Violence/Genocide: Do not condone violence or genocide on a person or group of people. You are free to attack a person or groups ideas but you are crossing the line when calling for violence. This will be heavily enforced in threads with breaking news involving victims.

Social Curt Schilling and the baseball HOF

Discussion in 'The War Room' started by Deleted member 159002, Feb 2, 2020.

1. Curt Schilling without a doubt should be in the baseball HOF.

https://sports.yahoo.com/curt-schil...e-in-the-baseball-hall-of-fame-021838902.html
    It's pretty obvious the reason he wasn't voted in was because of his political views.

Do you think athletes should have to 'toe the line' to be recognized for their achievements?

2. IngaVovchanchyn Titanium Belt Platinum Member

If an athlete refuses to adhere to pre-approved political viewpoints, they should be shunned by the press and banned from any sports honors.

3. Jesus H. Sherdog My likes died for your sins

Schilling should absolutely be in the Hall of Fame.

I wasn’t aware that it was his political stance that was costing him votes, but that should have no bearing imo.

4. cincymma79 Gold Belt

Who gives a shit
    Still an all time great

5. weed ベルセルク

what's the case for Jeter? because he has the herp?

6. Bloody Pulp Gold Belt

He pitched with a cut on his ankle that one time too. Doesn’t get much more heroic than that.

7. Gunny Gold Belt

Goddamn right he should. Progs need to come to grips with the fact that their shitty impulses like this, more so than policy, is why there is a wave of Trump like leaders the world over.

[​IMG]

8. 7437 Banned Banned

It's so weird that cons think being offended by progressives is some kind of moral virtue.

9. Jack V Savage Secretary of Keepin' It Real/Nicest Guy on Sherdog Platinum Member

And people don't seem to get that saying that others vote for a corrupt, incompetent moron to be their president out of petulance about losing culture wars is a bigger insult to those voters than anything liberals say about them.

10. Gunny Gold Belt

it’s even more weird that you can’t accurately follow the thread

11. Jack V Savage Secretary of Keepin' It Real/Nicest Guy on Sherdog Platinum Member

I think it's more about the fact that he was a massive asshole to teammates and the press than his political views, though the political views arise out of his personality defects.

But, yeah, he'd have my vote for the HOF anyway.

12. Fawlty Memesy were the borogroves Platinum Member

oh wow is that a boo-boo on his footsie?

13. JLan98 Orange Belt

It's always funny hearing conservatives whine about being "discriminated against" for their political views... when their political views are based on discriminating against others!

Curt Schilling doesn't piss people off because he votes Republican, he's pissed people off because he's put out a lot of xenophobic, homophobic, and transphobic nonsense online.

But conservatives are basically admitting that xenophobia, homophobia and transphobia are part of their "politics" and should somehow be protected.

So you have all these whiney right wingers who talk about the importance of "free speech", as if it means you can discriminate against whoever you want, put out as much damaging hateful rhetoric as you want, and nobody is allowed to take issue with it, otherwise they're infringing on your "free speech"... lol smh.

Also shows how hypocritical conservatives are, who are supposed to be for "small government" and draining the swamp... do you know how much Schilling cost tax payers with his video game bust?

14. Jack V Savage Secretary of Keepin' It Real/Nicest Guy on Sherdog Platinum Member

Reminds of this Tom Nichols thread:

15. My Spot Not my liver spot. Not my bald spot.

He's in next year for sure as long as he keeps his mouth shut. Got up to 70% this year.

16. Happy Man Banned Banned

Usual suspects in here defending idea of punishing someone for thoughts they don’t agree with

17. Letssnuggle Purple Belt

The answer is obviously yes. There is no reason that justifies otherwise.

To this day I’m amazed he went broke via video games. Crazy.

18. MVelsor ~ Work of the Gods ~ Banned

GOAT (level) Postseason Pitcher. It was a serious privilege to get to see him and Randy Johnson do their thing live and in-person numerous times. Those are some embedded childhood memories I'll never forget.

19. 7437 Banned Banned

You vote trump because libs hurt your feelings. You said inlt quite clearly.

20. Fedorable Continues without supporting Sherdog.

HOFer, but only because of the low standards for baseball HOF.