Curran: "PVZ rematch would be awesome for both our careers"

L0ki

Silver Belt
@Silver
Reaction score
http://mmajunkie.com/2016/02/kailin...vanzant-would-be-awesome-for-both-our-careers

dApn5fN.png

“If you watch the fight you can kind of see right after I won I let go of a lot of tears. I was extremely happy, I was super stoked just to finally seal the deal and get the win,” Curran told MMAjunkie. “There’s times where I could have just gave up and just been like, ‘This is not for me.’ Because I always came so close and didn’t really get the win, but I feel like by me going through those losses and actually pushing through those, that it makes me feel more confident and makes me want to push harder and get better.

“I feel like since then I’ve come a long way in just growing as an individual and an MMA fighter. … My first two fights I came really close but kind of came up short at the same time. It was just a really good feeling to get that win, and especially a submission too and not a decision win.”

“I’m going to try to figure it out and get in (UFC matchmaker Sean Shelby’s) ear about what’s next,” Curran said. “I’m really looking forward to getting back in there and keeping the ball rolling and hopefully getting another win and starting a win-streak.”

Curran said the rematch “makes sense” after VanZant suffered a fifth-round submission loss to Rose Namajunas at the same event where she beat Kagan. And whether it happens next or a few fights down the line, she said it would be a very important showdown.

“For me that only makes sense,” Curran said. “Our debut together, I feel like it shouldn’t have went that way. It got stopped like two minutes into the third round and I felt like I was getting back up, I felt like the ref shouldn’t have stopped it. I feel like if we rematch I have a good chance at that and it would be awesome for both our careers.”

Sounds like a terrible idea.

In the fight PVZ was pretty dominant and one more loss could put Curran very close or in the chopping block.

Not sure who a good fight for her at this point would be. Maybe Felice.

That's a highly marketable match up, Joe.

Curran's not good. She really struggled with Kagan in her last fight until Kagan gassed and quit. Kagan was pretty much the worst fighter on the roster.

Curran would get tooled by PVZ again and I don't even think PVZ is beyond average at anything.

Meh .. I can see why she would want this rematch, but .. yo no se.

On another note .. I hate this fake blond hair on Kailin. :(

I don't really think it'd do much for either. PVZ has already beat her and Curran's unranked currently. Curran could avenge a loss but even in that case she'd be 1-1 with a PVZ that's already coming off of a loss. They're both still pretty young and would benefit from fresh matchups.

It's a shame Kailin had such a big brain fart against Chambers. It shouldn't have went to the ground and she made some big mistakes trying to defend the armbar. She could well have been on a 2 fight win streak. I guess the Herrig idea is as good as any. Alot of the other WSWs or injured, booked, way higher ranked, or coming off multiple losses.

VanZant would beat her even quicker than last time

She's pretty, but not very polished.

Her only UFC win is Kagan ffs. Granted she was beating up Chambers until the armbar, but c'mon, no need for a rematch yet.

Fight makes no sense. I understand why Curran wants it but there's nothing for Paige to gain in this fight. Curran needs to win a couple more before she starts calling people out.

Back