CZ-75, Springfield XD, Ruger SR9, or Berreta PX-4?

Scottsdale is nice. The gun laws in AZ are great, we have open carry and concealed carry, don't need a license for either.

I might actually be moving to Scottsdale in a few years with my boyfriend.

XDM's are much much more expensive, and the fact that it's not offered in a California legal version makes it impossible for me to have.

Scottsdale is nice. The gun laws in AZ are great, we have open carry and concealed carry, don't need a license for either.

I love Scottsdale and Tuscon. Only problem is that being gay in Arizona anywhere BUT Scottsdale is pretty dangerous.... My bf's family all live out there, and we've visited alot, and a few times, the only reason we didn't get jumped in Phoenix and Tuscon is because we were with a big group of people. Some bitches in Phoenix called us f**gots and ran to their boyfriends.

I love Scottsdale and Tuscon. Only problem is that being gay in Arizona anywhere BUT Scottsdale is pretty dangerous.... My bf's family all live out there, and we've visited alot, and a few times, the only reason we didn't get jumped in Phoenix and Tuscon is because we were with a big group of people. Some bitches in Phoenix called us f**gots and ran to their boyfriends.

Damn, I totally missed that you were gay, i thought you were a girl since you mentioned boyfriend all the time. Oh well, you need to slap the shit out of that fool for even suggesting you get panzy caliber guns. I'm assuming you're the butch :icon_chee

I never heard of any gay bashing like that when i lived in AZ, but i lived further north. Most the towns around there seemed fairly easy going in all ways. Then again, I'm not gay. That's got to be a real pain in the ass, if you pardon the pun. More motivation to arm your self and become proficient with your gun.

Damn, I totally missed that you were gay, i thought you were a girl since you mentioned boyfriend all the time. Oh well, you need to slap the shit out of that fool for even suggesting you get panzy caliber guns. I'm assuming you're the butch :icon_chee

I never heard of any gay bashing like that when i lived in AZ, but i lived further north. Most the towns around there seemed fairly easy going in all ways. Then again, I'm not gay. That's got to be a real pain in the ass, if you pardon the pun. More motivation to arm your self and become proficient with your gun.

I agree and throw in don't bother to pay any heed to the narrow minded few, life is too precious to bust someones chops over their choice of love interests.

Haha, actually, he's the more masculine one. I'm just the one that used to box and wrestle. As far as the gay bashing in AZ, Tuscon is REALLY bad. Phoenix can be pretty bad too depending on what area you're in. Scottsdale is the most accepting. perhaps because of the Scottsdale mall and relatively large gay community there. It can be a huge pain in the ass, but as long as you're not alone, you won't get jumped over there. And it's all the motivation I need to get a gun and be well used to it. We do tend to go to AZ often, and I'm sick of having to put my shotgun under the seat of my car.

I agree and throw in don't bother to pay any heed to the narrow minded few, life is too precious to bust someones chops over their choice of love interests.

Good advice my friend.

and I'm sick of having to put my shotgun under the seat of my car.

pretty sure this is illegal too if my CA law memory serves right. IIRC you have to have it stowed away like out of reach and also unloaded. Not 100% sure, but i would be massively surprised if keeping a shotgun under the seat of your car is legal in CA, even if it is unloaded.

Might want to look into that. Easily avoidable felony.

I would get the CZ 75B. I have put numerous rounds through a Glock 17, FN FNP-9, SR9, and S&W MP and the CZ was the most accurate. None of them jammed on me and I have put over 2000 rounds on all of them. The only gun that jammed when I went to the range was my friend's Glock 23. We keep our guns meticulously clean so it wasn't dirty.

pretty sure this is illegal too if my CA law memory serves right. IIRC you have to have it stowed away like out of reach and also unloaded. Not 100% sure, but i would be massively surprised if keeping a shotgun under the seat of your car is legal in CA, even if it is unloaded.

Might want to look into that. Easily avoidable felony.

Oh, I only do that when we drive to Arizona.

I would get the CZ 75B. I have put numerous rounds through a Glock 17, FN FNP-9, SR9, and S&W MP and the CZ was the most accurate. None of them jammed on me and I have put over 2000 rounds on all of them. The only gun that jammed when I went to the range was my friend's Glock 23. We keep our guns meticulously clean so it wasn't dirty.

My fave so far is indeed the CZ-75. I'm looking to get the CZ-75 compact actually. Bud's has them for $465 along with the decocker DA/SA CZ-75 full size.

I'm not gay so I can't say for sure but I would think Scottsdale and Tempe would be the more "gay friendly" areas.

The next time you're in Scottsdale check out Scottsdale Gun Club (if you've never been). Great indoor range that rents all kinds of guns.

I'm not gay so I can't say for sure but I would think Scottsdale and Tempe would be the more "gay friendly" areas.

The next time you're in Scottsdale check out Scottsdale Gun Club (if you've never been). Great indoor range that rents all kinds of guns.

Scottsdale and Tempe definitely are. My ex's parents live in Tempe, and it was another place I loved to visit. I'll have to visit that range.... Sounds pretty intriguing :D

I prefer shooting outside, but sometimes when it's 110 in Phoenix it's nice to be able to shoot inside with air conditioning.

Definitely understandable. our shooting trips are usually in the desert, and the heat can get pretty bad. It's always blistering hot or freezing. Not good conditions when there's either sweat in your eyes or you can't feel your fingers.

Back