Crime Cybergang behind Lady Gaga hack says they have the dirt on Pres. Trump

I wouldn't be surprised if this galvanizes the public ala 9-11. Sure, there are people who won't mind the dirt and would love to see him lose in November, but even those people are going to want these pukes rounded up.

Say Trump does lose the election; the next guy is still going to be expected to wield every asset we've got towards putting these dopes in a deep, dark hole (whether that be prison or something macabre).

Why do you think this when the Russians hacked the DNC and nothing was done to bring the perpetrators to justice or prevent it from happening again. Before you but Hilary, I am using it as an example.

Why do you think this when the Russians hacked the DNC and nothing was done to bring the perpetrators to justice or prevent it from happening again. Before you but Hilary, I am using it as an example.
A foreign power versus a rogue group of actors. There are levels of commitment inherent to taking Russia to task that aren't present here.

Also, going after Russia for its interference requires that Trump set aside his ego over the election.

A foreign power versus a rogue group of actors. There are levels of commitment inherent to taking Russia to task that aren't present here.

Also, going after Russia for its interference requires that Trump set aside his ego over the election.
But this hacker group is Russian.

Trump also urged them to release as much information as they could find. He actually encouraged it. No one will care if information about trump gets dumped because he wanted the same thing done to Clinton.

But this hacker group is Russian.
Are they? Even if they are it's routine to treat individuals differently based on whether or not they officially represent a government. Undeclared intelligence officers don't have diplomatic status, for example.

The situations aren't similar.

Yeah, good luck on openly trying to blackmail the President of the US. That should work out well.

I would have a laugh if u.s. intelligence was working to get Trump to not run. He
is a real threat to national security.

News article I read says the gang is from Russia and unless Putin wants to do something about it, we can't do anything. Russia does not have an extradition treaty with the US.

The US, for all its fault, is matchless in terms of power projection.

The US, for all its fault, is matchless in terms of power projection.

It is but this is Russia we are talking about. We can't go into Russia or threaten them to hand over the suspects or stop them , unless Putin sees some benefit in doing so. We couldn't do anything when they sent out their hit squads to the UK to poison dissidents with radioactive material.

If it's something I think people should know about him when making their decision, I won't be upset about finding out. I wasn't upset about finding out things I thought the American people should know the Dems were doing in 16.' Sure, I'm amazed how many people forgot about it and didn't care, but that's a different story.

It is but this is Russia we are talking about. We can't go into Russia or threaten them to hand over the suspects or stop them , unless Putin sees some benefit in doing so. We couldn't do anything when they sent out their hit squads to the UK to poison dissidents with radioactive material.

Putin would never do that, he won't even give Snowden back. The kremlin, the oligarchs, and russian organized crime are basically an unholy trident of asymmetrical warfare and cyber crime, they are deeply connected. In general professional criminals have been an important component of Russian society since the days of the tsars. They are really entrenched.

Interpol will try and scoop them up if/when they leave Russia. If they ever find out who they are that is. Which is unlikely.

giphy.gif

Putin would never do that, he won't even give Snowden back. The kremlin, the oligarchs, and russian organized crime are basically an unholy trident of asymmetrical warfare and cyber crime, they are deeply connected. In general professional criminals have been an important component of Russian society since the days of the tsars. They are really entrenched.

Interpol will try and scoop them up if/when they leave Russia. If they ever find out who they are that is. Which is unlikely.
At most he will stop them and put a show trial, to satisfy Trump. I would not be surprised if this gang was connected to the Russian security establishment but not officially acknowledged so the Russian government can maintain plausible denialability.

Cybergang behind Lady Gaga data dump leaks hacked law firm's emails and contracts mentioning President Trump, says it is posting 'most harmless information' first

• The cybergang behind this week's Lady Gaga data dump have posted a new ransom note and more stolen documents from a hacked law firm on their site on the dark web.
    • The hackers on Thursday dumped thousands of Lady Gaga's legal documents, demanding a $42 million ransom from her law firm, which was hacked.
    • They said President Donald Trump would be their next target and that his "dirty laundry" could hurt him in this year's election.
    • The law firm denied any connection to Trump, and has refused to pay the ransom, according to a statement.
    • A sampling of the documents reviewed by Business Insider were legal emails, contracts, and documents mentioning the president
    • The hackers say they released "the first part, with the most harmless information," and more data dumps are to come. An expert said it's impossible to know what else they have.

https://www.businessinsider.com/ransomware-trump-lady-gaga-hack-leaks-files-presidents-2020-5

I think anyone doing this DESERVES to be prosecuted to the fullest extent of the law.

Do they have the goods? Will they get paid? Are they just bluffing?!?
My money is on a bluff. There is little that could hurt Trump in this upcoming election. Biden is basically the President of MANBLA (spelling), and it can't get much worse than that.

I always forget the name of the actor whose character takes the blame before they release Verbal, even though I love him in Miller's Crossing. I blame Spacey and the script for associating him with a character who is so powerfully besmirched.
Gabriel Bryne

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kilgorevontrouty
Back