Cummins: I'll get another crack at Cormier

Am I the only one who thinks Cummins actually didn't look that bad?

Even Cormier said that Cummins hit him twice. Also, Cormier tried to take him down but Cummins stuffed it pretty easily.

I'll be very surprised if Cummins loses his next fight.

Yes... he looked good and I think that he can be a solid addition to the UFC.

It was his first fight in the UFC against a guy who is championship material on a week notice... while he was a barista. He was nervous as fuck.

I don

I remember when people used to laugh at Ilir Latifi who took a similar fight against Mousasi. Then he choked Diabete in 3 minuts.

I remember when people used to laugh at Ilir Latifi who took a similar fight against Mousasi. Then he choked Diabete in 3 minuts.

If only Cyrille wasn't 40, retiring, and had already been summarily choked out by Gustafsson and Perosh.

He seriously thought he was winning? He looked like he was SURVIVING and he had a grizzly bear stalking him....

Looked more like DC was just getting his timing down on a fairly unknown opponent.

Coming in on a weeks notice means your not really equipped to test anyones gas tank.

still generalization. Cummins himself said:

1) he keeps himself in great shape, and we can see he did

2) he fought at LHW before

3) DC said he was concerned about his first time at LHW

4) Cummings said he will exploit the fact that it was DC's first time at LHW. He will exploit his conditioning. Matter of fact, that's the edge he said he had on DC.

Now he's in a fight with DC, he's moving around great, able to keep from DC, why not stick with the gameplan? why close the distance and try to wrestle?

Conditioning is the only exploit he had. You didn't follow the situation and follow the generic responses.

DC will wreck him again.

DC will most likely wreck everybody in that division.

Cummins seems to have the right attitude - your goal should be to get better and work your way up to the top guys, improving on what little experience he has now.

It was a squash match and in my opinion the commission should not have licensed a guy with 4 fights on the regional circuit with a world grand Prix winner and universally ranked top 5 heavyweight. Fortunately Cummins didn't get seriously hurt, but if he did it would cast a long shadow on the sport.

Didn't realize this was the background behind that 'made him cry' story. What a dirtbag.

He did Cormier a favor doing that. It was to hype the fight and Cormier knows that. He was pretending to be mad.

It's not that he lost to Cormier. Is the fact that he brought up the situation of DC crying when DC was going through a tough time in his life. DC lost his daughter to a car accident and he said that's one of the reasons he had the meltdown aka "When Cummins claimed to make DC cry". Everybody eats up this story, even Dana but they don't care to know why. To bring up that you made someone cry while that person is grieving the loss of a loved one is low and Cummins got exactly what he deserved.

He was doing Cormier a favor in bringing up that story. Cormier really wanted a fight and Cummins gave it to him. He didn't have a resume to justify it in MMA so they tried to create some heat to get enough interest to put the fight on. It's a manufactured controversy! Has there ever been a clearer example?

He was doing Cormier a favor in bringing up that story. Cormier really wanted a fight and Cummins gave it to him. He didn't have a resume to justify it in MMA so they tried to create some heat to get enough interest to put the fight on. It's a manufactured controversy! Has there ever been a clearer example?

Cormier really needed the money, didn't want to waste all that expensive training. Cummins actually stepped up for him. It was a good effort on 3 parties: Cummings, DC and Dana. I bet Dana compensated Cummins behind the scene.

Back