Cyborg losing patience with the UFC and its sheltered 135 division

Concrete Whale

Banned
Banned
Reaction score

cristiane-cyborg-justino-invicta-fc-11.jpg

Princess Rousey had a division made specially just for her and was awarded a belt out of thin air.

Cyborg, the best WMMA fighter fighting today, on an 11 year, 16 fight win streak (14 finishes), with more belt defences than you or I have had hot dinners, gets the cold shoulder treatment though. Even despite Rousey, Holm and Tate saying they would fight her at 140 then going back on their word like shameful cowards. Full credit to Leslie Smith for taking that fight.

The fans want to see Cyborg in the UFC, they want to see 140 superfights and those events would pack stadiums in Brazil and probably other countries too.

How long can this travesty continue? 145 division for Cyborg! And it's time for the girls who said they'd fight her to stop ducking and put their money where their mouth is.

Wow, what's with the Cyborg attention whoring and acting like she's entitled to something? She's entitled to nothing, she ruined her body using anabolic steroids and now she wants a division where there's zero depth. Her relevance has dropped dramatically since Rousey lost and she knows it.

She weighed in at 139 for her UFC fight.

If she had just cut 4 more pounds, at any point over the last few years, she could have fought Ronda, potentially been the one to beat her & take her belt, and probably would have made a few million either way.

That ship has sailed. Now she just whines in interviews all the time, about everybody.

No one to blame but herself. Horribly mismanaged career.

I'm ready for Cyborg to shut the fuck up already

Zero sympathy. She had her chance to fight Ronda at her peak, when it mattered, now she whines about relevancy. If she would have built her body naturally she'd have no problem making 135.

Moving along....

If she had just cut 4 more pounds, at any point over the last few years, she could have fought Ronda, potentially been the one to beat her & take her belt, and probably would have made a few million either way.

That ship has sailed. Now she just whines in interviews all the time, about everybody.

This is what I keep preaching to people, it's only 4 pounds.

Also (I may be wrong) but I'm pretty sure you're allowed to weigh within 1lb or 0.5lb of the weight? So that would only be 3 or 3.5lbs.

Cyborg is trying to get an advantage as much as these other girls. She fights in a terrible division that nobody wants to see, if she wants relevance then she needs to come down.

Imagine Jose Aldo saying to Dominick Cruz or TJ Dillashaw, come up in weight and fight me, but oh no you're scared!

Total BS.

maybe she legit cant cut anymore weight? at any point over the last few years Ronda wanted to step up to bat to fight Cyborg that could have happened. After Ronda was talking she would fight Carano((I know you know what Cyborg did to her)) and whatever weight then ducked Cyborg still....I hope the UFC does make the division...theres a couple of girls that are slowly but surely being left with no real choice in their career but to fight Cyborg despite clearly not wanting to...Holm and Tate in particular

Holm because of her losses and further and further distance from a TS
Tate because by all apparent reasoning that last weight cut messed her right up

you could have the best managers in the world and make the best decisions possible((not that Cyborg has or does)) but if the major leagues dont want you to play ball....you dont get to play

they could easily build a division around her and showcase her as the warmachine she is, I mean they had people believing that Ronda was a once ever athlete...

Sucks how little respect she gets from the UFC

She's easily the best WMMA fighter on the planet

Also (I may be wrong) but I'm pretty sure you're allowed to weigh within 1lb or 0.5lb of the weight? So that would only be 3 or 3.5lbs.

Not for a title fight. You can't go over the limit.

unless you are GSP in Canada

Cyborg is trying to get an advantage as much as these other girls. She fights in a terrible division that nobody wants to see, if she wants relevance then she needs to come down.

Imagine Jose Aldo saying to Dominick Cruz or TJ Dillashaw, come up in weight and fight me, but oh no you're scared!

Total BS.

135 for the belt you're allowed 136 for non title fights

Cyborg is the Goat and would fuck up any female in the Ufc. The disrespect she is shown is nauseating considering who she is. Most ducked fighter of all time for good reason. I find it funny when I hear people say how weak 145 is..... Well it's hard to get talent when you own a division for years and other females tremble at the thought of fighting you. Most just say fuck that and cut as much as they can to avoid the goat (insert Tate on the floor cutting pic and Ronda fighting at 145 pic). I also find it funny that they blame Cyborg for it. She tries to make the best fights she can and has never ducked anyone. If Cyborg was Hot she would have already had her own division and be a fav here in sherdog.

I just want to see her in the UFC. Don't really care if it's at 135, 140 or 145. Still instead of bitching about it now already for a couple of years she should just make the effort and lose some muscle to get to 135.

well, maybe these girls should stop saying they will fight her at 140. just say you dont want the fight. everytime cyborg trys to fight someone now shes a bully and she has to make 135, even though multiple girls said they would take the catch weight fight

the ufc should pick up 145 though. same as womans 135 ,115 and the mens 125, give it time and the division will pick up. not to long ago people didnt want mens 135 because of the lack of talent, but within a couple years it picked up. same would happen for 145 and with cyborg melting girls shes great for any card.

Shouldn't of let Tito manage ur career for a while tbh

Total BS.
it would be more like if the UFC didnt have a heavyweight division and Fedor was destroying everyone outside the UFC and the UFC wouldnt make the heavyweight division so Fedor could come...and none of the LHW, despite popping up here and there and bragging how they would take the fight at a catchweight, would take the fight

whether you like it or not Cyborg is the best women's fighter out there right now, she is hugely marketable to the brazilian crowd whom the UFC panders to often, they need to make the division or start getting some of these girls whom have already said they would fight her...to fight her and see if they can grow the intrest in a heavier women's division

Cyborg is the Goat and would fuck up any female in the Ufc. The disrespect she is shown is nauseating considering who she is. Most ducked fighter of all time for good reason. I find it funny when I hear people say how weak 145 is..... Well it's hard to get talent when you own a division for years and other females tremble at the thought of fighting you. Most just say fuck that and cut as much as they can to avoid the goat (insert Tate on the floor cutting pic and Ronda fighting at 145 pic). I also find it funny that they blame Cyborg for it. She tries to make the best fights she can and has never ducked anyone. If Cyborg was Hot she would have already had her own division and be a fav here in sherdog.
Yeah, not popping for steroids and telling the media she would die if she cut to 135 would have helped too. Especially considering she cut to 139.

Yeah, not popping for steroids and telling the media she would die if she cut to 135 would have helped too. Especially considering she cut to 139.

these girls need to stop saying they will fight her at 140 then. first it was ronda, then miesha, then holly. well they said her name 3 fuckin times in the mirror and that bitch show'd up. the only girl who took the fight was the only girl to not call her out at all. now mums the word and everyone is acting like cyborg needs to make 135.

they should just pick up 145 though. cyborg is more marketable than miesha, holly, and the mens 125 champ MM. she could carry her division because she wins win great fashion and has some drama. she already has a big following for any fighter not in the ufc, if she was in the ufc then she would be a bigger draw than any 135 champ not named rousey

these girls need to stop saying they will fight her at 140 then. first it was ronda, then miesha, then holly. well they said her name 3 fuckin times in the mirror and that bitch show'd up. the only girl who took the fight was the only girl to not call her out at all. now mums the word and everyone is acting like cyborg needs to make 135.
Ronda never offered 140. Meisha and Holly did then didn't take the fight. A 125er took the fight though, lol. Either make 135 or keep your mouth shut and stay in Invicta.
@UJustGotChaeld where are you?

Back