Curtis Blaydes TKO Junior Dos Santos GIFS

What’s with the telegraphed uppercuts from JDs?

WiltedHandmadeAbyssiniangroundhornbill-size_restricted.gif

When you’re facing average strikers it works

JDS' takedown defence was really on point last night. Too bad his striking defence wasn't. Blades starting catching him constatly at the end of the first round and it was only a matter of time he would finish JDS.

Dos Santos almost had his "Chuck Liddell" moment.

5abe7e830d66c8bb368e383c4ca341c6.gif

Lead uppercut probably one of the worst punches you can keep throwing against any half-way competent striker. I guess they expected more takedown attempts from Blaydes.

It's crazy, even Blaydes TKO's are limp and boring.

I remember when big Curtis split Reem's wig which was a tad bit graphic but other than that Blaydes still leaves a lot to be desired. He did rid us of the annoying and arrogant Justin Willis tho, so let's be happy about that.

JDS is a op 5 guy ... the elite of HW MMMA ladies and gentlemen.

JDS wanted to box Joshua, Klitschko and Wilder

lmfao

He should retire.

JDS is throwing that uppercut so much it became predictable. Good win for Blaydes. I picked him in round 3 but round 2 is good too.

Slipping the jab to the ouside and coming inside the guard with a rear uppercut counter is not a bad move. Problem is that Blaydes stepped in with the fast one-two and JDS didn't guard with his lead hand for safety. You can't just slip the jab and not expect the right hand to come after. I Iove this move and another way is stepping to ther outside angle while slipping the jab so their right hand can't reach you. What you don't want to do is just stand there while not putting yourself in a good position or having your hands up. JDS has always been very lax with his guard though, especially when he's countering.

Oh well. Easier said than done in a fight. Blaydes went beastmode after that.

Last edited:
I think hes so worried about getting his nose jacked up again. When JDS is getting pummeled he doesn't fight back he just covers up to protect his nose til they call it off

Sad for JDS, he has amazing TDD, his TDD has always been epic. But he seems so hesitant and tentative these days, he doesn't throw much back and stares.. always love JDS, he is a cool cat but don't see him beating the top few guys.

JDS was always a guy with pretty big technical flaws in his boxing - especially defensively. When he was younger and in a pre USADA UFC he was so quick, explosive, and powerful that he could get away with it. He never fixed those issues and now that he is much slower they are pretty exploitable.

Against Blaydes he didn't respect the striking at all. You can tell he came in with very solid TDD but he forgot that although Blaydes is not a great striker, he is still a 265 lbs top level MMA fighter. You can't fight a guy like that with your hands at your waist only focusing on stopping the takedown and throwing your own punches.

Noticed that too, when the result was getting announced. He was looking down at it a few times. Was that the same shoulder he had surgery on a few years back?
I'm pretty sure it was. I have never seen a collar bone looknlike that but that's the correct place for it. No idea what they did to his shoulder to fix it, so could well be something in their toehold it together popped out or something.

I still remember him talking about going into boxing.

He tried it several times and blaydes had shot many TDs in the first. Blaydes made good adjustment to throw that punch over the top. JDS failed to have his hand up while launching that uppercut though.

Actually thought he was going to win this one :(

Fight was stopped too early. Let Blaydes get his KO.

Back