Cutting Elias Theodorou Was Justified with James Lynch - A Few Good Fights Podcast

Thickfreakness

Blue Belt
@Blue
Reaction score

Fellow Canadian James Lynch explains why the UFC were right in releasing Elias Theodorou despite his winning record.

It should start from where the discussion begins.

Episode also includes a chat about domestic violence in MMA, Cody Garbrandt's rumored departure from Team Alpha Male. James also believes that McGregor vs. Khabib is still a possibiliy and explains why.

I have never bought into the narrative that i have to cheer for someone just because they are from the same country as me.

Elias hasn't been a real fighter in recent years. these days he's all about taking no damage, while doing as little as possible to barely win on points.
i'm sure it's good for his brain health, but that shit doesn't work to make it look like a fight, and entertain fans who bought tickets

I have never bought into the narrative that i have to cheer for someone just because they are from the same country as me.

I could never cheer for a douchebag even if he was Canadian. Thankfully, there aren’t any real douche Canadian fighters that I know of.

Not sure where you're from but, from what I've seem, I'd say some countries are more prone to it than others.

I could never cheer for a douchebag even if he was Canadian. Thankfully, there aren’t any real douche Canadian fighters that I know of.

Doesn't even have to be a douchebag ( Newton used to rub me the wrong way) Just boring in general or i just don't like their face, whatever it is.

Not sure where you're from but, from what I've seem, I'd say some countries are more prone to it than others.

From Canada very close to where Elias is from and i don't give one single fuck about him..

Doesn't even have to be a douchebag ( Newton used to rub me the wrong way) Just boring in general or i just don't like their face, whatever it is.

From Canada very close to where Elias is from and i don't give one single fuck about him..
Haha! Fair enough. Do you get a sense from Canada in general that they would support a fighter just based on their locality? I'm Irish and it's certainly a thing here.

Canada is a massive country anyway so from one coast to the other is completely different. I guess it would be a bit different for people from smaller countries...

Just out of curiosity i wonder how many "Irelands" you could fit inside Canada? lol

Fellow Canadian James Lynch explains why the UFC were right in releasing Elias Theodorou despite his winning record.

It should start from where the discussion begins.

Literally everybody agrees with this

Haha! Fair enough. Do you get a sense from Canada in general that they would support a fighter just based on their locality? I'm Irish and it's certainly a thing here.

Canada is a massive country anyway so from one coast to the other is completely different. I guess it would be a bit different for people from smaller countries...

Just out of curiosity i wonder how many "Irelands" you could fit inside Canada? lol

As i alluded to in my next post Canada is huge and i think it makes a difference. Like someone from a certain province would be more likely to have more fans in that province rather than Canada as a whole.

Unless it's Elias of course.

Totally agree. He is a boring point fighter who doesn't even try get points.

GSP tho.... thicc bro, am I right?

I googled it and its ~120. Yeah, we're quite a lot smaller haha! The thing is though, I do agree with that for the most part, but Brazil, which is huge too, seem to be very tribal in this sense. I'm obviously generalizing, but it seems to be the case.

I googled it and its ~120. Yeah, we're quite a lot smaller haha! The thing is though, I do agree with that for the most part, but Brazil, which is huge too, seem to be very tribal in this sense. I'm obviously generalizing, but it seems to be the case.

Yeah its just something i noticed i am not stating it as a fact regarding Canadian fans because a guy like GSP or even Rory are liked nation wide. So i guess it depends.

but in general i don't think "we" have that he's Canadian i have to like him type mentallity..

-120? wow that's crazy. lol

This is an organization where the BEST fighters are supposed to fight not the most exciting.

Last edited:
Yeah its just something i noticed i am not stating it as a fact regarding Canadian fans because a guy like GSP or even Rory are liked nation wide. So i guess it depends.

but in general i don't think "we" have that he's Canadian i have to like him type mentallity..

-120? wow that's crazy. lol
True, true.

And yeah it's insane when you actually look at it like that!

The only way it could possibly be justified is if it's being stipulated that the UFC is not actually a sport.

As long as this is the premise, it's a fair argument.

And if it is? It's a sad day for the UFC, and anyone who actually cares who the best fighters in the world actually are, and what actually is effective.....

I will say the dude giving his opinion is hilarious, and exactly what MMA doesn't need. One would think he was working for the UFC.....

Back