Locked Cyberpunk 2077 **Delayed**(Release: December 10th, 2020)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok man whatever. Every time I interact with you in any forum you read half of my posts and somehow get confused over goddamn simple and concise statements. So, yeah. Whatever.

Dude, you complain about FPS games and then bring up 3 games that arent FPS games. How else am I supposed to read that?

Ok man whatever. Every time I interact with you in any forum you read half of my posts and somehow get confused over goddamn simple and concise statements. So, yeah. Whatever.
He's right, though. You complained about FPS games, and then your examples were all third-person games. E.g, fallout (it's a shooter/RPG-lite that can be played in first person OR third person), XCOM: The Bureau (third-person squad-shooter with major rpg elements - and it was actually perfectly fine), and plants v zombies: garden warfare, which, apparently, is also a third person shooter. And a knockoff of a casual tower-defense game released for mobile, so idk where your "dumbed down" complaint even ties in.

But still, technically and morally it was a crushing victory for the Spoony One
Winning at a Vampire:The Masquerade LARP means you are losing at life.

<seedat>

Not gameplay, but a benchmark test for the game engine. SHows the city at night during the rain. Very Blade Runner esque.

View of the city itself.

EDIT: Apparently the lower vid is a view of the city from V's apartment.

Last edited:
Reddit AMA with someone who saw the demo (verified).

The combat feels almost like dishonored with some very, very light titanfall mechanics. The dev is constantly sliding around into cover and running on walls. The gunplay feels like a mixture of games, and I really like that. The main pistol almost feels like some borderlands gun (or maybe just because I saw all the numbers pouring out when he used it) but there were a variety of weapon like the tech modified double barrel shotgun that packed such a huge punch it gave me doom vibes. I would say the gunplay is very smooth and satisfying. I’ve always been scared the game might play like Deus Ex, kinda janky and emphasis towards stealth. But this games seemed very fast paced. ALSO! You can shoot through walls and one guy on the other side of the wall had this massive machine gun and started firing through the wall at you. Pieces of debris where flying, and then v jumps out the window to flank him, only for your partner Jackie (big guy with man-bun in the trailers) to straight up run through the wall and tackles the dude!

ex_animo_

159 points·1 day ago

Was there loading screens in-game?

EmoWhale

476 points·1 day ago
Nope. It absolutely blew my mind. V takes an elevator from an apartment down to the city, and you can view the city through the elevator as you slowly reach the ground floor.

Shade_97

78 points·1 day ago

How is the stealth in this game? I assume there will be invisibility as an augment.

EmoWhale

167 points·1 day ago
I haven’t seen invisibility yet but stealth seems similar to dishonored. Lots of verticals movement, fast takedowns. It looked very cool and game me some Ghost in the Shell vibes.

Try4Ce

18 points·1 day ago
Ive read quite a bit about sliding into cover and all that. But that doesnt mean that there is actually some kind of cover system involved, right?

Can the player trigger slow motion anytime? I know its a skill but is slow motion connected to other specified skills only as well?

What about the Apartment? Was there anything mentioned or shown that the Apartment might be customizable? Or can you choose other Apartments in the future as other parts of the city open up?

Can you also modify Roachster? Like tune it or customize it? Was there Info if Roachster is the only obtainable car?

EmoWhale

65 points·1 day ago
Cover kinda works live the far cry peeking system.

There is reflex and a “jet-like” inhaler that you can use to slow time. You can see bullet trails and stuff while in slow mo.

The apartment looks very cool, but no word on customizing apartment. The apartment for V is similar to the apartment we see in the trailer with the kid playing with the toy gun. There’s a great view and you can even open and close the blinds.

You can drive multiple cars and bikes. The car you drive in the demo is actually your partners and not yours.

No posts in this thread by anyone other than me today.

Game is dying.

R.I.P CDPR.

sliding around into cover and running on walls...feels like some borderlands...it gave me doom vibes...I’ve always been scared the game might play like Deus Ex

596.gif

For those who are interested, YongYea has two videos posted about his experience and impressions watching the Cyberpunk 2077 E3 gameplay video.

Total runtime - 3 hours, combining both.

Information overload.

For those who are interested, YongYea has two videos posted about his experience and impressions watching the Cyberpunk 2077 E3 gameplay video.

Total runtime - 3 hours, combining both.

Information overload.
Here's the video

But dammit, I need to see this demo already.

Yong is like one of the couple of youtubers I watch. He really tided me with a bunch of videos for MGSV, Ive never been hyped for a game as much as that one tbh. I dont like his new style. Its much easier to create for him and he can pump them out, but its not as interesting.

Edit: Watched a few vids reactions after the demo, some of these guys look like they had a spiritual awakening or something. Yong was teary eyed.
They were saying it blew everything else away. With TLOU 2 being my game of the show, Im now even more interested in Cyberpunk.
If they could even release anything as good as what Im hearing, it probably sweeps GOTY awards, the year its released.

Last edited:
Here's the video

But dammit, I need to see this demo already.

good man this guy. i only started watching his video today. From what ive heard so far, lol@ bioware. They should stop trying

good man this guy. i only started watching his video today. From what ive heard so far, lol@ bioware. They should stop trying
Yeah, they fell off hard.

every game so far has not compared to W3 or has fallin off hard. I expect anthem to get blitzed by CDPR.
I expect Anthem to be a shitty coop game, that is enough, lol.
Also cant wait for Cyberpunk, good reason to upgrade PC when it comes out, last time I did that for Witcher 3.

I expect Anthem to be a shitty coop game, that is enough, lol.
Also cant wait for Cyberpunk, good reason to upgrade PC when it comes out, last time I did that for Witcher 3.

i imagine a good 50% of the discord will be day 1 buying the damn game. To be fair, anthem looks pretty cool, but i have zero trust and faith in SJWware

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back