Cunningham emotional speech post fight press conference.

Discussion in 'Boxing Discussion' started by Lublinek, Dec 25, 2012.

1. Lublinek

Lublinek Blue Belt

I think everybody who calls himself a boxing fan should see this .

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=endscreen&v=Fuboj2Mku-w&NR=1

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ywekZXHnGIk

Sums up boxing pretty well :icon_neut

"...Boxing is a business , business comes before respect, business comes before familly, and business comes before being decent...Boxing is a business "

By the way since i am polish i checked a lot of different polish forums etc.Adamek is really bashed by a lot of ppl for this win !!!

2. 2quik82

2quik82 Blue Belt

good vid,he right

3. Seano

Seano Hands of bone

Meh. I thought it was a pretty clear victory for Cunningham but there were enough close rounds that I'm not really excited about it. I knew before they read the decision that Cunningham was going to lose, even though I had him winning by 3 or 4 rounds.

4. Cazadores

Cazadores Banned Banned

Part of the game when scoring is subjective.

99% of the fights are called right. There are probably a thousand matches a weekend.

5. cuban23

cuban23 Black Belt

What's disappointing about this is the prospect of fighting Pulev.

IMO, and I'm not trying to fighter bash, Pulev sucks. He's a greatly overrated HW. I think Boxrec has him ranked like 3rd or something. Cunningham would give him a boxing lesson, and I'm also expecting Adamek to beat him. I don't think Cunningham could beat a Klitschko, but there is a lot of money in those fights.

6. Lublinek

Lublinek Blue Belt

I also dont see what's the big hype over Pulev.But i guess they got to hype somebody in the HW division other then Klitschkos!!Otherwise ppl will understand that the boxing Hw division is crap nowadays.

Adamek (post fight) said that Cunningham has no power in his punches and he couldnt hurt him !!.He aknowledges that maybe Steve connected more times (in fact he did) but he(Adamek) threw more power punches.Plus USS fought while backpedaling and he had to chase after him.At least that was Adamek's view of the fight in the post fight interview.I wonder if he will think the same after calmly watching the whole fight again.

When it comes to Cunningham /Klitschko .I think it would be a HUGE mismatch in terms of physical power/ability!!

7. MeBig

MeBig Brown Belt

8. MeBig

MeBig Brown Belt

The difference between Cunningham and the example he brought up about Martinez's draw with Cintron, is that Martinez smiled and shrugged his shoulders (literally in the ring), and moved on to get signature wins and big paydays..... whereas this fucking guy just goes on a bitching "look at me" spree after losing a close fight. Shut up Steve Cunningham.

9. 2quik82

2quik82 Blue Belt

10. 2quik82

2quik82 Blue Belt

11. MeBig

MeBig Brown Belt

Being frustrated and going all fucking Santa Barbara at a post fight presser are two different things. What happened happened. And anybody that saw it saw it. He hasn't changed either of those things. All he's done by going public with his sob story and being so dramatic about it, in my eyes, is completely turn off a lot of fans that may have otherwise been sympathetic and supportive of him. He's talking like fucking paydays not being 7 figures should be the fans' problem, not just his and his team's. If he didn't make such a point of bringing it up, then maybe I could agree....

[​IMG]

12. mightyfighter

mightyfighter White Belt

I feel a bit sorry for Cunningham. He won the fight clearly in my eyes. But maybe this is a good thing, because it may force him to be a bit more aggressive and go for the knockout like Matthysse and Martinez.

13. Abezal

Abezal Banned Banned

Yes USS. This is boxing, and throwing 12 and landing 5 in a round (according to the stat they showed) probably wont win you many prize fight.

He's got no one to blame but him self, should have kept throwing more. Especially if he's constantly moving backwards and letting his opponent be the aggressor.

Golota got robbed in two title fights, pay backs a bitch mofos suck on that!!!

14. Seano

Seano Hands of bone

I thought Adamek was getting a lot credit for shots Cunningham blocked based on those punch stats.

15. Lublinek

Lublinek Blue Belt

What payback.What you talking about ?????????????

16. tracksuitfan

tracksuitfan Blue Belt

According to Harold Lederman Adamek won 115-113. He said that thrwoing one punch, almost no combos can't make you a winner.

17. emcee

emcee Purple Belt

Not exactly a robbery. People will call any and every close fight with a contentious decision a "robbery." Truth is, Cunningham didn't come to fight. He gave away too many rounds that he could have easily won had he been more aggressive.

That said, I did have the fight 115-113 for Cunningham. But I wasn't surprised to see the judges go the other direction.

18. Seano

Seano Hands of bone

Harold Lederman is a terrible judge and is responsible for many incorrect ideas fans have about scoring fights.

Lederman scores aggression blindly.

19. Abezal

Abezal Banned Banned

Is it better to score Avoidance more then Aggression ?

20. MeBig

MeBig Brown Belt

Terrible? That's the actual word you mean, contextually?