Current HW division is screwed

UL

no more yellows
Banned
Reaction score
So

Stipe at the top

Who is fighting him next? Cain

That means Ngannou has to have another fight, most likely JDS in that case and they'll be killing off a contender, no one wants to see JDS fight that quickly for a title if he does win

Overeem/Werdum - ufc hates Werdum; no chance he gets it.

Overeem has a possible chance if Cain wins

But Cain most likely gets injured and screws the whole HW division up again

Point is

WME fucked up by making Hunt/Lewis
Should have been Lewis/Ngannou
Or Ngannou/Werdum for a ts and Lewis fight Overeem

It's because the two biggest and baddest heavyweights in the world (Lesnar and Samoa joe) belong to Vince McMahon.

Even the 'scripted' fight between those two will be more entertaining than anything the UFC heavyweight division can produce.

The UFC heavyweight division is in dire straits. Duffie and Struve were supposed to be big parts of the HW picture.

How is this any different than what the HW division has always been? It's always been a handful of guys at the top and a bunch of also rans.

How is this any different than what the HW division has always been? It's always been a handful of guys at the top and a bunch of also rans.
We at a time where fighters are being divas
With owners who got scammed and are clueless about the sport and haven't got the $
And the sport is getting less and less interesting

Just like at the next few weeks and these last 2 weeks

5 cards
10 fights per a card?
So 50 fight
And in them 50 fights like 5 decent fights
Spamming cards with 1 or 2 good fight isn't gonna help the ufc grow
Zuffa have been doing it for the last 7 years when they were cashing out and getting ready to sell

Last edited:
How about the average age of the top 15 HWs which is like 53.

We at a time where fighters are being divas
With owners who got scammed and are clueless about the sport and haven't got the $

Who's being a diva in the HW division though? Stipe is one of the few champs in the UFC who truly does seem down to actually fight legit top contenders. Cain? Dude's injury prone as hell, but not a diva. JDS? I think he's shot, but it has nothing to do with being a diva. Hunt? LOL! Ngannou? He's trying to bark his way to big name fights. I don't think he'll be turning down any big names at this point.

Honestly, I think the HW division is least effected by the current diva trend in MMA and I won't argue that there isn't a helluva diva trend currently in MMA.

FWIW: The qualifying tournament for the freestyle wrestling world championships were held this weekend. These were the seedings:

97 kilograms:
1. Kyven Gadson
2. Dustin Kilgore
3. Micah Burak
4. Nathan Burak
5. Kallen Kleinschmidt
6. Ty Walz
7. Blaize Cabell
8. Nikko Reyes
9. Hayden Zillmer
10. Matt Williams

125 kilograms:
1. Zack Rey
2. Dom Bradley
3. Bobby Telford
4. Tony Nelson
5. Justin Grant
6. Nathan Butler

Snyder won the 97 kilos & Gwiz won the 125 kilos.

Any of these guys talked about going to MMA?

Ngannou vs Stipe
Cain vs Hunt
Overeem vs Werdum

Cain probably pulls out, so it will be Hunt vs JDS.

I have been saying this for months. UFC is wasting time and money creating TUF on stacked divisions. LHW and HW really needs help right now. When there is no cross over star like Conor or Ronda, UFC has always relied on LHW and HW to generate views. Casuals will watch two HWs knock each other out. Why do you think people watched Kimbo Slice despite not being skilled? Because he is a popular big guy that has KO power. UFC can promote Mighty Mouse or Cody Garbrandt with all the money that they have but casuals won't watch it.

FWIW: The qualifying tournament for the freestyle wrestling world championships were held this weekend. These were the seedings:

97 kilograms:
1. Kyven Gadson
2. Dustin Kilgore
3. Micah Burak
4. Nathan Burak
5. Kallen Kleinschmidt
6. Ty Walz
7. Blaize Cabell
8. Nikko Reyes
9. Hayden Zillmer
10. Matt Williams

125 kilograms:
1. Zack Rey
2. Dom Bradley
3. Bobby Telford
4. Tony Nelson
5. Justin Grant
6. Nathan Butler

Snyder won the 97 kilos & Gwiz won the 125 kilos.

Any of these guys talked about going to MMA?
Snyder wants to do mma, he is a World and Olympic champ and still a kid, Cormier basically blocked him to start mma right now because "the sport of wrestling needs him".
But the guy would be at 205 in mma.

Snyder wants to do mma, he is a World and Olympic champ and still a kid, Cormier basically blocked him to start mma right now because "the sport of wrestling needs him".
But the guy would be at 205 in mma.

The Living The Dream Fund also awards Olympic champs $250,000

All you do is whinge and whine like little girl

The UFC is doing little right these days.

LHW and HW are a mess. Very shallow and not upcoming talent despite Ngannou right now. Since Gus and Jones along with Davis and Bader were the new guys LHW had no new legit talent entering the division.

With HW it's been this way since the Strikeforce merger. But there are so many old guys who are almost all now about to go out or at a point where they should do so at least. Again with Ngannou being the exception.

Those two are the worst divisions in the UFC talent wise. And it's not close.

And when you look at how the UFC is treating fighters I fear for young athletes that consider MMA.

I am not gonna use that meme f saying UFC is dying but they have a problem right now and they have to figure it out.

Add to that that Conor is likely gone as well if the Mayweather fight does happen. So they can't even bank on him.

Ufc has been dying for the last 10 years according to sherdog

The talent pool has always been relatively thin, but its especially bad this past few years imo. Stipe and Ngannou are the only good new talents talents to come along.

Ufc has been dying for the last 10 years according to sherdog
And I've been correct each time i said it

Why did zuffa sell
Because they know it has no future and it's peaked

So

Stipe at the top

Who is fighting him next? Cain

That means Ngannou has to have another fight, most likely JDS in that case and they'll be killing off a contender, no one wants to see JDS fight that quickly for a title if he does win

Overeem/Werdum - ufc hates Werdum; no chance he gets it.

Overeem has a possible chance if Cain wins

But Cain most likely gets injured and screws the whole HW division up again

Point is

WME fucked up by making Hunt/Lewis
Should have been Lewis/Ngannou
Or Ngannou/Werdum for a ts and Lewis fight Overeem
Werdum vs Overeem winner or Ngannou if he wins with JDS.

And I've been correct each time i said it

Why did zuffa sell
Because they know it has no future and it's peaked
Its the fight game bro, been a boxing fan 20 years +..lulls and peaks have been apart of the game since forever.

A star is born and suddenly the sports reinvigorated for another 10 years +

Back