Cyborg > Rousey

What red herring? She failed a test. Research shows PED use causes long term gains, even for decades.

http://sciencenordic.com/steroid-effects-can-last-decades

And her history is beating up much smaller competition, part time fighters, and low-ranked opponents. What's displayed in her fights is laughable compared to what Ronda has done and who she has done it to.

I know all about that and I'm not talking about whether her power is inborn in total or unjustly obtained in some measure. It's not part of what I'm talking about; it's a separate issue. I'm talking about their physical capabilities as displayed in their fights and how they compare. End of story. You want to make it about scoring points, so you obviously aren't interested in the original point at all.

And news flash: all of WMMA is pretty shallow. Yes, 135 is significantly deeper than 145, but even 135 fills much of its ranks in the UFC with fighters that are small for the class (could easily make 125) or who jumped up from 125 for a chance at the big show. With as small a 135 lb roster as the UFC has, that they can do that and be competitive, says a lot.

It's no wonder why Rousey avoids a fight with Cyborg. If she tried fighting Cyborg like that she would get laid out in less than 20 seconds. What a pathetic display of bad stand up.

Hilarious analogy. Ronda plays with an unranked undeserving s**t list fighter to humiliate her and you act like Ronda was fighting like she would fight against a high rated contender.

Come back and create a new thread when Cyborg proves she can fight at 135 lbs.

Yay time for me to educate an ignorant loser! :icon_lol:

Cyborg was in the UFC for a short time with Strikeforce merger happened. Even though the UFC has no 145lb women's division, the UFC offered to promote Cyborg as a UFC fighter and find her fights in other organizations until either a) she could could make 135 or b) a catchweight could be agreed upon. However Cyborg instead asked to be immediately released and she got her wish.

You left out that she asked for her release as soon as the UFC told her she has to do a drug test.

I see you're a special type of stupid and need more educating, that is ok I will help you child.

As I said before there were 2 options, either make 135 or wait for a catchweight agreement.

And I'm not making assumptions I'm stating facts. The UFC's #1 plan for Cyborg was to get her fights in Invicta but unlike the other girls she would be promoted and paid by the UFC. So she would be getting way more advertising/promotion and way more money. But instead of fighting in Invicta as a UFC fighter until the Ronda fight could be made she asked to be released...so that she could fight in Invicta as an Invicta fighter and continue to call out Ronda :)

She is currently signed with the UFC and is fighting in Invicta with hopes of making 135 or 140 versus Rousey. Sort of like the sweetheart deal you said she had before. So, though she turned it down before, for whatever reason, she has it now, anyway. I think she would rather the UFC create a 145 lb division around her like they did for Ronda at 135 since she's never made 135 lbs in her life and Rousey previously fought in her division. She may have been wrong in thinking it could happen, but she wanted more leverage to make that happen under the direction of Tito Ortiz. I think you are in over your head on understanding the business side of things. You chalk everything up to emotions like fear and have a clear bias towards Rousey. It colors everything for you.

You don't know that she'd be making more money or even getting much more promotion until she dropped in weight. All you have are assumption.

She is currently signed with the UFC and is fighting in Invicta with hopes of making 135 or 140 versus Rousey. Sort of like the sweetheart deal you said she had before. So, though she turned it down before, for whatever reason, she has it now, anyway. I think she would rather the UFC create a 145 lb division around her like they did for Ronda at 135 since she's never made 135 lbs in her life and Rousey previously fought in her division. She may have been wrong in thinking it could happen, but she wanted more leverage to make that happen under the direction of Tito Ortiz. I think you are in over your head on understanding the business side of things. You chalk everything up to emotions like fear and have a clear bias towards Rousey. It colors everything for you.

You don't know that she'd be making more money or even getting much more promotion until she dropped in weight. All you have are assumption.

You want to criticize me for making assumptions yet here you are doing the exact same

You want to criticize me for being biased yet you clearly are as well

What a hypocrite and a pathetic joke.

Fact is (admitted by Tito himself) that the UFC was going to promote Cyborg as a UFC fighter and get her fights in other organizations until the fight could be made. The #1 option was get her fights in Invicta and work their way to the Ronda superfight. But Tito and Cyborg said that didn't make any sense. So instead they do the exact same thing the UFC offered to do except they ask to be released from the UFC. Now does that make any sense at all?

