Cyborg's nutrionist was asked about 135lbs for the first time LAST WEEK

Exactly, talk is cheap. Cyborg has said many times that she can't possibly make 135

What's to stop her from just showing up at 145 anyways?

She needs to prove she can make weight before they invest in her

She's also had three years to attempt to make 135, and just got bigger.

I want to beleive though she is serious, but I am also worried she could just say fuck it and come in overweight.

So if he can get her all the way back to her normal fighting weight then why does he need till December to do the cut?

She's also had three years to attempt to make 135, and just got bigger.

I want to beleive though she is serious, but I am also worried she could just say fuck it and come in overweight.

If she just stayed true to her word and worked her weigh down in invicta, none of it would be a problem. Idk why people even act like there's gray area. She needs one fight at 135 and she's good

Cyborg has to prove she can make 135 before fighting ronda. That means at least one fight at that weight. Otherwise she's too big a risk. What would keep her from coming in at 140 and sacrifice some of her pay?

Whats to stop her from doing that anyway?

If she just stayed true to her word and worked her weigh down in invicta, none of it would be a problem. Idk why people even act like there's gray area. She needs one fight at 135 and she's good

That's what I mean, she flip flops so often.

I feel though if she does it a little too many, esp when she starts getting a bit more of the mainstream attention because of Ronda, people may get pissed and discard her regardless if the fight ever happens. The public can be very fickle people, and if a backlash comes, she may lose her big fight as well.

Actually the fact that they finally asked her nutrionist about it makes me think they might want to do it now. Cyborg will without a doubt get PPV points and if she gets that she'll guarantee make millions. She's getting older and I'm sure she's looking to make one big pay day before she's done with this sport.

lmao, no she isn't. Champs get PPV points and that's not even guaranteed last time I checked.

She'll be lucky to make 50k and get a new truck. PPV points for a known juicer that's been taking pot shots literally for years at the UFC's biggest star? Okay. Now even a hundred Titos with intact skulls could pull that one off.

I saw the interview while it was streaming and I was honestly a bit stunned that Lockhart said that Cyborg's team had only asked him about the logistics of making 135 for the first time LAST week.

It really is mind boggling considering she's been spewing to the media and everyone that would listen that she was "trying hard" and "doing her best" to make 135.

How hard can you really be trying when you don't even ASK your nutritionist if it's possible?

It seems pretty clear to me that Cyborg had ZERO intention of making 135, expended ZERO effort to even try to lower her weight, and is only looking at making the cut now because Rousey has exploded into a super star.

Then toss on that Lockhart said that they could EASILY make 135 in 4-6 months and that Cyborg would lose no strength and be just as explosive?

The only thing stopping this fight has clearly been Cyborg.

lmao, no she isn't. Champs get PPV points and that's not even guaranteed last time I checked.

She'll be lucky to make 50k and get a new truck. PPV points for a known juicer that's been taking pot shots literally for years at the UFC's biggest star? Okay. Now even a hundred Titos with intact skulls could pull that one off.

If Gilbert Melendez can get PPV points Cyborg can get them. Also it's been rumored for a while now that everyone on the main event gets PPV points. So if your a title challenger you get PPV points for that fight.

Who on the planet can cut and rehydrate 30+ pounds SAFELY?

He's going to start her fight week cut at 165? She'd never make weight, ruin a main event and then blame the UFC and Ronda for not accepting the fight

From 135lbs to 170lbs in one day without IV? Sounds insane.

Well, weight cutting in general is pretty far out.

I believe someone like Gleison Tibau and a few others can do this, but it's not too common for a lighter fighter.

And I could be wrong, but I thought I heard this could hurt a woman's reproductive capabilities.

If this does ever happen, I expect Cyborg to be tired and gassed pretty fast. Only folks that do this often and well should try it before a big fight. Her best bet is simply to shed 5-10lbs of muscle slowly, and use her experience, not her size, as her biggest weapon.

Account bet Cris ducks the drug testing.

Who on the planet can cut and rehydrate 30+ pounds SAFELY?

He's going to start her fight week cut at 165? She'd never make weight, ruin a main event and then blame the UFC and Ronda for not accepting the fight

That's what has me unsettled about this. Hoping it's just some Dolce-like hyperbole over his own abilities and that he's not actually that stupid.

Gain 33-35 pounds in one day for the fight? cyborg would have heart failure chances are. I think this dude is out of his mind, I do not see this happening. Who knows but it sounds like hot air to me. Even Forrest Griffin who would walk around at 234 pounds for 205 would be around 215 or 216 for the fight, same as Couture and Liddell during that time. Griffin mentioned he gained more weight than that for fights and felt horrible, so imagine over 30 pounds for the fight I don't see Cyborg doing it very well.

Yeah that seems a bit absurd. She would need to consume several buckets of extra crispy (with gravy) to have a chance

Sounds like she has a top notch "Nutritionist" working for her. No chance something goes wrong with this plan.

Yeah that seems a bit absurd. She would need to consume several buckets of extra crispy (with gravy) to have a chance

Sounds like she has a top notch "Nutritionist" working for her. No chance something goes wrong with this plan.

"Extra crispy" is exactly how she would look at the weigh-ins

Exactly, talk is cheap. Cyborg has said many times that she can't possibly make 135

What's to stop her from just showing up at 145 anyways?

She needs to prove she can make weight before they invest in her

BS. They would never have that standard for any other fighter. They are protecting Rousey.

Maybe ronda can drop to 125 to make Cyborg lose another 10 pounds.

Back