Cyborg on Sports Center

Just read some highlights of it.

Why the hell would she sign on to fight at 135 if she has no intentions of going to 135 at all? Seems she is still going for the hail mary catchweight, which UFC has already said they will not do. She either makes weight or she doesn't get the fight.

How many years will she take to get it through her skull? She could have made the weight two years ago!

ESPN: How will this fight be different? (than the Mayweather/Pac fight)
CC: It will be different. You'll see. Violence.

Violence - It's why I like MMA and why I like Cyborg.

She's had damn near three years to make the weight. Like I said previously, she doesn't care and is completely happy with just using the possibility to keep her relevant. Expect her to spam Ronda's name again whenever they announce her next bum off the streets to fight.

She's being discussed more today than she has ever been and was just on ESPN.
Love or hate her, you're both horribly wrong.

Being discussed alot doesn't equal relevance. In fact the only she is talked about is because of Ronda.

Nothing Ronda has said is not true. I will never be trust she is clean until she does year round random testing.... after that then I am sure she could make 135

what a waste of ESPN time.
she keeps saying the same shit since 1508 BC

Cyborg's more concerned with her image (trying to pretend she's not scared to fight Ronda) than she is with making MILLIONS of dollars and setting herself up for life with financial independence. LOL.

She's more worried about 'image' over 'dollars'.

Talk about dumb.

Ronda's already set up for life and doesn't need Cyborg.

I'm now convinced she never intended to fight Ronda at 135. Can't blame her, she'd get torn apart.

Just saw the feature, it's mostly just highlights of rousey while she stumbled over the English language

Cyborg's more concerned with her image (trying to pretend she's not scared to fight Ronda) than she is with making MILLIONS of dollars and setting herself up for life with financial independence. LOL.

Talk about dumb.

I'm now convinced she never intended to fight Ronda at 135. Can't blame her, she'd get torn apart.

Well look at what she did to herself just to pass herself off as a good fighter. 'Smart' isn't a term that jumps out at me.

The irony is that she destroyed her image and reputation at the same time.

Now she's dependent on the extra muscle to stay relevant and she won't fight without it, costing her the biggest payday of her career win or lose.

Talk about dumb.

I agree 100%. Cyborg could have had this fight several times over but she wants no part of it. To be honest though you have to think Cyborg may not be the brightest bulb in the bunch, she did let Tito manage her for a bit

Being discussed alot doesn't equal relevance. In fact the only she is talked about is because of Ronda.

I agree....but being discussed a lot and being on ESPN equals current news which is what our posts were about.

I wish Bellator would make Budd vs Coenen. When Budd beats Coenen, Ronda will have the better wins at 145lb too.

Once a cheater

What about Vitor Belfort, Royce Gracie, Nate Marquardt, Chael Sonnen, Randy Couture, Tim Sylvia, KIMO LEOPOLDO, STEPHAN BONNAR, PHIL BARONI, SEAN SHERK, HERMES FRANCA, DENNIS HALLMAN, ALEXANDRE NOGUEIRA, ANTONIO SILVA, CHRIS LEBEN, KEN SHAMROCK, THIAGO SILVA, MUHAMMAD

What about Vitor Belfort, Royce Gracie, Nate Marquardt, Chael Sonnen, Randy Couture, Tim Sylvia, KIMO LEOPOLDO, STEPHAN BONNAR, PHIL BARONI, SEAN SHERK, HERMES FRANCA, DENNIS HALLMAN, ALEXANDRE NOGUEIRA, ANTONIO SILVA, CHRIS LEBEN, KEN SHAMROCK, THIAGO SILVA, MUHAMMAD ‘KING MO’ LAWAL, THIAGO TAVARES, Wanderlei Silva, ANDERSON SILVA....?

All caught. Are they always a cheater? JOSH BARNETT was caught TWICE and still fought after that. Many just weren't caught.

Everybody is taking (steroids). The difference is that Anderson (Silva) probably lost control of when the substance would be out of his body. Fighters who don't use (PEDs) can't compete in this sport. There are some exceptional guys, like Frankie Edgar and Chris Weidman. Those two never took anything. Everybody takes (steroids), except them. But they are rare cases.

None of them are demanding title-shots at champs in other organizations from lower divisions and refusing to cut weight in order to make it happen.

If Cyroid cut the weight and won a couple times in the UFC BW divsion while passing required drug tests, she'd fit right in along with the names you mentioned.

Since she refuses to cut weight and ran as soon as hair follicle testing was mentioned, people presume she is still cheating the system.

Cyborg, who has a much bigger frame than Frankie Edgar, said she's willing to fight at 140lbs and to undergo a more stringent drug testing leading to the fight. It's definitely on Ronda now. She doesn't have to fight, but Cyborg put a very reasonable offer on the table.

Back