Current Training of Zhang Weili and Rose Namajunas

Who is training better for this fight?

• Total voters
Rose Namajunas doing Hard Body shot Training for rematch with Zhang Weili
Sep 16, 2021
DEEP MMA & BOXING

"Rose Namajunas doing Hard Body shot Training for her rematch with Zhang Weili in november. Rose won by KO quick to become a two time champion. She is training with Trevor Whitman who is also getting Usman and Gaethje ready for there fights the same night."

Zhangs wrestling wasnt the problem last fight, iirc

Thanks for the thread @Better Every Day. Enjoying what they share of their training. We'll see at fight time how well they've prepared. But I feel they are both getting the best training available to them.

Rose has an amazing team headed by Trevor Whitman. It's safe to say they are going through everything quite exhaustively. I'd also guess they have some tricks up their sleeve. Rose has often impressed with her ability to execute new techniques. Recall prior to her first bout with Joanna J. we thought her best chance was via ground work, then she scored the tko via striking.

Weili looks happy and relaxed over there with Henry Cejudo and his teammates and coaches. I'm sure she's training very hard - that's always been one of her outstanding features. She has mentioned she enjoys making friends via mixed martial arts. Looks like she is doing so while rigorously going over all the basics and more. In the past year or so travel related disruptions inhibited her ability to forming an optimal training camp. Now it's looking like she has a good situation with coaches and training partners. Wondering if her head coach is there now.

They both appear to be training the way they want. Come fight time the responsibility falls on the fighters to demonstrate all they've trained.

[ENG SUB] Zhang Weili Ready for War - UFC 268 Rose Weili 2 first official interview
Sep 18, 2021
zhangweili_xiaopang

"Weili talks about the decision to train with Cejudo, responding to her new haircut comments, and the mental game in the upcoming UFC268 rematch."

I'm not sure if she can close the gap in striking here... At least not this soon.

Misreading feints and setups like that is not something you can just pick up.

Common way to evade a body / leg kick in MT.. just misread it..

Mistaking the low kick for the head kick with that manuever is definitely a mistake you're going to pay for..

Yep. She did it routinely against JJ. Even made a little dance out of it in the middle of the fight.

Regardless of how hard they train, I believe there is a big talent discrepancy in favor of Rose that will be difficult for Weili to overcome.

I'm rooting for Weili, but I'd be shocked if she won tbh. The way Rose moves is something special and she can crack.

War Weili, I'd love nothing more than to see her score a TKO for redemption.
Rose didn't looked too good tho in her Andrade rematch. (Her comeback fight which she lasted all 15 minutes inside the cage. Win by split decision).

5f0a80f2f34d05210d2cce44

I'm not sure if she can close the gap in striking here... At least not this soon.

Misreading feints and setups like that is not something you can just pick up.
It's better for Weili to protect her head rather than defending low kick - the fight just started and then she's out.

If the fight ever went longer maybe Weili will edges out. TBH Weili was mentally out from that walkout booing. Her positive cheerful mentality backfired. Girl gonna has to toughen it out next time.

Rose has been training with Valentina, or at least I saw a sparring vid of the two. So Rose wins that one.

Back