Cyborg Santos: "Ronda if you are busy in Dec how about April?"

• Thread starter Bulletproof Acc
  • Start date
I can't tell you if she can or can't make 135. The way i see it is that she would have to be a complete moron to not do everything possible to fight Ronda and (win or lose) make the payday of a lifetime.

This is really what it's all about here. Now 145 is out of the question so I don't know why people say that. In my view it will ultimately be at 140 but that and 135 are the only possibilities. With that being said...I do believe that she can get there comfortably within 6-9 months. I feel like someone in her camp needs to be the bad guy and say this

Lol, hey cyborg, what does your calendar look like?

Mon-sun for the next 52 weeks: Talk about Ronda so people will pay attention to me.

Lol tru dat

Also it's certain not to have 'cut to 135' on it - ever.

Cut to 135 have a fight and then beg for a match.

Typically fight fans get sick of watching squash matches in a depleted division and clamor for the champion to move onto bigger challenges, but I guess Ronda fans are content with watching her pulverize Meisha Tate for the rest of her career.

You just gave the best argument for why Cyborg needs to drop to 135.

This is really what it's all about here. Now 145 is out of the question so I don't know why people say that. In my view it will ultimately be at 140 but that and 135 are the only possibilities. With that being said...I do believe that she can get there comfortably within 6-9 months. I feel like someone in her camp needs to be the bad guy and say this

She already got there. All the Ronda haters refuse to answer this question and I have asked it hundreds of times.

If Cyborg needs to drop 10 lbs, how is it impossible for her when she dropped 12-15lbs when she was previously in the UFC?

The answer is she can clearly make 135 and has been ducking it for years. She was not about to die, she was not dehydrated, she was not so weak she couldn't move. She was still lifting weights and training hard, 12-15lbs lighter than she is now.

Hey Cyborg...what are YOU doing between now and then? If it's continuing to overeat and use PED's, then please STFU because you are wasting everybody's time with your bullshit. Make weight, or shut up and keep fighting nobodies in the minors.

Holy shit dude, Piper was staying competitive because it WAS SCRIPTED. Also, Penn and Saku weren't really on winning streaks when they moved up in weight. Especially BJ.

No kidding, really? I think you may have grabbed the wrong end of the stick there...

As for Penn and Saku... TThe point isn't about the streak they were on, it's about the fact they had the nuts to fight bigger opponents just for the sake of being a badass.

Indeed.

Bragging about olympic blood testing when you ''accidentely'' use a ''diet supplement'' which has winstrol in it LOL.

This's hole thing is unintentional comic gold.

"Lets both be clean." - says the girl Who already failed a PED test who has bigger muscles than Lou Ferrigno in the Incredible Hulk

In This Thread so many people who only started watching WMMA when it started in the UFC. So much revisionist history and excuse making lol.

Rousey ran again and again. She cuts a huge amount of weight to get to 135 but won't fight someone her own size.

Rousey was an Olympian take a look at the recent scandal and you'll know all you need too.

Look here's all you need to know. Rousey will fight Cyborg when Cyborg starts looking bad. That's what the UFC are waiting for.

In This Thread so many people who only started watching WMMA when it started in the UFC. So much revisionist history and excuse making lol.

Rousey ran again and again. She cuts a huge amount of weight to get to 135 but won't fight someone her own size.

Rousey was an Olympian take a look at the recent scandal and you'll know all you need too.

Look here's all you need to know. Rousey will fight Cyborg when Cyborg starts looking bad. That's what the UFC are waiting for.
latest

Jesus dude, you shouldn't mention revisionist history with a fucking post like this, jesus man.

You're lucky UL is a far worse poster from Britain.

But you're getting pretty damn close to his crown.

Make weight and accept it isn't happening in Brazil and I could care less about drug testing.

Fuck Cyborg. She couldn't beat Meisha or Cat let alone Ronda.

How about this. Make 135 and beat someone in the UFC top 5, then start asking Ronda to dance.

I always thought Cyborg was a pretty formidable female fighter, but this bantering is getting old. Either put up or shut up. Ronda is the money fight for her, not the other way around. She's the one that is going to have to make the move if she wants it to happen. The reality is that Ronda and the UFC owe her absolutely nothing and unfortunately for her they hold the cards. Sometimes things just aren't fair.

All the talk of Ronda fighting cans is also getting old. Cyborg's competition over the last half a decade hasn't even been on par with it. Stepping out and taking a couple muay thai fights was great, but ultimately it does little for her MMA legacy. Despite what people want to believe, a female fighter testing positive for PEDs also has a much more dramatic impact. Especially given Cyborg's physical appearance. I doubt very seriously that anyone is ever going to forget that, so she's going to have to work extra hard to salvage what is left of her career. Which is obviously biased, but complaining about it will not change it. Insisting this fight happen at the heavier weight just makes that incident all the easier for people to point to.

I'm a fight fan and have enjoyed WMMA as far back as I can remember. I've enjoyed seeing Cyborg dominate other female fighters on many occasions. I aslo accept the fact that they are women and I expect it to be different from the men in execution. I would really like to see the fight occur, but Cris is really no longer holding the cards. This is not the 2010 WMMA landscape and she has to realize that. It's here move and all the tweeting is starting to seem like riding the wave to remain relevant with little effort made to make the fight occur. If she does her part by making weight and even winning a fight and it still does not happen, then maybe we can say that they are truly ducking her. Until that time, it's going to be regarded as just talk.

