Cung L

I thought he was Chinese lol. I know he's not Korean or Japanese so if he's not Chinese then wtf is he??

Hahaa. Hes Vietnamese.........Right????????? No he is Vietnamese. Born there, escaped as Saigon was falling apparently.

Yeah Ive heard the retarded logic that Cung is a master of a martial art that has its origins in China.

That is a good explanation. sanda is the countries sport. Cung was a big star in sanda. On top of that he has done a lot of action movies in china so he is known there for more than one reason.

If this doesnt make any sense then slap yourself

I love that people think Cung will win on the feet.....think again.

Cung's way too slow to land anything significant......Bisping will dance around him and probably TKO him in the later rounds because Cung will be exhausted.

Doesn't matter if the fight is standing or on the ground Bisping will win.

But he won't receive any credit for it. Cung Le will be old and over the hill and Bisping shouldn't have fought him in the first place....

Bisping is saying he won't take him down?

I would suggest Bisping needs to win the fight by any method available.

That is a good explanation. sanda is the countries sport. Cung was a big star in sanda. On top of that he has done a lot of action movies in china so he is known there for more than one reason.

If this doesnt make any sense then slap yourself

HAHAha ok fair enough. I totally forgot he was doing Hong Kong/Bruce Lee-style action movies.

Love me some Cung Striking but Fighting is an endurance game, so head tells me bisping by endurance.

How many rounds do you think this fight will lasts? I think:

If it ends in the first 2.5, Cung by TKO.

If it takes longer than 3, Bisping grinds him out to a Decision.

If Bisping still thinks anybody anywhere thinks he can be a tithe contender he should seek therapy

This fight is a perfect illustration of why. He is fighting Cung Lee! And to just make the point further, a lot of people don't expect him to win or won't be surprised if he doesn't.

Maybe he thinks he will be more if a draw if people think he is still in the hunt. But realistically he hasn't been in it for a long time and its getting embarrassing that he doesn't seem to know that. He should just market himself for what he is. A great conditioned athlete that will stand with you and give it his all. Sure by "standing" it normally means hoping to stay out of distance and using a lot of footwork and jabs and going for a finish when a guy is exhausted. But at least he can sell the 'leave it all in the ring' angle. There is no potential contender angle

Michael Bisping on Cung Le bout: 'My back's against the wall'

20120922_jla_sx9_414.0_standard_709.0.jpg

The question now is what's left for Bisping. A win gets him back on track to something, although even that isn't clear. A loss, however, would be particularly devastating. Any hope of a title shot would likely evaporate and questions about his status as a middleweight contender would most certainly appear.

While Bisping is reluctant to acknowledge the consequences are hugely important, he is willing to admit he's fighting to get himself out of a very bad career spot. He notes it's time to win if he has any hope of accomplishing his goals.

"I don't feel like it's do or die because that's just my attitude, but yeah, my back's against the wall, he admitted.

"Listen, I've never lost two in a row in my life and I'm coming off of a loss. It's as simple as that. I'm coming off of a loss and I don't intend to make it two losses in a row. So yeah, my back's up against the wall.

"I'm proclaiming to be one of the best out there and losing fights doesn't really go hand-in-hand with being one of the best. I've got to go out there and got a point to prove: a point to prove to myself, to my supporters, to my haters, to the UFC, to my family, everything," he contended.

"Of course, yeah," Bisping repeated, "my back's against the wall."

http://www.mmafighting.com/2014/5/2...ing-on-cung-le-bout-my-backs-against-the-wall

Cung might gas, and he could show age.. Other than that I like his chances. Fun fight.

I watched many of Cung Lee's fights in his native Sanshou style. Each time he was matched with someone who knew nothing about take downs or take down defense. Never liked him. But.. Bisbitch is such a tool. I hope Cung wins this fight.

Bisping is coming off a loss, he will try to win this one at all cost, even if that means boring the fans for five rounds with a boring ground game.

cung is old but still a SAVAGE. he has better wrestling than mike too...

i think he will try td's like cung said

All I have to say is that everyone wants to "stand and bang" until they get kicked in the face.

Cung's way too slow to land anything significant......Bisping will dance around him and probably TKO him in the later rounds because Cung will be exhausted.
Yeah, that's not impossible. Bisping definitely has the conditioning advantage.

Cung is a precision counter-striker. He usually waits for you to make a move first, then make you pay dearly for it.

Bisping's best bet is to swarm quickly, not hanging around in kicking range.

Back