Cung Le Article about Dana and the UFC

Kind of strange, in the article he kept saying the doctor hasn't yet cleared him to fight, but never actually says he turned the fight down. Every time it was the doctor didn't clear him yet. makes it sound like he wanted to do it, otherwise why did he not just clearly straight up say no he is not taking the fight.

Anybody else find it strange the way he worded it like that?

Yeah, they'll toss you aside when they are done with you. No surprise there.

"After fighting Patrick Cote [at UFC 148], I thought I broke my foot," said Le. "Dana White says, 'I need you for Macau.' I said, 'I don't think I can fight. My foot, I think it's broken.' I went to the doctor and they said, 'It's not broken but it's a deep bone bruise.' It can be as bad as a broken foot. Two weeks later I was in a walking boot in San Jose when Chris Weidman fought Mark Munoz. They were like, 'Why are you wearing that? We need you in Macau.' They were like, 'It's just a bone bruise. You'll be OK.' I told them I wasn't cleared. Doctor hasn't cleared me.
Sounds like the Aldo situation.

UFC prioritizing their own business over the health of fighters; no surprise here.

it might be time to start taking these accusations seriously. we've heard similar stories from fighters recently, but hearing it from cung le brings a lot of credibility. i believe him.

The goal of the UFC is to make money. Dana and co. are shady, greedy, and will do whatever it takes to sell a few more buys, views, etc...

Watch out for the UFC apologists. They work like dana. They'll come in here, post gifs of Le losing. Then find a reason why dana was justified to do that by using lame excuses like "he's just trying to promote", or "he's still a multimillionaire!".

Its probably all true because i remember when Dana signed Wand and was all excited, treated him like king. Then when they start losing see what happens. Same with rampage. Tito and many others. They get used and when they have an opinion they get blasted.

The whole forcing him to fight stuff is shitty.

But him looking like a fucking bodybuilder at 40-odd years old, prior to the Bisping fight, when he usually looked like a fairly solid but kinda chubby veteran, physique wise, is shifty as fuck as well.

it might be time to start taking these accusations seriously. we've heard similar stories from fighters recently, but hearing it from cung le brings a lot of credibility. i believe him.

how the fuck hearing it from cung le brings a lot of credibility

but i believe in the shadiness of the ufc

Watch out for the UFC apologists. They work like dana. They'll come in here, post gifs of Le losing. Then find a reason why dana was justified to do that by using lame excuses like "he's just trying to promote", or "he's still a multimillionaire!".

Its probably all true because i remember when Dana signed Wand and was all excited, treated him like king. Then when they start losing see what happens. Same with rampage. Tito and many others. They get used and when they have an opinion they get blasted.

??

they treated wand FINE till he went apeshit with the drug testing

and HE is the one shitting on the ufc nonstop

its a pretty deep situation as a whole. one side its a sport and theyre athletes, so the chewing up and spitting them is fairly normal. happens in just about every sport. the shitty part is on the other side like in cung's case, he cant compete anywhere else due to his contract. basketball, baseball, and hockey have guaranteed contracts. this is notable due to teams being stuck with dead weight theyre forced to pay out on(ie roy hibbert, A-rod) and in football you're unconditionally released. with le or wand they still retain rights to said athlete and the guy dont see squat. not really fair imo

Love watching Cung Le fight. I guess he's done now ? Would have loved to see him in UFC 10-15 years ago. We did not get to see him in his prime i don't believe.

I laughed at his comments in the ring after his fight against Scott Smith I think (the 2nd 1 when he one) and he was saying how he took the fight seriously and didn't eat pizza for a month or something. Was pretty funny

That doesn't seem hard to believe. Feel sorry for the guy.

UFC prioritizing their own business over the health of fighters; no surprise here.

Why didn't he just say no to the fight? It almost sounds like he was willing to do it, but that his doctor hadn't cleared him yet.

But they always tell me that the health of their fighters is the number one priority!

Why didn't he just say no to the fight? It almost sounds like he was willing to do it, but that his doctor hadn't cleared him yet.

imo the guy is locked into contract that dont pay dick if you dont fight, so you dont want to pass up a fight. he was probably just trying to stall as long as possible hoping for clearance. the fact that they had date set and just threw cung on it because it was in macau is shady as shit. they forced his hand more or less. pass up the fight and we'll get to you when we get to you or hobble in the cage and do your job. again if le free to fight elsewhere, ufc wouldn't have done this. I'm beginning to think sergei k. has the right idea

Back