Cyborg > Rousey

You don't know much about striking then. It isn't about power in a lot of cases, but accuracy/where the punch lands. Cyborg hurts girls even when she doesn't land flush right behind the back of the ear as it appeared Ronda did to an overwhelmed (and possibly hurt to the body, from what I saw) and retreating Correia. Any one of the strikes Rousey landed earlier in the fight would have put Beche down earlier in the fight if Cyborg landed them. Beche is a small girl. She's got a small frame even for a BW and Cyborg is a massive FW. Cyborg would hurt her with the air off of her punches, almost.

Small frame? Are you sure you're not talking about everyone of Cyborgs recent opponents.

It's no wonder why Rousey avoids a fight with Cyborg. If she tried fighting Cyborg like that she would get laid out in less than 20 seconds. What a pathetic display of bad stand up.

Cyroid's whole record and career are based on PED's, so why even bother with speculation?

You don't know much about striking then. It isn't about power in a lot of cases, but accuracy/where the punch lands. Cyborg hurts girls even when she doesn't land flush right behind the back of the ear as it appeared Ronda did to an overwhelmed (and possibly hurt to the body, from what I saw) and retreating Correia. Any one of the strikes Rousey landed earlier in the fight would have put Beche down earlier in the fight if Cyborg landed them. Beche is a small girl. She's got a small frame even for a BW and Cyborg is a massive FW. Cyborg would hurt her with the air off of her punches, almost.

And yet Yoko Takahashi and Hitomi Akano happened. Cris overwhelms with volume. Her technique is so poor she does not generate the power her fans think she has.
Plus, her org tests with a urinalysis on fight night only. Ronda got tested four times, including a blood test. Cris ducking WADA hard. Body dysmorphic disorder-- insecure to the point of absurd steroid abuse.

Correira is probably as good as the best Cyborg faces outside the UFC. And look at what Ronda did to her.

Oh just stop already.. Cyborg wouldn't have put Bethe down at all. Would have been a competitive decision win for either of them. Cyborg is overrated, she wishes she had a fraction of Rondas power

Cyborg gets in the UFC via Strikeforce merger but asks the UFC to release her and yet idiots like TS claim Ronda is avoiding Cyborg, fucking LOL

Do you not understand that the UFC does not have a 145 lb division? Why do you think you are making a valid point?

Oh just stop already.. Cyborg wouldn't have put Bethe down at all. Would have been a competitive decision win for either of them. Cyborg is overrated, she wishes she had a fraction of Rondas power

I disagree, sir.

And yet Yoko Takahashi and Hitomi Akano happened. Cris overwhelms with volume. Her technique is so poor she does not generate the power her fans think she has.
Plus, her org tests with a urinalysis on fight night only. Ronda got tested four times, including a blood test. Cris ducking WADA hard. Body dysmorphic disorder-- insecure to the point of absurd steroid abuse.

So now you want to bring in a red herring of steroids? Whether they are clean or not, I'm talking about what is displayed in their fights.

No, Cyborg has power. She throws punches into her opponents guard/gloves, hence the volume effect. If they opened up to strike with her like Beche did against Rousey, you'd know they were desperate.

And I take your point about the level of competition as a fair one, 100%, but we are talking about intangibles here, specifically power, not level of competition. Rousey has connected very cleanly with two smaller girls. Find a clean connection from Cyborg on a girl where it didn't hurt her. I see her hurting them when it looked like it was a glancing blow.

Do you think 36 year old Yoko Takahashi would go to a decision with Ronda?

What if you let Ronda come in at 151 lbs against Hitomi Akano, who held the JEWELS 128 lb belt? Would Hitomi see the third round, as she did against Cris?

Remember when Overeem and his PED muscles were crushing all the top 5 hws? No? That's because he was crushing low level guys. When he fought mid-top-10 HWs he got destroyed. Cris is no different. Jan "Cuddles" Finney went to round 2, ate a ton of punches and didn't drop lol.

Ronda haters have absolutely nothing left now

So now you want to bring in a red herring of steroids? Whether they are clean or not, I'm talking about what is displayed in their fights.

What red herring? She failed a test. Research shows PED use causes long term gains, even for decades.

http://sciencenordic.com/steroid-effects-can-last-decades

And her history is beating up much smaller competition, part time fighters, and low-ranked opponents. What's displayed in her fights is laughable compared to what Ronda has done and who she has done it to.

Small frame? Are you sure you're not talking about everyone of Cyborgs recent opponents.

You think Tweet, the girl that stands at 6', fought her previous fight at 155 and in that fight demolished someone else that had major trouble making 145 has a smaller frame than a 5'4" girl with a 64" reach? Or Van Duin, her prior opponent who stands 5'10"? What are you talking about? Cyborg has a smaller frame than them and she dwarfs Beche.

Do you think 36 year old Yoko Takahashi would go to a decision with Ronda?

What if you let Ronda come in at 151 lbs against Hitomi Akano, who held the JEWELS 128 lb belt? Would Hitomi see the third round, as she did against Cris?

Remember when Overeem and his PED muscles were crushing all the top 5 hws? No? That's because he was crushing low level guys. When he fought mid-top-10 HWs he got destroyed. Cris is no different. Jan "Cuddles" Finney went to round 2, ate a ton of punches and didn't drop lol.

You seem to want to talk about them as overall fighters because you are fanboying out. I'm talking about the power aspect. I think Ronda is probably the better overall fighter and would get a submission stoppage over a lot of the girls Cyborg went to decision with. I have no issue with that statement, but it isn't the topic.

And you want to throw "lol" out over Finney making it out of the first round? You don't know what would happen if she fought Correia or if Rousey struck with her. Do you think Beche was some sort of proven great or something with an iron chin? She was a hyped up prospect at best. Ronda was like -1600 against her. I think Cyborg would be at LEAST as favored.

I think one thing you seem to be missing is that Ronda and Cyborg approach things differently. Ronda is a very fast starter and Cyborg will often lay back a little, and savor the fight, giving her opponents a lot of respect. This can draw fights out.

Do you not understand that the UFC does not have a 145 lb division? Why do you think you are making a valid point?

Yay time for me to educate an ignorant loser! :icon_lol:

Cyborg was in the UFC for a short time with Strikeforce merger happened. Even though the UFC has no 145lb women's division, the UFC offered to promote Cyborg as a UFC fighter and find her fights in other organizations until either a) she could could make 135 or b) a catchweight could be agreed upon. However Cyborg instead asked to be immediately released and she got her wish.

It's no wonder why Rousey avoids a fight with Cyborg. If she tried fighting Cyborg like that she would get laid out in less than 20 seconds. What a pathetic display of bad stand up.

Go watch Cyborgs last fight where she is clinched. She would get thrown on her head and submitted

There are Shertards, and then there are "Cyborg fans".

Yay time for me to educate an ignorant loser! :icon_lol:

Cyborg was in the UFC for a short time with Strikeforce merger happened. Even though the UFC has no 145lb women's division, the UFC offered to promote Cyborg as a UFC fighter and find her fights in other organizations until either a) she could could make 135 or b) a catchweight could be agreed upon. However Cyborg instead asked to be immediately released and she got her wish.

So, she had to make 135 before she could actually fight in the UFC. So, the contractual part only covered her promotion and her payment. In either case, she isn't fighting Ronda unless she drops out of HER weight class. So fighting for the UFC under those circumstances or elsewhere is six in one hand, half a dozen in the other. I assume she wanted a release to pursue other options. But all we have are assumptions, and yours are bad.

Yeah no shit Cybirg>rousey, that's why they aren't in the same weight class.
Make weight and don't test positive and she can fight Ronda...

Back