Law D.C. attorney general issues subpoenas to NRA and its charitable foundation

Lord Coke

Silver Belt
@Silver
Reaction score
It just is a train wreck this year

https://www.sfgate.com/news/article/D-C-attorney-general-issues-subpoenas-to-NRA-and-14091245.php

WASHINGTON - The District of Columbia's attorney general issued subpoenas Friday to the National Rifle Association and its charitable foundation, putting additional pressure on the embattled gun rights organization from nonprofit regulators.

The office of Attorney General Karl Racine is seeking financial documents from the NRA and its foundation. The NRA Foundation is chartered in the District and the NRA is registered as a nonprofit and does business there.

RECOMMENDED VIDEO
"The Office of the Attorney General for the District of Columbia has issued subpoenas to the National Rifle Association of America (NRA) and the NRA Foundation, Inc., as part of an investigation into whether these entities violated the District's Nonprofit Act," Racine said in a statement.

He continued: "We are seeking documents from these two nonprofits detailing, among other things, their financial records, payments to vendors, and payments to officers and directors."

The NRA did not immediately return a request for comment.

Racine's office has jurisdiction over nonprofits and can bring an organization to court to dissolve or place into receivership a nonprofit that misuses funds or does not act in accord with its stated mission.

Racine's subpoenas come as the organization is under mounting internal and external pressure. They are the second state legal action taken against the NRA in recent months.

In April, New York Attorney General Letitia James also issued subpoenas to the NRA and its foundation seeking financial records about its tax-exempt status

Trump will tell them it's ok to defy the subpoenas... Patriotic American Donald Trump

Gun owner here.

AR-15 owner here

Hunter here.

I hope the NRA burns around LaPierre. Fuck him, fuck his cronies, and fuck the fucking snakes on that board of directors.

The NRA conned goober rednecks with their "cold dead hands" and "government gun grabbers" rhetoric. "Send us your money! We're the last bastion of freedom!"

It's much like the televangelist hustle. Takes in a lot of the same sad dopes, too.

The NRA conned goober rednecks with their "cold dead hands" and "government gun grabbers" rhetoric. "Send us your money! We're the last bastion of freedom!"

It's much like the televangelist hustle. Takes in a lot of the same sad dopes, too.

Plus a dash of Russian spy whores.

Non-profit tax designation shouldn't exist. If you're not generating excess then you won't have a tax liability.

Perfect time for Gun Owners of America to step up . . .

Gun owner here.

AR-15 owner here

Hunter here.

I hope the NRA burns around LaPierre. Fuck him, fuck his cronies, and fuck the fucking snakes on that board of directors.

Definitely time for the organization to wake up and stop catering to LaPierre . . . wish I could get a refund of my life membership.

Perfect time for Gun Owners of America to step up . . .

Them and FPC are certainly trying. They are in the courts right now fighting. The problem is the fudds that blindly and vehemently defend the NRA no matter what instead of switching to actual pro gun orgs.

It's amazing to see online. Pro gun people call out the nra and their members defend them with calling the real pro gun people snowflakes. "Accessories aren't guns, who cares about bump stocks, suppressors, nfa, etc. Who cares about the lavish misspending of our donations, corruption, 7 figure saliers, etc look at all the good they've done."

Them and FPC are certainly trying. They are in the courts right now fighting. The problem is the fudds that blindly and vehemently defend the NRA no matter what instead of switching to actual pro gun orgs.

It's amazing to see online. Pro gun people call out the nra and their members defend them with calling the real pro gun people snowflakes. "Accessories aren't guns, who cares about bump stocks, suppressors, nfa, etc. Who cares about the lavish misspending of our donations, corruption, 7 figure saliers, etc look at all the good they've done."

I've actually read about people who think Oliver North was a plant meant to destroy the NRA from within by going after LaPierre.

Instead of trying to hold him accountable for horrible spending.

Yeah, it's been a culture war outrage machine for some time now.

Even if I don't agree with the political priorities of persons like Alan, I respect that he's genuine in his beliefs and advocates them honestly and isn't just hustling racist old white people out of their money.

Non-profit tax designation shouldn't exist. If you're not generating excess then you won't have a tax liability.

It's a lot more complicated than that (nonprofits occupy a space where funding and costs, as well as the need to spend, are often erratic), but I agree in spirit that it's an issue that needs to be addressed: the business firm-like accumulations of economic power in nonprofits.

It's a lot more complicated than that (nonprofits occupy a space where funding and costs, as well as the need to spend, are often erratic), but I agree in spirit that it's an issue that needs to be addressed: the business firm-like accumulations of economic power in nonprofits.

I get that, but lots of businesses have irregular income and expenditures. What are other possible ways to address it?

haha, I actually agree with this. I used to work for a non-profit nursing home, yet the president was and still currently is paid, literally, 3 times as much as people with similar positions at nursing homes within the same county. Some of those nursing homes being FOR profit. It is beyond ridiculous. Not to mention I left that company because they kept firing and replacing people higher up than me (but lower than him), because they couldn't meet ridiculous expectations to maximize profit that the president and the board of trustees wanted.

edit: I mean, I am sure there are benefits being non-profit that actually help the community, but I am not privy to that. I actually don't know what it would be, since there are an equal amount of FOR-profit nursing homes.

They need to clean house and get back to doing what members pay them to do.

Gun owner here.

AR-15 owner here

Hunter here.

Maybe they have current issues (I'm not fully up-to-date on the goings on), but absent the NRA a young man such as yourself wouldn't even be able to own an AR-15 at this point.

The truth is that these so called DA's are political pieces of shit in human form. That said the NRA and the gun industry needs to clean up it's act and stop relying on left wing shit heads to galvanize support and drive sales.

Gun owner here.

AR-15 owner here

Hunter here.

You should be thanking us NRA donors for fighting for your rights.

Do you think LaPierre can successfully lobby without that suit collection of is? I spent a lot of money on that wardrobe and I'll be damned if you go and join that GOA

/s if not obvious

Maybe they have current issues (I'm not fully up-to-date on the goings on), but absent the NRA a young man such as yourself wouldn't even be able to own an AR-15 at this point.

NRA tell you that?

Sometimes you have to destroy the village in order to save it.

Back