You want to criticize me for making assumptions yet here you are doing the exact same

You want to criticize me for being biased yet you clearly are as well

What a hypocrite and a pathetic joke

You can't stop throwing out insults to make a cogent point. I'm not a fan of either Rousey or Cyborg. I respect Rousey more of the two of them based on her resume and skills, but I'm not delusion enough to think that Rousey has more native power than Cyborg. The rest is a bunch of red herrings in service of your fanboyism.

As the the conjecture you raised with regards to the contractual positions of someone you don't know and have had no contact with, none of it is remotely solid. And you don't seem to understand the difference between "I think" or "my assumption is" and "I have cold hard, facts." You are the one acting like the latter while I am displaying the former. The only reason I bothered to throw out any conjecture is because you are touting yours as personal knowledge when anyone should know it isn't.

It's no wonder why Rousey avoids a fight with Cyborg. If she tried fighting Cyborg like that she would get laid out in less than 20 seconds. What a pathetic display of bad stand up.

Please tell me who Cyborg has knocked out?? .. I'll wait

Even with her special sauce Cyborg has a long list of TKO's brah. So you were saying? :icon_chee

Oh oh, and lets not forget that it was Cyborg talking about Bethe has heavy hands and will kick Ronda's ass.

You can't stop throwing out insults to make a cogent point. I'm not a fan of either Rousey or Cyborg. I respect Rousey more of the two of them based on her resume and skills, but I'm not delusion enough to think that Rousey has more native power than Cyborg. The rest is a bunch of red herrings in service of your fanboyism.

As the the conjecture you raised with regards to the contractual positions of someone you don't know and have had no contact with, none of it is remotely solid. And you don't seem to understand the difference between "I think" or "my assumption is" and "I have cold hard, facts." You are the one acting like the latter while I am displaying the former. The only reason I bothered to throw out any conjecture is because you are touting yours as personal knowledge when anyone should know it isn't.

I never said anything about Ronda having more power than Cyborg. Now you're so desperate you're blatantly making shit up.

Tito himself admitted the UFC offered to get Cyborg fights in other organizations while still promoting her as a UFC fighter until the Ronda fight could be made. He said the #1 plan proposed to them by UFC was to get Cyborg fights in Invicta but she would be a "UFC fighter". Tito and Cyborg said that made no sense and asked to be released. They then go and do the exact same thing UFC offered them but instead they ask to be released from the UFC. How does that make any fucking sense?

Maybe if they went in a different direction from what the UFC planned you'd have a point, but they did EXACTLY what the UFC offered except they asked to be released.

I never said anything about Ronda having more power than Cyborg. Now you're so desperate you're blatantly making shit up.

Tito himself admitted the UFC offered to get Cyborg fights in other organizations while still promoting her as a UFC fighter until the Ronda fight could be made. He said the #1 plan proposed to them by UFC was to get Cyborg fights in Invicta but she would be a "UFC fighter". Tito and Cyborg said that made no sense and asked to be released. They then go and do the exact same thing UFC offered them but instead they ask to be released from the UFC. How does that make any fucking sense?

Maybe if they went in a different direction from what the UFC planned you'd have a point, but they did EXACTLY what the UFC offered except they asked to be released.

No, you're right, you didn't say that, but it is being said by a lot of people.

They didn't originally do the thing you think they should, and eventually did it... k. And this is relevant how? You don't think they turned that offer down for a business reason which didn't work out, hence them returning to it? (That is, if Tito is even responsible for the turn around... ) Yeah, that makes way less sense than her leaving because she's afraid or whatever it is you want it to be. :rolleyes:

If they had stayed with a different direction (to avoid Ronda), your point at least would make more sense than if they eventually returned to it. If they came back to the deal and are working under it now, what is your problem, exactly? That they tried something different? Obviously, she's game if she accepted it in the end... And Dana is definitely wanting to make that fight at 135. Maybe it was just that you didn't know about that development? If you did, why do you still think you have a point?

