Cyborg Abreu vs Rolles Gracie jr At the UFC Fan Expo

Damn Rolles got really close with those leg locks. Thanks for posting.

I can't believe he didn't tap to that kneebar. Great match, just when it looked like Cyborg was going to run away with it, Rolles comes roaring back.

awesome match... I disagree with Eddie's idea that you should get 6 points for "cinched sub attempts" - You either get the sub or you don't. What's next points for almost passing guard?

hahahaha "Cyborg is out of control" haha

Rolls got a toe in the eye when Cyborg escaped the kneebar, then just gave up the guard pass. Almost had him.

Thoughts:

Eddie is funny as fuck! I like when he commentates.

Badass match. These Boston Fan Expo matches are all good so far. I wanna see Gregor vs. Pablo!

Great match..both guys had some close submissions.

Then at 5:38 watch the table to see Eddie give the other guy a pound. They're both laughing about the fleshlight mistake.

Eddie is funny as fuck! I like when he commentates.

He has his moments, but not knowing who Lucas Lepri is, and referring to Penny Thomas as Penny Marshall twice ... his commentary at this event just didn't seem very professional to me. Besides, you could hear that he was stoned.

Rolls got a toe in the eye when Cyborg escaped the kneebar, then just gave up the guard pass. Almost had him.

They should of stopped it a second so Rolles could clear his eyes. It was obvious that he gave up the pass because he was poked in the eye.

Cyborg looked like he was in a lot of pain when he was caught with the knee bar. It seems that leg locks aren't his friend. He got submitted twice by Cavaca due to ankle locks from the 50/50.

WTF were they talking about with the 6 points for a submission attempt? Since when is that anything more than an advantage?

WTF were they talking about with the 6 points for a submission attempt? Since when is that anything more than an advantage?

Eddie was saying in a few of the matches that he would prefer the rules to have 6 points for a near submission. After Penny beat Tracey he said that he had the match going 12-2 for Tracey because of the two close submissions. He was just tallying his own rules in his head lol.

He has his moments, but not knowing who Lucas Lepri is, and referring to Penny Thomas as Penny Marshall twice ... his commentary at this event just didn't seem very professional to me. Besides, you could hear that he was stoned.

Oh yea. He was super baked.

Watching Pablo roll is like watching grass grow. He's got a Jeff Monson style, get some quick takedown points then don't take any risks at all for the remaining 9 minutes. I want to see people play and transition, not see grapplers just move enough to not be called for stalling.

He's obviously a great grappler, its just frustrating when the whole match is this boring and transition-free.

Back