Curtis Blaydes Angry About "Juiced" Brock Lesnar Getting Title Shot, Doesn't Think UFC Is a Sport

Brock get's a title shot because 1) He's a former HW champ and 2) He'd get 1 mil PPV buys for taking a dump. Combat Sports have always been just as much about celebrity as they have been about pugilistic prowess. As a purist I sympathize, but as a fan I'm interested to see how Brock does against DC, and to see if he can pass a drug test.

knight-fight-knock-out.gif

He's 100% right. The worse thing about this is the fans end up losing out, Lesnar will get beaten up badly and embarrassed and the fans will feel cheated, just like CM Punk 2x. The only ones that win out are Lesnar and the UFC here. And I wonder if Lesnar is even the draw he use to be at this point to be worth tarnishing the sport.

Boxing is a sport.

Fighting is fighting.

Last I checked there were rules judges and a ref which makes it what? Yep, you guessed it, a sport.

You sound super bad ass though, I mean who in there right minds would consider standing toe to toe and trying to beat eachother unconsious with nothing more than your fists "fighting", fuckin absurd right? Lol

lol sport its fucking cage fighting and while they don't let just anybody in the NFL,NHL hes gotta be delusional if he thinks those guys ain't on juice

I don’t even view Blaydes as a legitimate MMA fighter. He was not able to stand and exchange with Mark Hunt and almost got ko'd there. NO, i don't consider him a complete fighter, and he did not earned the right to open his mouth here. Just like Latifi, he's got 1 or 2 good wins and think you are a superstar?? YOU GOT NOTHING FOR D.C, SO SHUT IT

Leaner is a somebody while you’re a nobody .. go whine somewhere else

I don’t even view Blaydes as a legitimate MMA fighter. He was not able to stand and exchange with Mark Hunt and almost got ko'd there. NO, i don't consider him a complete fighter, and he did not earned the right to open his mouth here. Just like Latifi, he's got 1 or 2 good wins and think you are a superstar?? YOU GOT NOTHING FOR D.C, SO SHUT IT

Curtis Blaydes would beat the fuck out of Brock Lesnar in a fight.

Do you disagree?

If Kobe Bryrant wanted to come off the street and play for the Lakers, they would let him.

“Hi I’m Curtis Blaydes and 4 people on the internet know who I am”

Title shot. Lulz

By this stage is there anyone left that believes entertainment hasn't trumped merit in mma?

Some f#cking you tuber is all over sherdog after having done 800,000 buys for an unbearably shit fight ffs

Idk how people dont realize this by now. Its sports entertainment. Talk the talk, walk the walk, and make that walk exciting.

Hardcore fans just being delusional. Casuals drive sales and drama sells so fucking well. There is a reason theres drama reality shows on most channels.

A company who is essentially an investment/managment firm is suppose to give up huge paydays to make the minority hardcore fans happy? Lets be real most of the hardcore fans stream, its too expensive to buy every ppv, fight pass, and fox sports. The hardcores know where to find the streams, not some middle class family shelling out 65 to see their kids favorite youtuber fight sage.

who ????

he is competing in UeesssFEEEeeeeeeeee

do you bring in the eyes and $$$$ nooooo ???

... your opinion does not matter....

You need to be athletic as fuck or be damn good at some form of martial arts to compete at an elite level. Brock had both.

Touche. I concede that undeserved title shots are the minority but you have to admit those few instances are complete bullshit from a meritocracy perspective.
appreciate someone here actually having their mind changed. :)

and yes, the exceptions are bullshit but generally understandable too. but yes, it sucks to the guys who are passed in line. but the title never rests. there's no season. it just keeps going. i understand the org (and fighter) instinct to opportunistically grab a one-off.

Entertainment (money) means more to the UFC then legitimacy

Back