"I want a title shot!"

"I don't know what else I have to do!"

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

I’m ok with Stipe fighting someone new.

Finished twice by the guy that deserves a crack

wCM3DOm.gif

Fall back

Nah Ngannou is the true no. 1 contender. He's more then earned it after beating Jairzinho.

Sure... Ok

Put Curtiss on the same card against someone else as insurance...

He is a top guy now

I think he's mentally suppressed the Francis losses. But the mma community will be there to remind him with gifs and whatnot

Man i thought he had a real shot in the Francis rematch and he shit the bed quickly SMH

0-2 against a contender and possible future champ in a division is usually a death sentence and theres no other division for him to go lol

If Ngannou loses to Rozenstruik, Blaydes would have a legit claim.

But if Ngannou beats Rozenstruik, he would be on a 4 wins streak: Blaydes, Cain, JdS, Rozenstruik.
As compared to Blaydes' 3 wins streak: Justin Willis, Shamil, JdS.

Not even debatable.

DC fawked Stipe up with those eye pokes, now we have a division stuck.

I mean he only loses to Ngannou so he's basically #3 if DC loses again.

It's a weird spot to be in for sure but dude is good

DC fawked Stipe up with those eye pokes, now we have a division stuck.
This is a comment by someone else: -

Eye pokes don't cause traumatic retinal detachments. Corneal abrasion on the FRONT of the eye? Sure. But not a retinal detachment at the BACK of the eye. You need a lot more blunt force for that. That's the kind of injury you typically only see in something like a car crash or someone catching a 90+ mph fastball with their orbit.

Coincidentally, if you watch the rematch, the "intentional eye poke" was a 100% legal left hook. It wasn't an eye poke, at all.

You know what has enough blunt force to cause a traumatic retinal detachment?

A 230+ lb professional MMA fighter smashing a left hook directly in your eyeball.

After that punch landed, Stipe was clearly squinting and having issues with his eye every time DC even feinted a jab for the rest of the fight.

Stipe told the media that his retina injury was caused by an eye poke, the r/MMA hive mind took over, people saw what they wanted to see, and anyone who points it out is downvoted for not mindlessly regurgitating the bullshit narrative.

Facts and reality be damned.

Sums up the reddit page really. Also, pisses all over the DC eye poking theory.

I wonder if Stipe uses this as his go to excuse for whenever he loses, rather than owning up to the loss.

After Ngannou, sure. Its not like theres anyone else besides these two.

Francis will forever have his number even though Blades has a good style to beat him. Its hilarious.

Stipe hasn’t improved much. Francis improves everyday. I very much doubt Stipe will beat Francis this time. He is athletically outmatched. He won the first by being a veteran. Wont happen again. Blades is in for back to back L’s against the predator.

This is a comment by someone else: -

Eye pokes don't cause traumatic retinal detachments. Corneal abrasion on the FRONT of the eye? Sure. But not a retinal detachment at the BACK of the eye. You need a lot more blunt force for that.
That's not true. Any blunt injury to the eye or eye socket that cause the eyeball to deform can cause retinal tear.
We are not talking about a finger scratching the eye surface here.
Getting a finger forced into your eye socket is definitely a blunt injury.

Put Curtis up against Volkov. Or maybe someone with decent ground game. Fabricio or something and let's see how he fares.

Back