current lineage database?

ohmalley

Blue Belt
Reaction score
is there a current list of bjj black belts and their lineage? i checked bjj.org but that seems antiquated and i couldn't find links to any lists. i also looked at onthemat but all i came up to was a tutorial for a system wherein you can sign up and list your own rank -- however, i couldn't find the actual database itself. is there anything out there that's considered a legitimate record of who got their bb, and from whom? seems like i could go onto onthemat, sign up, and click the tab that says "black belt", but clearly that's bullshit.

thanks!

Nothing comprehensive, no. There's a wiki somewhere, but it's woefully incomplete.

codemonkey made one a year ago or so, but i don't remember the URL. maybe if he reads this he will post a link?

edit: found it: BJJ Belt Lineage Database it is user-editable so you can put our instructors in there yourself if you want to, Spoken. I think Rodrigo got his BB from Mamazinho? Not sure who Mama got his from.

Last edited:
can't find Rodrigo Lopes or my teacher :(

Every time I don't see my teacher or my teacher's teacher there, I feel a little empty as an individual.

Back