Curious case of Matt Brown

I have never seen such an exciting fighter so hated, overlooked, and underestimated. Just amazes me.
Usually its one or the other. In Matt Browns case its all 3 for some strange reason.

I didnt think he was going to beat Jordan Mein, especially after he ate that body shot that dropped him.

Last night, I didnt think he would get out of the first round after eating that Silva bodykick.

He has a lot of 'wtf' moments no doubt about it lol.

Brock beats hearing who is unranked and then gets a title shot..

Probably theres a lot more I think glover too.. but he beats a washed up rampage

Yet Gus can beat a nobody and get a title shot and Glover has never beat a top ten guy and got a title shot..

Matt Brown is a beast and one of the most exciting guys to watch.. Give him a top 5, he will win and then this stupid agrument can be over

Yeah, none of those fights were in the welterweight division. Ya know, a division with real depth.

I always predict he is going to lose and am usually wrong. His striking has improved a ton.

Yet Gus can beat a nobody and get a title shot and Glover has never beat a top ten guy and got a title shot..

Matt Brown is a beast and one of the most exciting guys to watch.. Give him a top 5, he will win and then this stupid agrument can be over

Glover had a 20 fight win streak which kinda makes Matt's 7 look amateurish. Let Brown string together another 13 wins against low tier fighters and we can talk

Awesome fighter, awesome winstreak but imo he has no "liver chin" (? ) i remember him to suffer vs Mein with body shots, Hendricks will punch a hole in his liver lol

How many wrestlers did brown beat in this 7 fight win streak?!? Hmm so let's give him a title fight against the best wrestler in the division? And he earned this shot by beating 4 un ranked fighter's and 3 top 20's....

Awesome fighter, awesome winstreak but imo he has no "liver chin" (? ) i remember him to suffer vs Mein with body shots, Hendricks will punch a hole in his liver lol

Not if brown is puttin hot hands on him

FFS no one hates Brown, hes entertaining as fuck. Its impossible to not enjoy his fights.

What most of us hate is that he, as well as his hardcore fans, actually talk about him fighting for the belt already. Im sorry but beating 7 B- fighters does not warrant talk of a title. As soon as he beats an A+ fighter I would be happy as fuck to see him fight for the title. If he smokes Woodly, Rory, Lawler, Condit, etc someone of that caliber then a title shot would be awesome.

Not if brown is puttin hot hands on him

if Lawler didnt TKO Jonhy i doubt Matt will, but theres only one way to figure that out.
Ufc will probably put him against Hector or Rory/Woodley winner , its a win-win situation for them

Back