Social Curt Schilling and the baseball HOF

• Thread starter Deleted member 159002
  • Start date
I think it's more about the fact that he was a massive asshole to teammates and the press than his political views, though the political views arise out of his personality defects.

But, yeah, he'd have my vote for the HOF anyway.

I've always read he was a great teammate durring his playing days - he used to call the sportstalk shows regularly to defend teammates.

And writers didn't seem to have issues with him until he called the BBWA voters scum after not voting him in on his 3rd ballot.

I think it's more about the fact that he was a massive asshole to teammates and the press than his political views,

When Ty Cobb is in the HOF, it should nullify and and all personality quirks that might disqualify someone.

I've always read he was a great teammate durring his playing days - he used to call the sportstalk shows regularly to defend teammates.

And writers didn't seem to have issues with him until he called the BBWA voters scum after not voting him in on his 3rd ballot.

There were lots of stories about his behavior during his career.

When Ty Cobb is in the HOF, it should nullify and and all personality quirks that might disqualify someone.

I said I'd vote for him. Lots of assholes in the Hall. Hornsby was probably worse than Cobb.

If an athlete refuses to adhere to pre-approved political viewpoints, they should be shunned by the press and banned from any sports honors.
Da comrade. Put him on a bus and ship him off to....a camp while we're at it.

Edit: I don't know shit about this guy, but getting canned for the meme he posted is going overboard.

Last edited:
He's in next year for sure as long as he keeps his mouth shut. Got up to 70% this year.
End thread , same thing happened to Terrel Owens , he was a shitty team mate and the media hated him , he got in eventually and he was a better wr than Schilling was a pitcher

The whiners on the far right are no different than the sjws they despise

End thread , same thing happened to Terrel Owens , he was a shitty team mate and the media hated him , he got in eventually and he was a better wr than Schilling was a pitcher

The whiners on the far right are no different than the sjws they despise

FTR, Schill is the only pitcher with 3000 Ks not in the hall. He falls between 50-60 of current HOF pitchers based on stats alone, but Schill did it when the ball was live and the whole league was juiced.

Colin Kaepernick protests cops killing people: "Well this is what you get when you bring politics into sports. stop being a distraction."

Curt Schilling embezzles neatly 100 mil from state of RI and posts memes comparing muslims to Nazis, then does't instantly get meaningless award... "I DEMAND JUSTICE FOR CURT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

This is not about Politics he talked against the league during the steroid controversy stop with the conspiracies and look at the organization.

Character still matters in this vote, and Schilling did himself few favors over the years, beginning with his testimony at the congressional hearing on MLB steroid use. After publicly saying that the use of PEDs was widespread in baseball, Schilling told Congress, “The issue was grossly overstated by people, including myself.” Perhaps he had a change of heart when the bright lights went on him, or perhaps his angry critique of Jose Canseco at the hearing dominated his attention span."

"According to Schilling, it’s his political views that have kept him out of Cooperstown, saying after the 2015 vote that Smoltz was elected because of his liberal views on policy. “He’s a Democrat and so I know that, as a Republican, that there’s some people that really don’t like that,” he said on a Boston radio show in January. As Politico noted, Smoltz is in fact a Republican. (For his part, Schilling actively campaigned for George W. Bush’s reelection while pitching for the Red Sox in 2004.)"

Political views shouldn't matter if you get into the Hall of Fame or not, no

This guy is just an asshole, he hasn't done anything illegal. There are plenty of assholes in the HoF.

This is not about Politics he talked against the league during the steroid controversy stop with the conspiracies and look at the organization.

Character still matters in this vote, and Schilling did himself few favors over the years, beginning with his testimony at the congressional hearing on MLB steroid use. After publicly saying that the use of PEDs was widespread in baseball, Schilling told Congress, “The issue was grossly overstated by people, including myself.” Perhaps he had a change of heart when the bright lights went on him, or perhaps his angry critique of Jose Canseco at the hearing dominated his attention span."

"According to Schilling, it’s his political views that have kept him out of Cooperstown, saying after the 2015 vote that Smoltz was elected because of his liberal views on policy. “He’s a Democrat and so I know that, as a Republican, that there’s some people that really don’t like that,” he said on a Boston radio show in January. As Politico noted, Smoltz is in fact a Republican. (For his part, Schilling actively campaigned for George W. Bush’s reelection while pitching for the Red Sox in 2004.)"

You mean OJ won't get into the HoF? I kid he's already in.

Colin Kaepernick protests cops killing people: "Well this is what you get when you bring politics into sports. stop being a distraction."

Curt Schilling embezzles neatly 100 mil from state of RI and posts memes comparing muslims to Nazis, then does't instantly get meaningless award... "I DEMAND JUSTICE FOR CURT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

Schilling was much better at his sport than Kaepernick at his. Not even close in terms of accomplishments.

FTR, Schill is the only pitcher with 3000 Ks not in the hall. He falls between 50-60 of current HOF pitchers based on stats alone, but Schill did it when the ball was live and the whole league was juiced.
He'll get in , they're just making him stew a bit , same as TO.

Reminds of this Tom Nichols thread:

LOL. What the fuck? Most Trump voters I know don't give 2 shits about "respect" from the other side. This is a really stupid tweet.

This Tweet is below you. You can do better than that.

Back