Cyborg's nutrionist was asked about 135lbs for the first time LAST WEEK

Ashenthorn

Black Belt
@Black
Reaction score
Then says basically the same thing Dolce said 2 years ago:

http://www.mmafighting.com/2015/8/10/9127493/cris-cyborgs-nutritionist-says-she-can-absolutely-get-down-to-135

Cris Cyborg's nutritionist is confident he can get the women's MMA star down to 135 pounds. And he thinks he can do it by December.

George Lockhart told Ariel Helwani on Monday's edition of The MMA Hour that he believes Cyborg can make bantamweight within four to six months in a healthy manner, keeping her physical attributes intact. That would make a potential fight between Cyborg and Ronda Rousey at UFC 194 on Dec. 5 a possibility.

"If they want her to fight Dec. 5, it would be within the timeline," Lockhart said. "It would be close, but she could definitely make 135 before Dec. 5."

Lockhart said for the first time Cyborg's team actually asked him what he thought about her making 135 last week. Lockhart told them she could "absolutely" do it.

Lockhart said that not only could Cyborg get down to 135, he believes he can get her back up to her normal fighting weight of 168-170 pounds one day later without an IV.

"That's my goal," Lockhart said. "My goal is to make her better, faster, more explosive at 135. ... If anything, she's going to fight exactly the way she does at 145."

talk is cheap, let's see cyborg actually make 135 lbs after so much talk about how she would DIE if she tried cutting down to 135 lbs.

Gain 33-35 pounds in one day for the fight? cyborg would have heart failure chances are. I think this dude is out of his mind, I do not see this happening. Who knows but it sounds like hot air to me. Even Forrest Griffin who would walk around at 234 pounds for 205 would be around 215 or 216 for the fight, same as Couture and Liddell during that time. Griffin mentioned he gained more weight than that for fights and felt horrible, so imagine over 30 pounds for the fight I don't see Cyborg doing it very well.

From 135lbs to 170lbs in one day without IV? Sounds insane.

Well, weight cutting in general is pretty far out.

Cyborg has to prove she can make 135 before fighting ronda. That means at least one fight at that weight. Otherwise she's too big a risk. What would keep her from coming in at 140 and sacrifice some of her pay?

Let's see her do it then.

Lose the weight or shut up Cybro.

Cyborg is ZERO intention of fighting Ronda. Her intention is to mention Ronda constantly to stay relevant while smashing part time fighters and blown up 125'ers.

giphy.gif

Cyborg is ZERO intention of fighting Ronda. Her intention is to mention Ronda constantly to stay relevant while smashing part time fighters and blown up 125'ers.

Actually the fact that they finally asked her nutrionist about it makes me think they might want to do it now. Cyborg will without a doubt get PPV points and if she gets that she'll guarantee make millions. She's getting older and I'm sure she's looking to make one big pay day before she's done with this sport.

Cyborg has given in to the 135 condition. There are no excuses for Ronda or the UFC anymore.

If they don't make this fight this would be the definition of ducking.

I really have to congrat Tito and Cyborg, they kept talking about this so much that they may finally start to break through and have people pay attention. If they actually fight or not is another story, but bringing the Ronda fight up so much they actually got some much needed attention to her. I bet her next fight in Invicta does much better this time around.

So basically everyone says she can make the weight, except Cyborg, when it's convenient.

So basically everyone says she can make the weight, except Cyborg, when it's convenient.

Easy solution. Make the fight, call her bluff. If she backs out she's ducking Ronda. If they don't make the fight Ronda is ducking Cyborg.

Back