cyborg vs ronda is a lose lose situation

I know we tend to want to root for the underdog, (in this case at least famewise). but all the crap Rhonda is getting just isnt logical. Look. The challenger looks for the champion, not the other way around. Who has more to gain? Rhonda is a rock star right now. Her face is everywhere. Cyborgs is only known by hardcore mma fans and as that chick that is constantly talking shit about Rhonda.. If shes so damn sure she can easily kick rhonda's ass, considering all the fame and power she would get from it she would be willing to cut off her left tit to make that weight.
Cyborg would become an instant celebrity and instantly become a household name which she is not at this point.
And about the weight issue..look at cyborg and look at rhonda..
Cyborg looks like a man. lets face it. she is probably on steroids. source? my eyes and common sense
anyways, the point is that as a woman, she could lose some of that muscle mass very easily and lose those five pounds, meanwhile rhonda looks like shes about to blow up like a balloon. If anything she looks like shes overweight...not fat.but for sure bulky.
but sure, at the end of day its only five pounds. ive taken shits weigh more than that. but at the end of the day cyborg needs rhonda much more than rhonda needs cyborg

How can Cyborg possibly be a clean fighter? The UFC tests the fighters and I would highly doubt she could pass those tests. If she was clean she would drop the muscle mass and make the 135lb weight division, but that would cost her the advantage she has, so that won't happen.

Why should she drop her muscle? She shouldnt have to weaken her training just to fight someone who is comfortable where she is at.

The fight shouldn't even be a title fight anyway since cyborg would give the belt right back to ufc if she won

ufc shill: but dana, everyone will want to see this fight
dana: constantly bring up the steroids thing and also talk about how she cant make weight in a division we arbitrarily chose
ufc shill: but dana, people will jump on that and....
dana: those idiot fans will repeat whatever we want them to repeat
ufc shill: yes, dana, but what about how ronda is willing to fight gina carano and others at a catch weight
dana: dont worry about that sht, people dumb

Fighting Carano at any weight makes a lot of business sense. By that I mean a lot of money to be made.

Cyborg is not the same draw. I can see why Ronda would be willing to accommodate Gina at any cost. She even admitted this herself, that she'd bend over backwards to fight Gina.

Cyborg's not a draw. She's legitimately badass but I'm guessing if promoted well, Rousey VS Tate 3 will draw better than Ronda VS Cyborg, especially if Cyborg doesn't get some UFC exposure and fights before taking on Ronda.

Fighting Carano at any weight makes a lot of business sense. By that I mean a lot of money to be made.

Cyborg is not the same draw. I can see why Ronda would be willing to accommodate Gina at any cost. She even admitted this herself, that she'd bend over backwards to fight Gina.

Cyborg's not a draw. She's legitimately badass but I'm guessing if promoted well, Rousey VS Tate 3 will draw better than Ronda VS Cyborg, especially if Cyborg doesn't get some UFC exposure and fights before taking on Ronda.
just admit this reality then - its not news to me but the reality isn't discussed

maybe they should just admit this reality and stop bs'ing

ronda: i cant fight cyborg bc she would beat the sht out of me and im a ufc cash cow
dana: its true, we need to either make her cut weight to a point where ronda has an advantage or we need to just duck the fight
other ufc shills: yes, dana

This problem with this argument is that it applies equally to Cyborg, who refuses to fight Ronda unless she can be reasonably assured of having a weight and strength advantage. Given that contrary to popular opinion, these girls aren't the same size, the entire argument on both sides revolves around who gets the advantage. It is worth noting that the catchweight has already been offered by Rousey and refused.

I am quite interested in this matchup, and I think Rousey takes it via superior grappling, even at 145. However, by no means is it a lock for Rousey even at 135. Cyborg would easily be the most dangerous opponent she has yet faced.

This problem with this argument is that it applies equally to Cyborg, who refuses to fight Ronda unless she can be reasonably assured of having a weight and strength advantage. Given that contrary to popular opinion, these girls aren't the same size, the entire argument on both sides revolves around who gets the advantage. It is worth noting that the catchweight has already been offered by Rousey and refused.

I am quite interested in this matchup, and I think Rousey takes it via superior grappling, even at 145. However, by no means is it a lock for Rousey even at 135. Cyborg would easily be the most dangerous opponent she has yet faced.

im amazed that anyone can respond in any sort of reasonable way - good job on that

i cant agree with your opinion though - cyborg doesnt seem like she could make 135 and fight properly - if that were the case, she would have done it already, in my opinion - if only to make money - maybe she can actually make the weight but she doesnt think it woudl be competitive or the ufc isnt making it worth her while

i see your point though, its not crazy

im amazed that anyone can respond in any sort of reasonable way - good job on that

i cant agree with your opinion though - cyborg doesnt seem like she could make 135 and fight properly - if that were the case, she would have done it already, in my opinion - if only to make money

Yep. The only way Cyborg makes it to 135 is to change her physique, and she is too committed to being bigger and stronger than her opponents to ever do that. I don't think it is wrong to want to be stronger than your opponents within one's weight division generally, but it should preclude calling out fighters in a smaller weight class.

