Cyborg: "Stop being a do nothing *****!"

fighters miss weight all the time, and it wouldn't be the first time it happened in a title fight. The fight would go on, just without the title on the line, and Cris would give up a heft chunk of her fight purse.

But exactly how many championship fights have went on with one person missing weight? Aside from GSP's small minor mishap before fighting Nick (the one that was not widely reported and the Montreal Sports Commission squashed outright), none that I can think of.

They do not TRUST Cyborg at all I don't blame them either because she needs to prove she can make weight it is obvious they aren't taking a chance of her missing weight and the fight continuing. I doubt they would let that happen even if she gave up part of her purse. She needs to earn the right to fight Rousey in the UFC's eyes.

It happens in regular fights with no title on the line but usually anything that happens in a title fight is a replacement Interim title on the line. I wonder why that is? Maybe I'm missing it, if anyone can find recent examples of a championship contender missing weight on fight night with the champion and the fight continuing with a loss of purse please leave links because I honestly can't think of any.

I suspect that Rousey's camp will demand very stiff penalties, as in beyond the normal purse deductions.

I wouldn't be surprised if Rousey's management demand 30% of Cyborg's purse for being over weight, and a sliding scale of Cyborg's PPV points if she exceeds weight thresholds. Like 50% of Cyborg's purse and PPV if she's 5 pounds over with an additional 10% for every pound until it reaches 100% of Cyborg's PPV cut if she's 10 pounds over.

That way the fight still goes on, but she has great incentive to make weight.

It's what I would do.

Not a Rotary fan but champs don't chase contenders. If cyborg wanna fight then agree to any and all terms #moneyteamweather

Not a bad question..

After reading the article on the ufc's site, it seems they offered cyborg another fight at 135. Sean Shelby reached out to see her progress and to find out how close she is to a fight at 135. I would take that with a grain of salt considering the source, but dana has always said she has to fight at 135 first.

2pyqpf4.jpg

But exactly how many championship fights have went on with one person missing weight? Aside from GSP's small minor mishap before fighting Nick (the one that was not widely reported and the Montreal Sports Commission squashed outright), none that I can think of.

They do not TRUST Cyborg at all I don't blame them either because she needs to prove she can make weight it is obvious they aren't taking a chance of her missing weight and the fight continuing. I doubt they would let that happen even if she gave up part of her purse. She needs to earn the right to fight Rousey in the UFC's eyes.

It happens in regular fights with no title on the line but usually anything that happens in a title fight is a replacement Interim title on the line. I wonder why that is? Maybe I'm missing it, if anyone can find recent examples of a championship contender missing weight on fight night with the champion and the fight continuing with a loss of purse please leave links because I honestly can't think of any.

Hughes vs. Riggs, Riggs missed weight http://www.sherdog.com/events/UFC-56-Full-Force-3328

Anderson vs Lutter, Lutter missed weight:
http://www.sherdog.com/events/UFC-67-All-or-Nothing-4311

How could anyone be on Cyborg's side? I don't get it.

Hughes vs. Riggs, Riggs missed weight http://www.sherdog.com/events/UFC-56-Full-Force-3328

Anderson vs Lutter, Lutter missed weight:
http://www.sherdog.com/events/UFC-67-All-or-Nothing-4311

Thank you. It does help prove my point somewhat. After those 2 times the last over 8 years ago it is plain it seems that the UFC discourages it in some way and probably protects the events the only way they can. Have Cyborg make weight once to prove she can. No need to even fight, just lose the weight once and prove you can.

make 135. that's my thought.

Until Cyborg tweets a pic of her on a scale that says 135 everything she says is meaningless jibberish.

Make the weight...

....or shut the fuck up

How could anyone be on Cyborg's side? I don't get it.

Because they just want to see the fight and that's all they care about. And they're living in a fantasy world thinking it's something that makes sense for the UFC to do @ 140 or else they just don't care if it's a good risk/reward equation for the UFC which is equally as dumb.

Because they just want to see the fight and that's all they care about. And they're living in a fantasy world thinking it's something that makes sense for the UFC to do @ 140 or else they just don't care if it's a good risk/reward equation for the UFC which is equally as dumb.

This. We just want to see the fight. Only relevant fight in wmma. Stop the drama start the action. And close wmma after this fight.

This. We just want to see the fight. Only relevant fight in wmma. Stop the drama start the action. And close wmma after this fight.

No chance they "close" WMMA after that fight. It is here to stay and nobody forces you to watch and or discuss it.

Same dumb argument. Everyone wanted GSP and Andy to fight at catch weight. Same as AS and JBJ. Why does Ronda get a pass again? Ya big goof.

They were also popular UFC champions in their own right, hence the bartering.

Not only is Cyborg not a UFC champion, but she doesn't come close to Ronda's fame.

Can you imagine if this was any other division, specifically with the men? There would be no discussion about bringing in Bellator's best to challenge the UFC champion at catch-weight. But, since Ronda has A.) Cleaned out the division and B.) Talked alot of shit, some people are willing to ignore these minor details.

Not only is there a risk of losing a popular champion to someone who isn't well know to the masses (a.k.a. $$$), but if Ronda lost at catchweight, then what? Does cyborg go back to Invicta since she can't continually make weight for the largest division? Does Ronda retire immediately, or crush a few more women before hanging it up? Her legacy would be tainted, but there wouldn't really be any benefactors aside from Cyborg having bragging rights in whatever organization she finishes her career in.

Bottomline: If she wants the Ronda fight, she'll make fucking weight--and it shouldn't be that hard to understand why. I know some of you are salivating at the thought of Cyborg pounding Ronda's face in, but you can't let it overshadow common sense.

Back