Cynthia Calvillo vs. Antonina Shevchenko added to UFC Lincoln, Nebraska (April 25th)

Who wins?

• Total voters
Nina girl got nothing off her back. Calvillo will hit it like she got a strap.

Antonina is pretty cute for wmma fighter. Wondering why there hasn't been threads on her, while lesser females get so much attention.
There have been. The consensus was that Antonia and Val are not blood related because Antonia is so much more naturally attractive.

This will be a flyweight fight.

Antonina Shevchenko Welcomes Cynthia Calvillo To The Flyweight Division
January 24, 2020
Bloody Canvas
https://www.bloodycanvas.net/antoni...s-cynthia-calvillo-to-the-flyweight-division/

rashida-tlaib-hanukkah-greeting-israel-edited-1577119569.jpg

I can't stand Calvillo, her hype somehow reminds me to the Mayce's one, out of nowhere and undeserved.

Hopefully Antonia can get the W

I really hope if Cynthia wins she uses the opportunity to call out Valentina.

Calvillo got gifted a draw in her last fight. But she should be able to get Antonina to the ground and impose her will.

Rooting for Antonina. Picking Calvillo because she has a ground game.

That's a hell of a fight, and very tough to call. Shevchenko seems to be improving with every fight, and is pretty clearly the better striker, but Calvillo is a beast.

Will be interesting to see how Calvillo looks at 125, and to see Shevchenko's progress against an elite opponent.

Pretty significant step up for Shevchenko.

Can’t tell if something’s trying really hard to come out of Calvillo’s butt or get in it.

Rooting for Antonina. Picking Calvillo because she has a ground game.
Pretty much my exact feelings on this one. Calvillo is annoying as hell, but I doubt Shevchenko has developed her ground game enough to take this. I’d love to be wrong, though.

Pretty much my exact feelings on this one. Calvillo is annoying as hell, but I doubt Shevchenko has developed her ground game enough to take this. I’d love to be wrong, though.
My hope is that Antonina is (it seems) lower on the curve on learning ground game and therefore is improving at that faster than average. Calvillo is ALL about her ground game. So....with the Shevchenko work ethic and I'd imagine constant practice with her sister Valentina, there's a possibility that Antonina has made more progress on that than we might expect. BUT ...yes she should try to keep it on the feet for sure.

And....I do agree Calvillo is irritating as fuck with her BS and excuses and general attitude. She is another female fighter who is a Personal Favorite of Dana (and has been for a while), that is quite obvious.

Back