Cynical and Depressing Life Stories

If anyone has been totally destroyed, on every level, as a person, over the past decade, it's been me.... but I am rebuilding myself. I'm closer than ever to being better physically, but I'm way stronger mentally.

But I know this is a key moment in my life. I have to make the right decisions here or all of it was for nothing.

Yeah the go fuck yourself was for the couple of people early in the thread that said just get over it and don't feel sorry for yourself. Like that's how depression works, or is at all helpful in any way.

As far as shooting peoples ideas down, I wasn't really trying to do that. I thought I made it clear in this and other threads that I do have pretty severe problems with depression, anxiety and social anxiety.

I appreciate the advice and didn't mean to make it seem like I don't. However I'm probably not going to suddenly just magically have the social skills of a normal person. I never really have.

So the typical advice I get from people of well go out and meet people or go talk to people doesn't really work for me. I get pretty intense anxiety in any social situation where I'm uncomfortable or strangers are involved. That's a large part of why I really have no friends and live like a hermit.

Anyway again I don't mean to sound like a douche or a whiner, I just get severely depressed sometimes and need to vent.

I know it's my life and I have to fix my own problems if they're going to get fixed. Don't really expect anyone to solve them for me. I really did expect to maybe here some similar stories of venting from others since I know my issues are hardly unique, especially on sherdog.

If you have intense anxiety in any social situation how did you meet your wife?

Try traveling alone somewhere.

This^^^. Also try moutaineering or something that will test you to your limits and ultimately leave you full of so much life that you will not need medication.

please please please dont do anything stupid like suicide

may not seem like it now but the Lord has a mighty plan for your life, do not kill yourself or give up

Jesus is literally waiting for you to cry out to Him ... you have tried everything else: drugs , alcohol, pills, doctors, etc, just call out to Jesus man, ask Him for help, and HE WILL

dont know you, but I got the love of God for you bro, pm me if you want to talk

Back