Cyborg calls out Shayna Baszler for her post fight comments

Maybe Cyborg figures that the way to Ronda (without cutting to 135 lbs) is through the other horsewomen (taking inspiration from Bethe). I expect that Cyborg was very disappointed that Marina Shafir (the only 145 lb horsewoman) has done so poorly that she can't justify calling her out. That would be easy to make happen at Invicta FC if Shafir was doing better in her fights. As is, I don't think Kedzie and Knapp would allow it.

But it isn't like any of the other horsewomen have done well enough to justify a challenge for a catchweight fight either. Challenging Baszler? Really? I think the horsewomen route to Ronda is not open to Cyborg.

If Cyborg wrecks some of the horsey women, will Ronda Rowdy finally agree to fight her? That was the reason she wanted Bethe right, not because she was an easy win.

But it isn't like any of the other horsewomen have done well enough to justify a challenge for a catchweight fight either. Challenging Baszler? Really? I think the horsewomen route to Ronda is not open to Cyborg.

This. It's all relative.

If you're a challenger like Correia then calling out Rousey through Baszler/Duke is unusual but not weird.

If you're a "champion" then you should stick to calling out the other champion directly.

It just smacks a bit too much of desperation.

Hilarity ensued and everyone on all sides laughed. "Sing it again! Good old Fritz!"

Wasn't Invicata setting up a fight between Shafir/Cyborg but that bum couldn't even beat that girl she got knocked out by?

Both need to shut their yaps. Baszler is speaking vicariously through Ronda's victory to a fighter that whooped her ass. Cyborg is trying her hardest to stay relevant by calling out a fighter that is speaking vicariously through Ronda's victory that's not even mentioning her at all. Two sad females.

Hope Bazsler answers, this could get hilarious.

You'll fight anyone except Ronda, right, Cryborg? No one cares about Baszler; put your money where your mouth is, lose 5 fucking pounds, and get to 135.

Seriously wow, how do you Cyborg fanboys like the supposed baddest woman on the planet calling out a 135 who has lost how many in a row?

disgusting she has no morals or honour at all.

Cyborg calling out a bloated 25er how courageous. That's the champions spirit we have come to expect from her. She must be out of soccer moms at FW. Maybe she can miss weight and manipulate a scale while she is at it.

I thought Christopher Cyborg was supposed to fight at 135 before getting the title shot with Ronda?

Baszler was obviously tweeting about Bethe. Cyborg is trying soooo hard to stay relevant.

How is Baszler any different with her tweet? This fight makes sense tbh. Great way to stoke the Ronda fire.

I'm willing to bet Jack Daniels is the one who wrote Baszler's tweet and she regretted it on Sunday.

2 vs 1 i still think cyborg smokes duke and basler

Cyborg playing it smart.
Going after Ronda's horsies got Bethe a fight

baszler would get her ass handed to cyborg in seconds lol.
one thing i do like about this though, its sweet that she's trying to get under ronda's skin indirectly.

Baszler was obviously tweeting about Bethe. Cyborg is trying soooo hard to stay relevant.

Baszler should stop up cuz she got her ass beat the fuck up

Cyborg playing it smart.
Going after Ronda's horsies got Bethe a fight

Which is funny all she needs to do is make 35 and the fight and a couple of million dollars are hers.

Back