. The portion spent on their underlying cause remains untaxed.

This would encourage them to reduce corporate overhead. But I think it has its own set of problems. For one, businesses can deduct those things as corporate expenses - this would essentially invert the tax liability between nonprofits and for-profits and possibly make it harder for nonprofits to recruit organizational talent.

It sounds like you're saying that if they bring in more than they spend, that x% should be held in reserve tax free while y% (designated as profit from operations) be taxed. Is that correct?

Or are you saying that if they spend $x on overhead then they're taxed y% of those expenses?

The NRA conned goober rednecks with their "cold dead hands" and "government gun grabbers" rhetoric. "Send us your money! We're the last bastion of freedom!"

It's much like the televangelist hustle. Takes in a lot of the same sad dopes, too.
Wayne “$39,000 suits” Lapierre is an anti gun, anti 2A snake who saw a money making opportunity for itself, re-wrote the bylaws making the board POWERLESS and making himself the king, FUCK him, fuck his Hughes amendment lie to Reagan (sign it, we’ll fight it on day one, NEVER happened) burn that shit hole organization to the ground.

Support Second Amendment foundation, Firearms policy Coalition and Gun owners of America instead, actual pro-2A, pro gun, no compromise organizations

Them and FPC are certainly trying. They are in the courts right now fighting. The problem is the fudds that blindly and vehemently defend the NRA no matter what instead of switching to actual pro gun orgs.

It's amazing to see online. Pro gun people call out the nra and their members defend them with calling the real pro gun people snowflakes. "Accessories aren't guns, who cares about bump stocks, suppressors, nfa, etc. Who cares about the lavish misspending of our donations, corruption, 7 figure saliers, etc look at all the good they've done."
Tim (Military arms channel) got banned from Arfcom for not sucking the NRA’s cawk and calling them out on their BS, expose the BS of the NRA and get banned; it’s insane.

Definitely time for the organization to wake up and stop catering to LaPierre . . . wish I could get a refund of my life membership.
They won’t refund it, and they won’t take you off the rolls when you die either. They’re SMALLER than GOA at this point, GOA doesn’t have the dirty industry money coming to them tho
The NRA made sure the sunset clause was in the original assault weapons ban.

@PHATV is correct in this instance.
Could still own and purchase NEW so called assault weapons during the ban, just couldn’t get those kewl grips and extendo stocks and forget about the 50 round glockazine you fill with all that 222 Remington to go shoot dirt at the range with.

Could still own and purchase NEW so called assault weapons during the ban, just couldn’t get those kewl grips and extendo stocks and forget about the 50 round glockazine you fill with all that 222 Remington to go shoot dirt at the range with.

If it wasn't for the NRA, that would still be law in America.

Even though you have a clear contempt for the NRA, you still have to give credit when due.

P.S.: almost no one shoots .222 Remington anymore. You're thinking of .223 Remington.

This abuse of power in NY, CA and DC is being championed rather than condemned like any sane society.

Tim (Military arms channel) got banned from Arfcom for not sucking the NRA’s cawk and calling them out on their BS, expose the BS of the NRA and get banned; it’s insane.

That place is mostly aids anyway imo

Even though you have a clear contempt for the NRA, you still have to give credit when due.

P.S.: almost no one shoots .222 Remington anymore. You're thinking of .223 Remington.

Or maybe if a different group had been at the forefront there wouldn't have been the law to begin with.

PS. I’m pretty sure I was being sarchastic there buddy, thought I made that clear with the 50 round glockazine

Was doing magdumps with my SCAR 16 SBR and can at the range Wednesday, personally think .223 is overated but it’s cheap enough to plink with

personally think .223 is overated

giphy.webp

Back