Cyborg was popped for Spironolactone.

KazDibiase

"My style is kneeing people in the face."
@Silver
Reaction score

http://www.bloodyelbow.com/2016/12/...-test-its-nothing-bad-im-on-medical-treatment

Cyborg gave a quick explanation of what exactly happened that caused her to fail a drug test:

"What I can say now is that they are talking to my doctor, and I’m calm,” Cyborg said. "Everybody knows I’m sick, that I’m recovering from the weight cut I had to do for the fight. What is happening is post-weight cut. Everybody knows I’m sick. They are talking to my doctor to solve this the best way.

"It's nothing bad. I'm on medical treatment."

Her statements were mirrored by her boyfriend, Ray Elbe, in a post on The Underground:

"Not for a steroid, and she has a prescription as part of the post fight therapy she’s been receiving due to the severe weight cut," he wrote. "This has been known for a few days, and Cris doctor has been in direct contact with USADA turning over all the necessary patient files to document the reasons Cris needs the medication."

No doubt more information will be made available in the coming weeks and months. Of course, the USADA review process isn’t exactly a short one, so this is likely to drag out for a while before finally reaching any sort of definitive conclusion. In the meantime, stay tuned to Bloody Elbow for more news and updates.

UPDATE: Elbe as made further comments on the UG, elaborating on the exact nature of Cyborg’s treatment:

"Spironolactone. Cris had issues with her kidneys and blood pressure and that's part of a prescription she's been seeking for therapy "
"Cris dr works with several olympicand ufc athletes who are also under USADA testing and this was part of the treatment given to her the Monday after the weigh ins. Cris has not misused the prescription and has been assisting USADA with every request. I'm not a dr and soI don't know the specifics of the prescription and the treatment purpose of each ingredient, but this treatment process is the reason cris turned down a fight feb 11, as her dr said the three cuts in 8 months were damaging her body.

“I suspect her Dr to speak to the media about the specifics eventually."
"I don't believe Cris knew it was banned. She started taking it under the pretense it was prescribed by a dr who understood both the in and out of competition banned list as she works with several. She started USADA athletes. treatment began the Monday after her fight, and was scheduled to last until Jan and her next blood work exam.

“Its really a shame. Cris will inevitably receive some penalty from this. She needed the medicine to recover from the weight cut.---people slammed her for not fighting feb 11---but she was recovering from the extreme weight cut and was in treatment. Her dr told her the 3 cuts in 8 months were becoming dangerous.

“Cris Cyborg already learned the risks of steroids in 2011.

“2016 Cris Cyborg learned the risks of extreme weight cutting.

“She isn't using a steroid, and her fans can be confident that her intent wasn't PED but rather health related."
"Unfortunately she forwarded the list direct to the dr. And began treatment once she understood it was not on the banned list or requiring a therapeutic use exemption. Knowing she works with many USADA athletes the website wasn't checked."

Last edited by a moderator:
all that effort for the shadow realm in between non existent carajo weight class

Just like last time eh?

cyborg.jpg

Damn... It makes no sense to take a diuretic to treat a post weight cut dishorder... Cyborg, what have u done?

but why would she have a diuretic in her system at this time ?

Cool, a flyweight in invicta popped for one and got banned, see you in a year Cyborg.

Elbe said Spironolactone was the substance to blame. The World Anti-Doping Agency lists Spironolactone under its “diuretics and masking agents” section of substances that are “prohibited at all times (in- and out-of-competition) “unless the Athlete has an approved TUE.”
http://mmajunkie.com/2016/12/cyborg...st-due-to-prescription-for-post-fight-therapy

So apparently they are trying to sell the story of using a diuretic as therapy for a bad weight cut. Hilarious. Cyborg likely caught on her steroid cycle, still likely using like many of us suspected.

Looks like the real reason she didn't want to fight was because she was cycling, and didn't want to get busted.

but why would she have a diuretic in her system at this time ?
Her boyfriend is big into golden showers and she couldn't keep up. I wonder though, if the golden showers are less enjoyable when the gold is not as gold and is of a lesser carat. Only he knows.

Cool, a flyweight in invicta popped for one and got banned, see you in a year Cyborg.
Andrea Lee. She tried to play dum about it, too, saying they "just make you pee a lot." She's back next month,

Hasn't she popped in the past as well?
Would this mean she will get a life time ban ?

All natty. Just eats chicken and broccoli and takes a daily fish oil and multi.

Hasn't she popped in the past as well?
Would this mean she will get a life time ban ?
Yes she has previously failed for steroids.

She also was caught altering weigh in scales, but the AC was incompetent and covered it up to cover their ass.

Aren't diuretics masking agents most of the time in archaic testing?
That might work in Brazil
But this is the USADA #DontTaintTheBeef
Best Brush up on your knowedge for late 2018 Cyborg.
Lockhart tried to warn her...

Back