Here is the historical background

It is pretty obvious that Cyborg is the reason the fight hasn't happened. She has ducked/ran, lied and changed her mind a hundred times about nearly everything you can think of over the last four years to the point that nothing she says or does can be taken seriously.

First, the histry of Ronda going to 135 is outlined in this historical sherdog thread:

http://forums.sherdog.com/forums/92583821-post954.html

Then, what happend next was that Ronda beat Budd and Cyborg got busted for steroids. Ronda still agrees to fight Cyborg at 145 (According to Cyborg and her lawyers) for the FW title. However, with Cyborg unable to get her suspension reduced SF gets rid of the 145 class, effectively cancelling the fight (Cyborg's ruins the fight #1).
http://www.mmamania.com/2012/4/9/29...on-upheld-strikeforce-ronda-rousey-female-mma

Cyborg then says she will fight Ronda at a catchweight of 140 (Aug 13, 2012)
http://www.mmamania.com/2012/8/13/3240734/cris-cyborg-ronda-rousey-fight-catchweight

To which Ronda's manager agrees with VADA drug and hair folicle testing (Aug 19)
http://www.mmamania.com/2012/8/20/3256102/ronda-rousey-drug-testing-cyborg-steroids-strikeforce-mma

To which Cyborg backs out almost instantly saying she "will fight at 145, no less" and that she is the champion (actually she wasn't, she was stripped of the belt), and Cyborg ruins the fight for a second time, and ducks Ronda directly for the first time.
http://usatoday30.usatoday.com/spor...ight-rousey-at-145-pounds----no-less/828222/1

Then the UFC buys SF and picks up Ronda's contract and creates the 135 class. Then, the UFC picks up Cyborg's contract and even offers to let her to go Invicta and make money while she trims down until she can make 135. They even offered to PAY Mike Dolce for her to help her lose the weight.

http://www.bloodyelbow.com/2012/12/...es-services-to-get-cyborg-to-135-ronda-rousey
http://www.bloodyelbow.com/2014/12/...dy-fat-percentage-cain-velasquez-ronda-rousey

Cyborg responds by asking to be released from the UFC. (Cyborg ruins the fight #3, Cyborg ducks Ronda #2)

[YT]ngrOrDcT9Fg[/YT]
[YT]TnrI1l6qvO4[/YT]

Then, the UFC gets cozy with Invicta, puts them on fightpass and makes an agreement that Cyborg will get into the UFC if she makes 135. Cyborg signs a contract to make 135 in Dec 2014, but continues to lift weights on a daily basis and doesn't even try to cut the weight, pulling out of the fight and saying she will continue to fight at 145, but that she will still fight Ronda at 145, effectively ducking the fight again (duck #3) by not agreeing to the terms that will get her the bout agreement

This doesn't even take into account all the times Cyborg says she is going to 135, then she will die if she does, then she will be fine, then dead again ... etc.

Here is Cyborg weighing in at 140

cyborg-weighin.jpg

http://www.mmaontap.com/mma/entry/elitexc-unfinished-business-weigh-in-results

she doesn't exactly look like a concentration camp victim, she is still carrying a ton of muscle mass. She just has to drop five pounds of it and the fight is on. Cyborg is just too psychologically attached/addicted to her muscle mass to let it go. She knows she can keep her name in the headlines by barking at Ronda from a distance, while never having to actually take the fight.

Cyborg has no leverage to dictate the terms. Ronda is going nowhere, she is a stationary target, if Cyborg wants the fight, she knows where she has to go to get it.

The day before her Invicta weigh-in against Tweet, Cyborg said she could "make 140 tomorrow"
http://mmajunkie.com/2015/02/cyborg...ufc-champ-ronda-rousey-at-140-pounds-tomorrow

but since she says she currently walks around at 175
B_DLOiqUQAAQ2Fx.jpg

that means she is saying she can fight at a weight 35 pounds below her walkaround weight, but claimed it was physically impossible, and maybe even fatal, if she tried to cut from her walkaround weight of 160 (see video above) down to 135 back when she asked to be released from the UFC, even though that is only 25 pounds. The only conclusion was that she JUST DIDN'T WANT THE FIGHT, since she could have clearly cut the weight.

So lose five pounds of muscle from where you were before and make the fight. The UFC wasn't willing to make a catchweight fight for Carano ("White made it clear that if such a fight would happen, it would have to occur at 135 pounds."), so they sure aren't going to make one for you.

http://www.mmafighting.com/2014/4/9...y-say-gina-carano-deserves-an-immediate-title

Quit running, or does she only want to fight with a huge weight advantage where she can alter the scale to make weight? Complete lack of class and sportsmanship.

http://www.mmaweekly.com/details-of-the-cyborg-vs-akano-controversy-2

but of course Cyborg won't cut the weight, here you can hear in her own words at 4:40 that she has no desire to fight without having a huge size advantage.

Until she/he makes weight and wins a fight in the UFC at 135 nobody should care what this dude says

Back