Please tell me who Cyborg has knocked out?? .. I'll wait

Even with her special sauce Cyborg has a long list of TKO's brah. So you were saying? :icon_chee

Oh oh, and lets not forget that it was Cyborg talking about Bethe has heavy hands and will kick Ronda's ass.

TKOs aren't meaningless. Especially not the way she gets them.

Cyborg was being generous to her countryman. It was sort of obvious she didn't think she had much of a chance...

Wait...so you bought the PPV?

hahah... Ronda has laid out more people than Cyborg, who has actually not KO'd anybody before. She mostly gets GNP TKOs, but good luck getting Ronda to the ground. Not to mention how weak Cyborg's opponents have been. Cyborg takes four full rounds to stop Marloes (who was stopped by Tate), but somehow Cyborg is going to stop Ronda. Sure. Cyborg fans are the most hilarious !

Conens was smashing Tate before the Sub.

Cyborg beat the fuck out of Conen.

No, you're right, you didn't say that, but it is being said by a lot of people.

They didn't originally do the thing you think they should, and eventually did it... k. And this is relevant how? You don't think they turned that offer down for a business reason which didn't work out, hence them returning to it? (That is, if Tito is even responsible for the turn around... ) Yeah, that makes way less sense than her leaving because she's afraid or whatever it is you want it to be. :rolleyes:

If they had stayed with a different direction (to avoid Ronda), your point at least would make more sense than if they eventually returned to it. If they came back to the deal and are working under it now, what is your problem, exactly? That they tried something different? Obviously, she's game if she accepted it in the end... And Dana is definitely wanting to make that fight at 135. Maybe it was just that you didn't know about that development? If you did, why do you still think you have a point?

I never accused of Cyborg being scared or afraid. My argument has been in response to the people calling Ronda/Dana/UFC scared of making this fight. All I've stated are the facts: Cyborg asked to be released, UFC doesn't have her division, and she is a confirmed multiple time cheater.

To the people saying UFC/Dana are protecting Ronda that is stupid. How many other fighters have had the UFC offer to promote them and get them fights in other organizations? How many other fighters who don't/won't fight in the UFC's weight classes have been signed? The UFC didn't have to try to deal with Cyborg, they could have easily gotten rid of her simply because her weight class doesn't exist in the UFC and she refused to cut to the weight they do have. They wouldn't have offered Cyborg that deal if they were afraid of making the Cyborg-Rousey super fight.

To the people saying Ronda is afraid of Cyborg, that is equally stupid. Ronda is the UFC's champion, why should she move up in weight to fight someone whose weight class doesn't exist in the UFC? Who is also a proven, multiple time cheater (steroids & scale tampering). Someone who claims to be trying but whose actions speak otherwise (her previous fight was supposed to be at a lower weight but she stopped trying to cut and then brags about weighing 175).

Cyborg voluntarily asked to be released by the UFC without even trying. Her and Tito claim the UFC's offer made no sense and that is why they left, but then they go and do exactly what the UFC was going to do for them. Make of it what you will, but regardless it makes no fucking sense.

Ronda has used every excuse in the book as to why she wont fight Cyborg. She's at a "Mayweather" level of avoidance.

I never accused of Cyborg being scared or afraid. My argument has been in response to the people calling Ronda/Dana/UFC scared of making this fight. All I've stated are the facts: Cyborg asked to be released, UFC doesn't have her division, and she is a confirmed multiple time cheater.

To the people saying UFC/Dana are protecting Ronda that is stupid. How many other fighters have had the UFC offer to promote them and get them fights in other organizations? How many other fighters who don't/won't fight in the UFC's weight classes have been signed? The UFC didn't have to try to deal with Cyborg, they could have easily gotten rid of her simply because her weight class doesn't exist in the UFC and she refused to cut to the weight they do have. They wouldn't have offered Cyborg that deal if they were afraid of making the Cyborg-Rousey super fight.

To the people saying Ronda is afraid of Cyborg, that is equally stupid. Ronda is the UFC's champion, why should she move up in weight to fight someone whose weight class doesn't exist in the UFC? Who is also a proven, multiple time cheater (steroids & scale tampering). Someone who claims to be trying but whose actions speak otherwise (her previous fight was supposed to be at a lower weight but she stopped trying to cut and then brags about weighing 175).

