Cynthia Calvillo Returns From Weed Suspension; Fights Poliana Botelho @ UFC Fight Night Argentina

Contrary to the opinion of Dimspace, who put me on ignore after I pointed out how wrong he was about saying you would have to smoke with 48 hours of testing to fail a test, there is a huge flaw in the testing procedures.

THC metabolites are stored in fat cells, and are released during periods of extreme dieting, extreme dehydration and changes in ACTH levels. No study has ever been done to show the extent to which metabolites are released during extreme conditions. (no ethics board would ever allow a study due to the health risk to the participants and legal liabilities). So WADA raised the threshold, but did so with no scientific basis for doing so.

Why, you might ask? Because they are lawyers, not scientists. A colleague of mine who is a former researcher for the WHO is tracking down a couple of the usual consultants tapped by WADA/USADA for this sort of thing. The first two she spoke with were not contacted when the decision was made. Attempts to contact WADA have fallen on deaf ears, unsurprisingly.

When she gets done with her follow-up, it will be published. I will post a link, but it will take some time (a few more months).

The people who pop for this sort of thing need to talk to someone who knows the actual science, but no one ever seems to.

Cynthia not getting much respect in this thread, she's still the only one to beat Aspen Ladd though.

UFC Buenos Aires’ Cynthia Calvillo excited to return after ‘bogus’ suspension for marijuana
by Tim Bissell
https://www.bloodyelbow.com/2018/11...ion-marijuana-botelho-wmma-mma-interview-news

Excerpts from the article:

However, it’s not been all bad — according to Calvillo. The long period without fighting has allowed her to “heal up” and seriously re-examine her training regimen.

“I’m such a workhorse,” stated Calvillo. “You couldn’t get me out of the gym. You’d have to kick me out. This time around, I’m way more careful and we’re focusing more on athleticism and conditioning and making sure I get the proper recovery from training. And I feel great.

“As an athlete sometimes you just want to go and go, and you think you have so much to work on, but in mixed martial arts you can only practice every area so many times a week ... I’m now learning how to deal with my body and I feel just as great even with pulling back a little from my training"

~
"(Botelho is) a heavy hitter,” she said. “She’s big, she cuts a lot of weight. I would say that my jiu jitsu ground game is a lot better than hers. She usually uses her size to keep her opponent away. She doesn’t like moving backwards, so she moves forwards and likes to get into these brawls. So I think I’ve got to use my footwork and my athleticism, and go in for the takedowns, and make it an easy fight for myself.”

Contrary to the opinion of Dimspace, who put me on ignore after I pointed out how wrong he was about saying you would have to smoke with 48 hours of testing to fail a test, there is a huge flaw in the testing procedures.

THC metabolites are stored in fat cells, and are released during periods of extreme dieting, extreme dehydration and changes in ACTH levels. No study has ever been done to show the extent to which metabolites are released during extreme conditions. (no ethics board would ever allow a study due to the health risk to the participants and legal liabilities). So WADA raised the threshold, but did so with no scientific basis for doing so.

Why, you might ask? Because they are lawyers, not scientists. A colleague of mine who is a former researcher for the WHO is tracking down a couple of the usual consultants tapped by WADA/USADA for this sort of thing. The first two she spoke with were not contacted when the decision was made. Attempts to contact WADA have fallen on deaf ears, unsurprisingly.

When she gets done with her follow-up, it will be published. I will post a link, but it will take some time (a few more months).

The people who pop for this sort of thing need to talk to someone who knows the actual science, but no one ever seems to.

Yeah that clown dumbspace has me on ignore too.

After I called him out for blasting posters saying Jon Jones could headline MSG because USADA was going to suspend him for years.

The guy just couldn't admit he was wrong. Classic narcissist.

Keys To Victory: Cynthia Calvillo vs Poliana Botelho
WMMAddict
Published on Nov 14, 2018

Yeah that clown dumbspace has me on ignore too.

After I called him out for blasting posters saying Jon Jones could headline MSG because USADA was going to suspend him for years.

The guy just couldn't admit he was wrong. Classic narcissist.

He could actually be a good poster, but he assumes knowledge far beyond what he actually possesses, then lacks the integrity to own up. I have no idea why people need to do that. I am well educated, well traveled because of the military, blah, blah, blah and I have fucked up ten tons of shit. Far more than most posters because I am much older.

So?

Part of life.

If there is one thing I cannot stand it is people arguing when they do not know what they are talking about.

I still can't understand why fighters would jeopardize their income for some weed.

Cythia Calvillo vs Poliana Botelho Fight Night Buenos Aires MEDIA DAY STAREDOWN

girl looks like a man......jesus

The devil's lettuce will be her downfall!

UFC Fight Night 140: Poliana Botelho media day interview

Cynthia says she doesn't think the fight will go past the first round.

UFC Fight Night 140: Cynthia Calvillo media day interview

Last edited:
UFC Fight night 140: Cynthia Calvillo - Poliana Botelho breakdown discussion
combobreaker99
Published on Nov 16, 2018

Back