Cuts behind the ears BJJ

Chute Boxe SP

Dirk Diggler
@Orange
Reaction score
After most BJJ classes the backs of my ears hurt, especially in the shower (it burns). The next day it

Me too! Always my right ear, i'll go to shower and when i towel off my head the back of my ear will sting. It's always after wrestling\bjj and never striking. I fight out of a looooot of chokes, so I do think it's your ears being rubbed against and such from the submission attempts.

Simple Solution: Wear an ear-guard. You'll never have that problem again.

Simple Solution: Wear an ear-guard. You'll never have that problem again.

I have thought about this but I live in Brazil and a decent one is almost impossible to find. I might bite the bullet and order from Amazon and just pay the 10000% tax this Banana Republic charges on everything I have sent here.

Also, I am not one to give a fuck about what others say but I already get shit for wearing a mouthpiece. Goddamn I

i frequently get little cuts at the bottom of my ear,right where it connects to my head-stings in the shower,but really not a bother other than that first shower after training

Just apply a little neosporin after the shower. Heals up quick.

I frequently get tiny cuts just where the top of my ear connects to my head.
Only time they bother me is in the shower.

i had this on the back of my ear after last week after aggressively trying to force a head and arm choke on. it scabbed up but dropped off a few days later :)

I had this problem for a while too. It's cause the skin back there is too dry.
Try rubbing lotion behind ur ears at night before bed. Problem should go away after about a week.

I get cuts there too, but I've never really been bothered by them.

Maybe someone is rubbing their sleeves on it on purpose.

I thought I was the only one! I feel this after every training...but only during that first shower after training. I don't feel it again until the next time I train

Hah, I went googling for this and I find this thread. Obviously I get this too -- no-gi is particularly tough on the backs of my ears. I bled quite a lot today. I wonder if it's because the skin is very delicate behind there? I seem to be cauliflower resistant so far, so I'll take this over bubble ears anyday...

I'm a little bitch who only goes for trips and counter throws, and I always tap out right away to guillotine chokes, so my ears look as fresh as the day I was born.

Stop fighting so hard and it will quit happening.

Have the same, never heard of anyone that had it too before :)

Back