Cyborg voluntarily asked to be released by the UFC without even trying. Her and Tito claim the UFC's offer made no sense and that is why they left, but then they go and do exactly what the UFC was going to do for them. Make of it what you will, but regardless it makes no fucking sense.

The reality of the situation is that they fight at different weight classes. Neither can be said to be "running" from the other and neither is to blame for that fact, despite your criticism. Whatever her reasons, Ronda does not want to move up, at this point even a single lb to make it happen. It's likely that on some level she doesn't want to give up the weight to Cyborg. Potentially, at least, she is "worried" by the difference it could make, but, then, we have weight classes for a reason, so it is justified. She wants to retain the home field advantage of fighting out of her own ideal weight class. Cyborg doesn't want to drop down in weight, and similarly wants to fight in a weight class that is favorable to her, but more than that... one that she knows she can make and preform in at all. She's even had trouble and failed in making that weight in the past. Moving down an entire 10 lbs more is significant. And in a situation like that, if either can be said to be avoiding the other, it is Rousey, although, again, it is justified if she thinks the five lbs for a catch weight will play a significant factor in the fight.

You think it makes no sense because you aren't in their shoes and you aren't a part of the business. Regarding what happens behind the scenes or the motivations at play, all you have are assumptions; you are no better than anyone in that respect.

The reality of the situation is that they fight at different weight classes. Neither can be said to be "running" from the other and neither is to blame for that fact, despite your criticism. Whatever her reasons, Ronda does not want to move up, at this point even a single lb to make it happen. It's likely that on some level she doesn't want to give up the weight to Cyborg. Potentially, at least, she is "worried" by the difference it could make, but, then, we have weight classes for a reason, so it is justified. She wants to retain the home field advantage of fighting out of her own ideal weight class. Cyborg doesn't want to drop down in weight, and similarly wants to fight in a weight class that is favorable to her, but more than that... one that she knows she can make and preform in at all. She's even had trouble and failed in making that weight in the past. Moving down an entire 10 lbs more is significant. And in a situation like that, if either can be said to be avoiding the other, it is Rousey, although, again, it is justified if she thinks the five lbs for a catch weight will play a significant factor in the fight.

You think it makes no sense because you aren't in their shoes and you aren't a part of the business. Regarding what happens behind the scenes or the motivations at play, all you have are assumptions; you are no better than anyone in that respect.

You can easily blame Cyborg. She is a cheater and she asked to be released from the UFC. Both fighters came over from Strikeforce. One became champion and the other voluntarily left the biggest MMA organization. One brought life to women's MMA after the other single handily ruined an entire division. Why does Cyborg get a pass on everything? Just because so many desperate losers hate Ronda? It is ok to be a gigantic hypocrite if you hate someone? Pathetic.

Tito and Cyborg claimed they left the UFC because their plan didn't make sense but then they went to Invicta (which was where the UFC planned to get Cyborg fights). If the UFC's plan "didn't make sense" to them then why did they immediately go and do exactly what they planned? You can't tell me having the UFC promote Cyborg wouldn't get her more attention and promotion. I like Invicta and it is a good organization, but do you think many casual fans even know it exists?

You can easily blame Cyborg. She is a cheater and she asked to be released from the UFC. Both fighters came over from Strikeforce. One became champion and the other voluntarily left the biggest MMA organization. One brought life to women's MMA after the other single handily ruined an entire division. Why does Cyborg get a pass on everything? Just because so many desperate losers hate Ronda? It is ok to be a gigantic hypocrite if you hate someone? Pathetic.

Tito and Cyborg claimed they left the UFC because their plan didn't make sense but then they went to Invicta (which was where the UFC planned to get Cyborg fights). If the UFC's plan "didn't make sense" to them then why did they immediately go and do exactly what they planned? You can't tell me having the UFC promote Cyborg wouldn't get her more attention and promotion. I like Invicta and it is a good organization, but do you think many casual fans even know it exists?

Blame her for not being in the right weight class and not tripping over herself to rectify that to your satisfaction? Ok, lol.

Back