That is the other great problem with the name calling back and forth over this fight: some folks act like these ladies are close in weight and thus this fight is easy to make, but when it comes down to the brass tacks it becomes pretty clear that they aren't.

Yep. The only way Cyborg makes it to 135 is to change her physique, and she is too committed to being bigger and stronger than her opponents to ever do that. I don't think it is wrong to want to be stronger than your opponents within one's weight division generally, but it should preclude calling out fighters in a smaller weight class.

That is the other great problem with the name calling back and forth over this fight: some folks act like these ladies are close in weight and thus this fight is easy to make, but when it comes down to the brass tacks it becomes pretty clear that they aren't.

yea i think its more to the fact that there arent many compelling fights in WMMA - it would do really well and would be interesting as hell

You mean natural.

Someone should tell Marina Shafir to get off the roids. She's the same height as Ronda (shorter than Cyborg) yet fights at 145 because she's too big for 135 according to Ronda and Marina. Why is there this double standard? Why is it OK for Ronda's BFF to fight at 145 but not Cyborg? Ronda says Cyborg can't make 135 because she's on roids. Is Marina also on roids? If Marina stopped juicing she could make 135 and join Ronda in the UFC.

Ronda called out Cyborg back in Strikeforce when both fought at 145. She then dropped to 135 and continued to talk trash about Cyborg to this day. Ronda started the trash talk, not Cyborg.

Why should she drop her muscle? She shouldnt have to weaken her training just to fight someone who is comfortable where she is at.

Actually she should if she wants to fight a smaller fighter. That principle is the very essence of weight classes. If she doesn't want to drop muscle, which is very reasonable, then the corollary principle comes into play: why should Rousey have to move up in weight just to fight someone who is comfortable where she is at?

And Bethe is a draw? Ronda is the only real draw in her division. She will continue being a draw no matter who she fights. The UFC hype machine would have a field day promoting Cyborg. Dana even said Cyborg vs. Rousey would sell 2M PPVs. Obviously he's lying but he wouldn't have said that if Cyborg vs. Rousey wasn't a draw. This is the Floyd. vs. Manny of MMA.

Actually she should if she wants to fight a smaller fighter. That principle is the very essence of weight classes. If she doesn't want to drop muscle, which is very reasonable, then the corollary principle comes into play: why should Rousey have to move up in weight just to fight someone who is comfortable where she is at?

Ronda called out Cyborg back in Strikeforce when they both fought at 145 and Cyborg was champion. She then dropped to 135 and continue to talk trash about Cyborg. And she also demanded that Cyborg drop to 135 while continuing to talk trash about her.

Ronda called out Cyborg back in Strikeforce when both fought at 145. She then dropped to 135 and continued to talk trash about Cyborg to this day. Ronda started the trash talk, not Cyborg.

Wasn't the 145 fight taken off the table when Cyborg was suspended for steroids?

They both have talked an inordinate amount of trash for years now. At this point it is irrelevant who started it, because it is not a beef it's business. Cyborg has a lot of incentive to keep mentioning Rousey to keep herself in the news. As far as last night goes, Rousey did not seem to even mention Cyborg until directly asked about it by the media.

I actually think Ronda is a stronger fighter than Cyborg. Cyborg has muscles and definition but Ronda is all power. It's like the difference between a body builder and someone in the Strongman competition.

I think Rhonda beats her even with the roids. Ultimately though fighters have to make the weight of the title they are after. Making it just a fight with nothing on the line is stupid when they are so close in weight. Not to mention it can't even be called a superfight because Cyborg isn't well known enough.

Ronda called out Cyborg back in Strikeforce when they both fought at 145 and Cyborg was champion. She then dropped to 135 and continue to talk trash about Cyborg. And she also demanded that Cyborg drop to 135 while continuing to talk trash about her.

Oh. So?

You're saying Cyborg shouldn't calling out Ronda because Ronda fights in a lighter weight class. I'm saying that Ronda started the trash talk back in Strikeforce. Cyborg was champion and Ronda wasn't well-known yet. Ronda called her out first and then dropped to 135. While Cyborg was serving her suspension, Ronda continued to talk trash about Cyborg, demanding that she drop to 135.

All I'm saying is that Ronda started the trash talk. It wasn't Cyborg who started talking trash about Ronda.

You're saying Cyborg shouldn't calling out Ronda because Ronda fights in a lighter weight class. I'm saying that Ronda started the trash talk back in Strikeforce. Cyborg was champion and Ronda wasn't well-known yet. Ronda called her out first and then dropped to 135. While Cyborg was serving her suspension, Ronda continued to talk trash about Cyborg, demanding that she drop to 135.

All I'm saying is that Ronda started the trash talk. It wasn't Cyborg who started talking trash about Ronda.

I'm saying I don't care. Even if you are correct, Cyborg is clearly the one keeping the beef alive at this point, and she has been playing that roles for several years now. I don't blame her for doing so. It's a great way to stay relevant as Rousey is enjoying her moment in the sun.

Back