Curtis's takedown stat tonight was 14/25.

Damn people have short memories. I remember after Matt Hughes' fights in the early aughts how people came on here and bitched and moaned and complained about how boring he was. After Matt Hughes fought Hayato Sakurai people on SD were talking about how they fell asleep and how the only exciting thing was when Mach landed a right cross on Hughes and stunned him only to get taken down again. Curtis impressed me with his top game and takedowns. It wasn't pretty and it wasn't a slugfest, but he gutted out a tough win especially in a 5 round fight against a tough opponent.
Fuck it's good to see people a) have memories b) respect what happened.

It wasn't a slugfest because Curtis made damn sure it wasn't. That's how you win fights. As you said, it wasn't pretty but its sport and he played to his strengths. Not his opponents. I never understood why that shit offended folks around here. It's the game.

You know what would be actually impressive? 1 takedown, 1 submission attempt,1 finish.

14 takedowns means your opponent got up like 9 times.

Your opponent being good at getting off his back means you need to be able to hit more takedowns/transitions. He did.

Jesus lol

A win is a win
All people complaining about his wrestling heavy gameplan don't seem to complain about Volkov's inability to stop them

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ljae89
Back