Cyborg is going to outclass Nunes and secure her spot as a goat

Dankoz

Purple Belt
@purple
Reaction score
Cyborg has better technique, more power & more understanding of range. Nunes has advantage in speed, but it won't help her because Cyborg does everything else better. Boxing 3 division World Champion Holly Holm got 5-0 outclassed by Cyborg & her face was at terrible condition after fight. Nunes won't do fookin nothing.

I don't disagree, but I think we need to stop referring to Holly Holm as a boxer.

She actually fights more like Wonderboy or Machida. Super long front kicks and oblique kicks to keep her distance, then blitzes in with her punches like those fighters do. I've never seen Holm stand in the pocket throwing hooks and uppercuts or using head movement to slip punches.

Just a side rant. I think Cyborg has better boxing than Nunes and will be the difference in this fight. But Amanda can throw too not counting her all the way out.

Nunes has a hole from the Zingano fight. Nobody has ever done that to Cyborg. Nunes has come a long way since... But she arguably lost to Schevchenko twice. Valentina is one of the best though

I think Nunes is going to win (if the fight happens).

Jarl

Can't be GOAT if you roided to get where you are.

Jones, Anderson & Cyborg are out of GOAT discussions.

She's by far the best female fighter but there will always be an asterisk*, because it was never an even playing field due to her roiding in Brazil for years gaining ridiculous muscle.

Cyborg has better technique, more power & more understanding of range. Nunes has advantage in speed, but it won't help her because Cyborg does everything else better. Boxing 3 division World Champion Holly Holm got 5-0 outclassed by Cyborg & her face was at terrible condition after fight. Nunes won't do fookin nothing.

or nunes will send cris bellator.

there a reason why cris tried so hard to find another can to fight in stread.

cris win vs holly was just another cake walk fight like all the others in her career.

at least I give cris credit for once she risking her record vs someone who can and will beat her.

She's by far the best female fighter but there will always be an asterisk*, because it was never an even playing field due to her roiding in Brazil for years gaining ridiculous muscle.

Do you honestly believe that rest of roster doesn't use?

at least I give cris credit for once she risking her record vs someone who can and will beat her.

Lol Nunes barely beat way smaller Shevchenko. She won't have any chance against monster like Cyborg.

Nope.

Women have to take PEDs, because no one takes women's sport seriously.

When you don't fail you get the benefit of the doubt.

Well that's more than true. I don't really know maybe they use, maybe not. That been said it's professional sport and doing PED's should be completely OK.

Cyborg is stiff and slow. She is a sitting duck for the right opponent. Nunes will win by KO.

cyborg_goat_2_0_by_jeshh-da1l8qr.png

Google imaged “cyborg goat”

Well that's more than true. I don't really know maybe they use, maybe not. That been said it's professional sport and doing PED's should be completely OK.
Agreed but until they do doing PEDs is an unfair advantage. I don't look at fighters the same after being busted and I question their whole career because they lost that benefit of doubt.

Nunes is tough but I think she lost her last fight against Valentina. Cyborg will wash her in terms of technique. Cyborg's advantage isn't just pure size/power; she can be quite technical when she wants to be.

Nunes has a hole from the Zingano fight. Nobody has ever done that to Cyborg. Nunes has come a long way since... But she arguably lost to Schevchenko twice. Valentina is one of the best though
ROFL.

Has cyborg ever fought anyone from her own weightclass? Honest question.

Nunes is a live dog in this fight I might put some cash on her

Cyborg was getting clipped an awful lot against Holly but Nunes has legit KO power

Don't forget though, Nunes called her out. She has the confidence. Maybe she thinks she found a hole in Cyborg's game? Not to many people call her out. No one actually. In my opinion she already has what everyone else lacked. The ability to believe you can beat Chris Cyborg. That is HUGE!

I think she can do it. I think she knows something we don't. Amanda was trained by some of Cyborgs old Shootbox coaches. The Brazil circuit of professional trainers and gyms is rather closed knit. There is a reason they all despise fighting one another and will choose any foreigner rather then their neighboring brethren at all costs. That reason is they all know each others weaknesses and strengths. There is no escaping it. For all we know, Amanda Nunes did not grow up idolizing Cyborg. Maybe she grew up hating her and based her entire training regimen on being Cyborgs kryptonite. For to beat Cyborg would make any Brazilian Woman the Nation's GOAT. Queen of Brazil! Superstar status and keys to the country. Clean and drug free to boot. Would be the best thing ever for their nation.

Huge fight. Lots on the line. I am rooting for The Lioness. She is a tough cookie. Gotta be to call out that walking lab experiment.

Back