Cutting Weight

Im too cheap to go out and buy a plastic outfit. I personally had to weigh less than 158 on Sat. I was running about 165 - 168 range depending on the tiem of day. Starting on monday All I ate was raw vegetables and meat. No grains no fruit no sugars, and no soda (that was hte hardest for me.) I spupplemented my diet with a multi vitamins and my normal glucosim chondroiten stuff.

After the gym thrusday all I drank was the water I needed to down my vitamins. Friday at work I wore a lead vest all day (normally to protect people at the hospital form Xrays.) after work i went to the gym with a big plasitc bag full of sweats and rash guards. I wore rash guard, t shirt plastic bag and then a sweat shirt. I did 3 sets of bicycle stretch in the sauna routines. of 20 mins each. and showered afterwords. Between each routine I changed clothes and re weighed my self. I also chewed sugar free gum and spit in a cup. In less than a 2 hour period I was own to 156. (so 163 - 156 in 2 hours.) and that included a shower.

The biggest key I think is what my old BJJ teacher always said. The week of the fight never do anything new or different. I normally sweat in a sauna 20 mins each day to stretch before I work out and go to BJJ. I do a little of dehydrating all through out the month so my body is use to it. Fasting is a good way to clean your system out not just before a fight. And stretching is a good way to pass time when you are in the sauna boiling.

The hardest thing I have ever done in MMA was to sweat weight. It hurts more than a shot to the head or a kick to the shin. The people who win MMA fights are the ones who win it by training harder before the fight. Like the guy earlier said .. keep a buddy with you, if you have negative self talk lke I do you realy need someone motivating you to keep your ass in the sauna so you dont go stir crazy.

good luck.

Congrats to CREATION on winning BOTH of his fights since he originally posted this.

thanks, reading this advice has helped me a little. Keep it up.

albolene in the sauna if you dry out but you probably wont need it for only 7

My buddy dropped 4 pounds in 4 hours of off and on sauna/steam room time. It was miserable for me and worse for him. The next day he was 1.5 over with 2 hours to make weight but with a sauna suit in the sauna he dropped 3 pounds in an hour. Tip... If your the buddy don't talk too much and try not to annoye your friend too much :()

use chewing tabacco to draw your spit out, it works better than anything else for that. if you keep some chew in your mouth through friday and saturday without drinking i could see you losing a few pounds right there. maybe all 7 pounds

I wouldn't recommend this.

albolene in the sauna if you dry out but you probably wont need it for only 7

Albolene works great for cutting. Especially if you apply it then load up on t-shirts and a sweatshirt and then a sauna suit. I cut off 6 lbs. in 1.5 hrs. jumping rope and light sparring footwork.

Back