Curious case of Matt Brown

Don't know if I agree, seeing as how 2 of those wins were against guys from his TUF season before he dropped down from 170, and at LW the only people he beat really worth talking about are Lauzon, Stevenson and Pellegrino for his own streak with wins over Emerson, Camoes and Neer. Roop was 1-1 in the UFC at that time and the other 3 were pretty much nobodies (Jason Dent = 1-3 in UFC, Billy Miles = 0-1 in UFC, Roman Mitichyan = 1-1 in UFC).

Brown's streak is much better. Chris Cope and Luis Ramos are obviously just filler but every other win he's had is legit.
Swick is injury plaqued had fought once in 2 years prior and struggled against DeMarques Johnson, Stephen Thompson is super green had a very limited ground game which was exploited in that fight. I don't really see Mein, Pyle, Silva being any better than Steveson, Pellegrino, and Lauzon.

Their streaks are almost perfectly comparable.

I'm curious, what is curious about his case?

What's the curious case? He beat guys he should have beaten who weren't ranked

Only in retrospect do we think he should have beat all thouse guys.

Go look up the betting lines from before they took place and Brown was a pretty big dog in most if not all of them.

Only in retrospect do we think he should have beat all thouse guys.

Go look up the betting lines from before they took place and Brown was a pretty big dog in most if not all of them.

Looking it up he was favored over Cope, Ramos, and Pyle (hid best win, go figure).

+190 against Thompson
+120 against Swick
+280 against Mein
+185 against Silva.

So he was a favorite in 3 slight underdog in 3 and a moderate underdog in one.

eyes were open when he destroyed pyle. i thought it was going to be a war. Brown when on beast mode and never took the foot of the gas pedal.
He is a fighter that will gain lots of fans, he is not a point fighter, he is a soul taker. Man silva looked scared out there.

I have never seen such an exciting fighter so hated, overlooked, and underestimated. Just amazes me.

Brock beats hearing who is unranked and then gets a title shot..

Probably theres a lot more I think glover too.. but he beats a washed up rampage

Dos Santos beat up everybody to get a title shot.

Pretty legit, but he was given arguably a title eliminator against Condit before getting injured.

I say give him the winner of Lawler / Berger or Lombard as the next challenger.

He's got the best clinch striking in the sport, is dangerous no matter how bad you hurt him and puts on really serious pressure. On the other hand, he can't take body shots, doesn't have great cardio, is vulnerable when you get him to back up and may not have the strongest grappling game.

He's my favorite fucking fighter and I will root for him over anyone in any division. I will believe in him until the day he retires, and even then I'll have faith in a comeback.

whats that quote from his season of TuF ? " Matt Browns so tough he eats nails" ?

Anyway I'd say he needs a fight or two before a title shot, but his wins are all still impressive just because he wrecked.

He's pretty beast right now, but as everyone has said he hasn't faced any "top guys." If he can beat a top 5 guy then, by all means, give him a title shot.

top 10

needs 2 more top 10 wins or 1 top 5 win to legitimately deserve a title shot.

Does he have a top 10 win already? Guy's overrated, needs to fight legit contenders to get a shot. Beating lower level guys shouldn't equal a title shot.

Weird to think if Sotir would have beat Siver he would have fought Frankie for the title. That is if you go by the eight win streak rule.

Yet Gus can beat a nobody and get a title shot and Glover has never beat a top ten guy and got a title shot..

Matt Brown is a beast and one of the most exciting guys to watch.. Give him a top 5, he will win and then this stupid agrument can be over

Back