Cyborg will knock out Ronda in the first round

JustOnce

On Hiatus
Double Yellow Card
Reaction score
If that fight ever happens.

I feel that it's some chicken shit to call someone out from a higher weight class to a fight and ask them to drop down to their weight class when they competed in that higher weight class for the majority of their existence on this planet while competing internationally, at least it is just that where I am from, but I guess it's okay and cool in USA.

People are making Ronda out to be almost the reincarnation of Shiva with a lightening rod of Zeus and supreme power of Vegeta. If you managed to listen to the praise aimed at her from the media/social media long enough, if you could do so without puking, after a while you would be convinced that she could tap Garcia with her arms behind her back, pin Saitiev blindfolded, and knock out Samart without even touching him.

I'm not going to say Ronda is facing subpar competition because it might be a case of her just being way better than anybody else in that division. I don't know. Nor am I going to say that she's not a great great fighter who made most out of her opportunity. And yes, I am a guy and she will probably tap me out in a minute unless I pull Starnes and bit faster at that too.

I thought Holy Holmes might have a shot if she was as good as advertised but boy was she a big disappointment. Cyborg does seem to possess a very masculine physical attributes visually and she did piss hot before, but I'm not going to be the one to judge, since though it's perhaps very likely one probably juiced when they piss hot, but there is probably exceptions since there's no such thing as a test without flaws, it's not perfect.

Regarding the potential outcome of the oft-mentioned fight,

I reason as follows.

I think Cyborg can keep it up long enough to knock Ronda out who doesn't seem to possess much polished striking defense. I don't see Ronda fighting off backfoot against Cyborg, and nor does Ronda rely on wrestling takedowns while ducking under a punch but she tend to just stand straight and just punches to set up her throws or use the threat of throws to set up her punches.

I think Cyborg kos her in the first round if they ever fight and Cyborg doesn't die from cutting weight.

original thread is original

I'm so glad you brought this up.

Hasn't been discussed enough around here.

I feel that it's some chicken shit to call someone out from a higher weight class to a fight and ask them to drop down to their weight class when they competed in that higher weight class for the majority of their existence on this planet while competing internationally, at least it is just that where I am from, but I guess it's okay and cool in USA.

She doesn't even need to fight Cyborg, she's the UFC BW Champ and undefeated (not like Cyborg)

If Cyborg wants to fight the BW Champ she needs to make the weight, simple as that.

Remember when Overeem looked awesome smashing the Paul Buentellos of the world? How'd he do against Bigfoot, Browne, Rothwell?

There is no proof Cyborg is better than Cat, Tate, or McMann. You're basing your opinion on flawed data; that is that Cris fights 128lb Japanese girls (Akano), part time fighters (Muxlaw, Finney, Tweet) and low level girls with terrible records (Finney 8-11, Muxlaw 6-3, Tweet 6-5). Plus, 36 year old 135lb Yoko Takahashi went to a decision with Cris. Would Yoko make it out of the first round with Ronda, Cat, Tate, McMann? Doubtful. Yoko has the stellar record of 17-12, and was knocked out in the first round by Coenen, Becky Levi, Irma Verhoeff, and submitted in the first round by Irina Rodina, and Coenen twice.

If Becky Levi can ko Takahashi in the first, how come Cris couldn't?

Totally agree TS.

You need to bet everything you own on Cyborg the second the line is released. Then convince everyone you know how much a lock it is and get them to bet big on it too. You'll need to hurry before Cyborg's line is pushed down. I'll let you know what book that you and everyone should make the bet at.

I promise I'm not saying this just because I'd want a better line on Rousey. I swear.

THAT overeem isn't THAT overeem.

And, with your logic, I guess we shouldn't bother fighting, we might as well look at the records of the opponents they faced and chose a victor.

Pretty sure Cyborg fought some legit competitions as well. Ronda pretty sure fought some cans too.

Totally agree TS.

You need to bet everything you own on Cyborg the second the line is released. Then convince everyone you know how much a lock it is and get them to bet big on it too. You'll need to hurry before Cyborg's line is pushed down. I'll let you know what book that you and everyone should make the bet at.

I promise I'm not saying this just because I'd want a better line on Rousey. I swear.

It could go either way, but I think that.

Remember when Overeem looked awesome smashing the Paul Buentellos of the world? How'd he do against Bigfoot, Browne, Rothwell?

if you're gonna copy and paste a dumb post, why not make it good?

Reem didn't do well because he was off the roids.

he was beating all of them too, btw. what a terrible comparison. do you even MMA?

LOL she kO's nobody..No, not she KO's nobodies she KO's no one. She beats her terrible much smaller opponents by TKO from an accumulation of embarrassing looking winging haymakers. She bumrushes her smaller terrible opponent like Cat Zingano. In fact Cat Zingano would have the same record as Cyborg against Cyborgs comp. She fought a 125lber with 11-10 record hit her 500 times and no KO. The ref had to stop it. And that was her roid period. Why do clueless people always say 'hur dur Cyborg by KO?'

Last edited:
It could go either way, but I think that.

I don't think you really understand what you're seeing, but that's just my opinion.

Cyborg fights one way, moving forward. She throws good combos and has good power no doubt, but she also overwhelms girls who are scared right off the bat. Moving TOWARD Ronda is really the worst thing to do. You are closing distance for her, and the clinch is already an easy position to get to. Stylistically, Cyborg is a great fit for what Ronda wants to do. She'll come right at Ronda and the clinch will be initiated quickly. Cris doesn't have great lateral movement, she's going to get clinched and tossed.

And unlike Gina who's a kickboxer yet still mounted Cyborg--TWICE--there won't be any surviving on the mat against Rousey. It ends in rd 1 and it's Rousey by sub or gnp.

But like I said, I'm hoping there's enough people out there to bet Cris that I can get a decent line on Rousey for one last time.

And you think moving toward cyborg is a good idea

Cyborg's best days are gone. Awhile back, when she was juicing I'd give her a chance against Ronda, but not anymore.

Watch Cyborg's latest fight against the sacrificial lamb put in front of her by Invicta. Then watch out easily that lamb clinched with Cyborg.

That's every Cyborg fight ever. She is ridiculously easy to clinch. That is really, really bad for her. Ronda is very hittable, but Cyborg isn't doing much hitting once Rousey clinches, and so far everyone has been able to clinch with Cyborg with ease, even with getting hit by her.

I hope so, I wonder what Rogan would do if that happened? If she fought the way she did in her last fight of brawling with no defense then she going schleep.

Back