Cyborg is going to outclass Nunes and secure her spot as a goat

I believe he could have been suspended for 2 years by USADA for refusing to admit guilt or something like that. Also, the panel found him to be negligent but not 'intentionally doping'
They basically said that he's not an intentional cheat, but that his actions were reckless.

This can all be settled with one simple question. Who would you not want to meet in a dark alley?

This can all be settled with one simple question. Who would you not want to meet in a dark alley?

If you mean between Nunes and Cyborg, both seem like decent people. Meeting either of them in a dark alley would be fine, maybe get a chance to talk to them about MMA.

And if you mean in terms of inevitably fighting them upon meeting, depends on which of them is better than weapons. A 100 pound weakling with a gun is more dangerous than any MMA fighter, male or female, unarmed.

I dont expect this fight to be very close. Cyborg is just to good technically and too powerful for the lioness. 2nd rnd ko.

Me. They wouldn't want to meet me in a dark alley.

giphy-9.gif

showthread.php

Cyborg has better technique, more power & more understanding of range. Nunes has advantage in speed, but it won't help her because Cyborg does everything else better. Boxing 3 division World Champion Holly Holm got 5-0 outclassed by Cyborg & her face was at terrible condition after fight. Nunes won't do fookin nothing.
Not sure if she's going to ourclass her so much as out-man her.

Agreed - crush nunes, crush the mediocre megan anderson, retire GOAT.

GOAT of fighting career bantamweight say featherweight? Not much of an accomplishment

If you mean between Nunes and Cyborg, both seem like decent people. Meeting either of them in a dark alley would be fine, maybe get a chance to talk to them about MMA.

And if you mean in terms of inevitably fighting them upon meeting, depends on which of them is better than weapons. A 100 pound weakling with a gun is more dangerous than any MMA fighter, male or female, unarmed.

Given that either one of them could easily kick the living shit out of 96/97% of everyone on here. Let's say Sherdog is walking down a dark alley and one of them is coming at you, who would you be more scared of?
Personally I'd be more scared of Cyborg because eh, with Nunez, it's possible that she'd let you live with a few fractures; With Cyborg the best you could hope for is maybe you get to be a paraplegic.

Given that either one of them could easily kick the living shit out of 96/97% of everyone on here. Let's say Sherdog is walking down a dark alley and one of them is coming at you, who would you be more scared of?
Personally I'd be more scared of Cyborg because eh, with Nunez, it's possible that she'd let you live with a few fractures; With Cyborg the best you could hope for is maybe you get to be a paraplegic.

Neither, because both are decent people. As you say, either could easily beat most Sherdog posters. But neither is likely to want to do so. In fact, I suspect most Sherdoggers would be relieved when they realized it was a well known fighter coming down the dark alley towards them, someone with a lot to lose by attacking some stranger in a dark alley, rather than some criminal looking to rob them.

Maybe a better question would be that if you were being attacked by a couple of criminals in a back alley, would you rather have Cyborg or Nunes there to help you ...

Cyborg @ -300 easy money. Nunes has no chance, Holly had almost zero chance (could try to back foot ish-ish and get a robbery). Nunes has no ish-ish so she is going to get stopped.

I don't see nunes making it to the end, I think she gets ko'd

She is the absolute GOAT. There will bever be another female fighter like her. Definition of GOAT.

Neither, because both are decent people. As you say, either could easily beat most Sherdog posters. But neither is likely to want to do so. In fact, I suspect most Sherdoggers would be relieved when they realized it was a well known fighter coming down the dark alley towards them, someone with a lot to lose by attacking some stranger in a dark alley, rather than some criminal looking to rob them.

Maybe a better question would be that if you were being attacked by a couple of criminals in a back alley, would you rather have Cyborg or Nunes there to help you ...

Jesus Christ relax. It was just a dumb hypothetical question. Nobody reading it would actually think Cyborg or Nunez are roaming dark alleys looking to beat the shit of Sherdoggers

???
I ve seen two ladies doing same 1-2 combos for 5 rounds, maybe we've seen different fights.
Same combos with small adjustments in timing can be high level. Boxing is the best example of a striking sport where you often see a lot of the same combos thrown over and over again, but its really not the same if you really pay attention to the details. Holly and almost every other female mma fighter is bad at making minuet changes to their combos, they rather change up their whole combo in terms of what spesific strikes they consist of rather than adjust timing, rythm and power dynamics.
I was never impressed by Cyborg before she put on the preformance against Holly because she just then started to become sophisticated as a martial artist imo.

Same combos with small adjustments in timing can be high level. Boxing is the best example of a striking sport where you often see a lot of the same combos thrown over and over again, but its really not the same if you really pay attention to the details. Holly and almost every other female mma fighter is bad at making minuet changes to their combos, they rather change up their whole combo in terms of what spesific strikes they consist of rather than adjust timing, rythm and power dynamics.
I was never impressed by Cyborg before she put on the preformance against Holly because she just then started to become sophisticated as a martial artist imo.
Holly is counterstriker. She lost some fights when she was trying to lead them (Shevchenko, Cyborg), Cyborg was counterstriking typical counterstriker. That's just my opinion. Why Holly was trying to lead? Winning scorecards? She almost done it, because they scored it 48-47 for Cris (Holm possibly was gameplanning with Nevada's scoring critieria in mind imo) Cyborg just need better competition and, at least Nunes will probably test her groundgame, she is legit fighter and some danger. I'm seriously curious how good is Cyborg, but ladies like Kunitskaya won't answer this question (plus she is another 135 lbser) she was just waste of time for her sportwise (but easy money). Cyborg/Holly was nice fight, but just it. Cyborg need better competition, one or two fights to say how good she is not enough.
Nunes can be her best win, but still Nunes lost to girls like Cat or Davis, so resumewise still it won't be that impressive (but it will help beating two girls who won vs Ronda, but again Ronda...:))

Jesus Christ relax. It was just a dumb hypothetical question. Nobody reading it would actually think Cyborg or Nunez are roaming dark alleys looking to beat the shit of Sherdoggers

I gave a hypothetical answer to a hypothetical question. I'm pretty relaxed about it, and I assume you are as well - this is the Internet, no one takes it seriously.

I gave a hypothetical answer to a hypothetical question. I'm pretty relaxed about it, and I assume you are as well - this is the Internet, no one takes it seriously.
Not me. I'm very uptight about this. Meeting Cyborg in a dark alley before she's been fed is my greatest fear in life.

Back