Cutting weight 7lbs in 3 weeks?

adnatal

Green Belt
@Green
Reaction score
Ok so in 3 weeks I've got an amateur kickboxing fight and I need to lose 7lbs to be at fight weight. I've never had to cut weight before so I was wondering if anyone could give me a few basic tips on how to lose the lbs.

I'm 6'5 and 217 lbs so I'd imagine this is not too much weight to lose in this amount of time? However I'm fairly lean and eat pretty healthily so I don't think diet alone is working. Any help would be appreciated.

I don't know how kickboxing weigh ins work, is it the day before or day of?

lol I lose 3-4 pounds just overnight. 7 pounds in 3 weeks? Just limit your carbs and literally that should do the trick.

Short time period, but at your weight it should be no problem. There is a great weight cutting thread in the FAQ section.

Day before or day of weigh in? Completely changes the answer

Short time period, but at your weight it should be no problem. There is a great weight cutting thread in the FAQ section.

I should've noticed that; very useful, thanks.

2 lbs in each of the 3 weeks of actual body fat with a 1-2 lb water cut right before should be an extremely easy goal that is not taxing at your weight. Obviously you don't want to do a huge water cut because you won't have the 24 hours to rehydrate.
Know your calories, eat clean, watch your sodium, keep your water intake up until a few days before weigh in.
If you get in trouble you are probably safe to drop a few lbs via water ... but you'll definitely be better off not being dehydrated.

Back