Curious if you're buying the PPV tonight?

No. I experienced my first "Ronda effect" though. Twice yesterday I had friends who don't normally watch MMA but know I do, say they were getting the ppv because they are excited to see "Rousey fight". I was a doubter in the hype translating to actual results but it may be real after all?

Nope, haven't bought a ppv in years. I'll go to a bar or stream it if I feel like it. Kinda don't care

No, but only because I'm in Vegas on business. I'll find some place to watch it here after dinner. Just have to get the clients to eat fast. :)

FYI:

MMADraws.com official prediction is between 838,000 and 927,000 viewers

I like Dez, but he seems off on this one. If he nails this, he deserves an Olympic Bronze medal in statistical analysis.

Last edited:
How many times do we have to tell you people to stop using Sherdog as a metric for anything MMA related?

The people here stream.

The people here cry foul when there's massive PPV numbers.

The people here rejoice when numbers are low.

The people here love to hate on lighter weightclasses and WMMA.

And they have zero effect on the success of the business because they straight up don't matter. They might as well be casuals with no idea MMA exists because they never kick in.

Nope, but I'll be watching

Flowing%20stream.gif

I like the way they stack the card with interesting fights just to maintain the fallacy that rousey is a big star.'
Just have rousey fight and watch the ppv's tumble.
I'm a fan of hers but she just isn't huge draw imo.

UFC 184 was stacked! Oh wait...

How many times do we have to tell you people to stop using Sherdog as a metric for anything MMA related?

Here's something that might actually be relevant (moreso than asking a bunch of sherdoggers if they're going to buy it) - the location of the fight. Mainstream sports media can't just send a reporter to Rio to file a story like they can when a card is in Las Vegas or LA. Casual buyers hear about the fights through mainstream sports media.

I dont need to, its free on a cable channel.

For what, like $60 or some shit? For this card? No. Never.

FN 72 > FN 73 > UFC 190

So why exactly should I buy it?

Meh I'll only buy the big cards that are actually worth it or fighters I like nowadays, still watch them all though.

Back