Cyborg's nutrionist was asked about 135lbs for the first time LAST WEEK

BS. They would never have that standard for any other fighter. They are protecting Rousey.

Kenny had to win one fight at 145 to prove he could make it

But then cyborg also made a point of having a doctor tell the UFC she would die if she tried to make 135.... Only for her to be like "jk I'll make it"

lol, wtf is up with Cyborg and her crew talking about this Dec. 5 fight. Ronda is fighting Meisha next and there has been no official word on anything yet, plus she hasn't proven she can make 135, which I believe she can, but whether she is commited to it is a different story.

lol get her back to her normal weight of 170 pounds? You gotta be kidding me.

BS. They would never have that standard for any other fighter. They are protecting Rousey.

Perhaps but it's more a case of them protecting their potential main event. Cyborg seems to really wanna kick her ass and I wouldn't put it past them to agree to 135 yet fail to come in at that weight.

Nobody comes in and gets a title shot at a new weight unless you're someone like BJ Penn

I saw the interview while it was streaming and I was honestly a bit stunned that Lockhart said that Cyborg's team had only asked him about the logistics of making 135 for the first time LAST week.

It really is mind boggling considering she's been spewing to the media and everyone that would listen that she was "trying hard" and "doing her best" to make 135.

How hard can you really be trying when you don't even ASK your nutritionist if it's possible?

The management team that Cyborg has surrounded herself with has cost her an obscene amount of money since 2012. I almost feel bad for her. Total Keystone Cops stuff.

The management team that Cyborg has surrounded herself with has cost her an obscene amount of money since 2012. I almost feel bad for her. Total Keystone Cops stuff.

Well, you kind of knew that it wasn't going to end well when it started with Tito as her manager.

And really, not foreseeing the backlash of steroid use was really shortsighted, especially in woman's MMA where there's a greater emphasis on physical appearance.

Unfair as it is, there's a reason why there's never been a female version of Roy Nelson. The idea that adding masculine qualities to a woman fighter through PED's would enhance her career is an epic miscalculation.

Cyborg seems to really wanna kick her ass and I wouldn't put it past them to agree to 135 yet fail to come in at that weight.

I've seen zero evidence Cybrog truly WANTS to kick her ass, and very little evidence that she could actually do the job. Cyborg is built on exponentially weaker comp than Ronda, I'm not convinced she can even last a round.

LOL. It doesn't surprise me that this is the first time he's been asked. They never had any intention in the past to get her down to 135. I think they believed they could pressure the UFC/Ronda into doing the fight on Cyborgs terms. Now that the historic opportunity of Cowboys Stadium is out there shes scrambling to do whatever it takes. She knows that fighting Ronda is the biggest payout she will ever get.

Does she get an instant title shot without proving she can make the weight first? Seems risky as hell. I think the UFC would put her up against a top 5 fighter first and then if she won she'd get RR.

Cyborg has given in to the 135 condition. There are no excuses for Ronda or the UFC anymore.

If they don't make this fight this would be the definition of ducking.

Haha. She hasn't done shit except talk... and she's been saying this crap for years. She should really have to do a supervised weight cut and then run a half-marathon the next day to prove she can do the cut and not be severely exhausted the next day. After this, give her Meisha or Zingano at 135 and see how well she does. If she wins, give her a title shot.

Does she get an instant title shot without proving she can make the weight first? Seems risky as hell. I think the UFC would put her up against a top 5 fighter first and then if she won she'd get RR.

This. Should fight Amanda Nunes for number 1 contender.

See if she can handle someone her size who isn't a complete can. And of course see if she can make 135 without having her team rig the scale.

lmao, no she isn't. Champs get PPV points and that's not even guaranteed last time I checked.

She'll be lucky to make 50k and get a new truck. PPV points for a known juicer that's been taking pot shots literally for years at the UFC's biggest star? Okay. Now even a hundred Titos with intact skulls could pull that one off.

The whole thing is business. She'll get a pay per view cut alright. This thread is just (unintentionally) more of the hype being generated to sell this fight. All of this talk from Dana, playing hardball and shit, talk from Rousey, talk from Cyborg... It's all part of the promotion.
Wake up y'all, it's showbiz advertising 101. They are going to fight and it'll make big.

Why should Cyborg jump through more hoops? She is clearly the most deserving opponent, and shes offering to step right into Ronda weight class.

Ball is on Rondas corner. There is not an opponent even close to as deserving as Cyborg, so if she turns in down now it's ducking.

Because making and promoting a superfight then have Cyborg come in overweight would be a disaster.

It needs to be a lesser fight, it can be the worst can available. That way if she does not make weight it isn't as much of a disaster.

Easy solution. Make the fight, call her bluff. If she backs out she's ducking Ronda. If they don't make the fight Ronda is ducking Cyborg.

You post the same retarded shit in every one of these threads.

If the UFC didn't want to give Cyborg the shot at 135, why sign her with the only hurdle to her title shot being she has to make weight once in Invicta and beat the shit out of some poor 120 lb can that has no chance against her?

If the UFC's goal has been to protect Ronda from big bad Cyborg then signing Cyborg to that deal was a pretty fucking stupid thing to do.

Or gee, maybe they'd love for Cyborg to lose some of that Barry Bonds-esque muscle she's gained to make the weight for the class they have. I'm sure they are as skeptical as we all are that Cyborg will actually put in the effort to do it, but they put a damn contract in front of her and she signed it so what the fuck are people like you complaining about all the time?

Cybro hasn't made weight yet.

Her contract with the UFC stipulates she has to win a fight at 135lbs before getting the title shot.

Let's see her do that first, then we can talk fighting Ronda and see who's ducking who.

That's all there is to it.

Make 135 one fucking time first

Or

shut. The. Fuck. Up

Perhaps but it's more a case of them protecting their potential main event. Cyborg seems to really wanna kick her ass and I wouldn't put it past them to agree to 135 yet fail to come in at that weight.

Nobody comes in and gets a title shot at a new weight unless you're someone like BJ Penn
You would have to be a fool to think Ronda and Zuffa do not have contingencies in place if Thyroid comes over weight. Docking a % off the purse, yanking her off the card, have Miesha Taint as backup, do a Skype call with Floyd. They will be ready

Back