Cung Le Finally Released by UFC, Now a Free Agent

Cousin Oliver

Purple Belt
@purple
Reaction score
http://www.bloodyelbow.com/2016/7/2...t-sport-for-us-it-s-not-a-good-business-right

In the interview with Bloody Elbow, Le accuses the UFC of rushing to judgement against him for his (now discredited) positive HGH test as a means of keeping him from signing with Bellator.

So you think they added time to your suspension just to keep you off the market longer?

Yes definitely. This is how I see it. Two weeks before I was going to leave for Vietnam and finish out my training - in Vietnam because I can adjust to the time there - [former UFC VP of business and legal affairs] Mike Mersch called me and said "Cung did you see my email?" And I said yeah, and there was an email with an 18-month extension to my contract. And I told him I can't sign it until my lawyers look at it and I can't remember exactly why my lawyer couldn't look at it. He was either on vacation or on a case. I can't remember but he couldn't look at it for at least a week.

So I said I could get back to them as soon as he looked at it in a week or so. And Mersch said "No, We need it now. Send it before you leave." I told him I definitely wasn't going to sign something before my lawyer looked it over and he said suit yourself and hung up on me. They've never hung up on me. I've always worked my ass off for them. And then what do you know, [the test] happened.

So wait, are you saying the UFC faked the test or something like that?

No. I'm not saying that. But they were quick to move on suspending me, keeping me on the shelf after I wouldn't sign and the lab results came back. Correct me if I'm wrong but when Belfort's test rests came back showing he had elevated [Testosterone] levels they never reported it? They weren't in a rush to announce that. They were quick to announc
e mine before all the facts were in and to add three months to the suspension.

So you're saying they took advantage of the test results? That they jumped on it to quickly when the results came back?

That's what I think. When you look at what happened: Coker took over Bellator, me not signing right away. I'm sure If I was signed right away they would have been fine and dandy. We would have been working out those lab results privately.

I was disappointed too. If I had resigned I was planning to start cutting down to 170 pounds because these 185 pounders were too huge. I thought I could have done well at 170 pounds.

Bellator bound. Good relationship with Coker, plus he is already doing their fan fests

Honestly, it sounds like he's wearing a foil hat during the interview.

Would like to see him in one fc or bellator. And hopefully see him on the next rizin fight card :)

cung le situation was definitely fucked up. i hope he somehow gets some justice

If Coker has any heart at all he'll give us Manhoef vs Le.

Honestly, it sounds like he's wearing a foil hat during the interview.

Nate and Arlovski have both accused UFC of shelving them in an effort to force them to re-sign with the company. I'm sure other fighters have had this happen to them before this as well.

They 100% swept the Belfort test under the table, and let him fight when they knew he was on too much steroids.

Plus... the courts agreed with Cung...

I think he signs with Bellator for a fight or two, but he's in his 40's now so he won't be making any impact.

170? Coker.. sign this guy.

Bellator WW:
Koreshov
Lima
Daley
Guillard (wants to move up)
MVP
Cung Le

Let them bang!!!!

170? Coker.. sign this guy.

Bellator WW:
Koreshov
Lima
Daley
Guillard (wants to move up)
MVP
Cung Le

Let them bang!!!!

Part of why they barely fought to keep Askren, so they could load the weightclass up with strikers with little fear of being grinded on.

I never thought he could make 170
He is 40, he should keep fighting at 185 for his own health

I never thought he could make 170
He is 40, he should keep fighting at 185 for his own health
Well.. that and given the fact that Bellator MW division sucks he could make a run there.

I think during this shit he said he wished he could fight his last fight with Bellator. So i'd say it is a one off tent pole fight either internationally or Cali where he built his name and maybe has influence from those action movies

Guy magicly gets jacked at age 42 in about 6 months and is complaining about his punishment for cheating and now wants to fight somewhere where the testing is a lot more relaxed.

Sign with OneFC or Bellator. He got whipped his last fight and has been out a few years and is old so not exactly sure what he has left at this point.

But Bellator or One could throw him a few squash matches to get him back, Bellator could use him in San Jose or OneFC could use him around Asia.

Back