Cycle Protein Powder??

heritagemma

Purple Belt
@purple
Reaction score
I've cycle a lot of my supplements (i.e. Creatine). Do you any of you also cycle your whey protein powders? Or do you guys us it daily? I'm just looking for feedback. Thanks.

Ahhht....NO!!!! Why would you even think about cycling protein ? Does that mean you'd become a vegetarian for a couple of weeks a month? This has to be one of the dumbest questions I've ever seen on here.

Pretty big difference between caseine and isolate.............take caseine at night before bed.......

I would never say skip a day of protein shakes, however, I would say to alternate different tubs of protein after each one is complete so your body doesnt adapt to the same form of protein.

I would never say skip a day of protein shakes, however, I would say to alternate different tubs of protein after each one is complete so your body doesnt adapt to the same form of protein.

What are you talking about? What you said literally makes no sense?

What are you talking about? What you said literally makes no sense?

Think he's trying to say that he switches brands/types of protein in order to prevent his body "adapting" to a certain brand/type of protein. Which is bullshit but thats another can of worms altogether.

Btw, don't cycle creatine. It works through muscular saturation, which is only achieved through consistent and large enough (5g a day) dosings over a sufficient amount of time. It is not a supplement which is acute.

Think he's trying to say that he switches brands/types of protein in order to prevent his body "adapting" to a certain brand/type of protein. Which is bullshit but thats another can of worms altogether.

I thought that was what he was implying, but it was just one of the most retarded things I have ever heard that I had to do a double take.

I am astonished how nice people are being in this thread.

To the TS: no, cycling your protein powder would make no sense whatsoever. The purpose of protein powder is essentially as a faster, more convenient, etc. replacement for meat (or other sources of protein). Cycling off of protein powder makes as much sense as cycling off of food, because that's all it is.

No need to cycle protein, same as there is no need for cycling food. Also wasnt casein protein shown to be superior to whey even in normal daily use, barring immediately post workout? (lyle mcd)

This made me chuckle

protein confuzion!

Last edited:

This is one of the funniest things I have ever read, EVER!

you might not want to use the same type of protein over and over multiple times a day for years on end as that can lead to allergies. if you use a lot of protein powders during the day you might want to use a blend of say whey and egg or whey and casein to make sure your body isn't getting the same thing day in and day out

^Extended periods of consuming anything will not lead to allergies in a healthy individual. If it does, theres something going on (e.g. nutritional deficiencies or cortisol imbalance).

That being said I think its wise to use a range of different foods/supplements (whey in this case) to cover all of the macro and micro nutrient demands. Variety is the spice of life.

I cycle between ribeye, T-bone, sirloin, hamburger, etc cause I don't wanna become allergic to cows or adapt to the protein.

I cycle between ribeye, T-bone, sirloin, hamburger, etc cause I don't wanna become allergic to cows or adapt to the protein.

That would have been better, had you put more thought into it and not listed only cow meats.

I cycled between brands, what was on sale last time, and what was on sale this time.
I also use the one w/ creatine on days I eat fish or birds. The one w/o extra creatine on days I eat land animal.

Back