Cuisine terminology

JabToucher

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
How many did you get right/wrong?

menu-cheat-sheet_5588186116a9d_w1500.png

There seems to be a glaring omission between kale and kobe and I for one don’t like it.

I don’t care. People who get uppity about food are hilarious. I’ll call it a whore derve or whatever else I want.

One thing that does kill me though is when people pronounce stuff like “quesadilla” a “case-a-dill-a.” But not if you’re from the Midwest or somewhere that doesn’t have a lot of Mexicans. If you’re in California and you don’t even know how to pronounce that, it just means you’re stupid. Or really old.

14. Guess I’ve been pronouncing phyllo incorrectly. The janitor has never taken a date to a nice place. Lonely motherfucker.

Everyone seems to pronounce Pho wrong, including me I suspect (I say "furr")

Cooked, raw, or what the fuck did that used to be? 'Bout the only terms I know.

This "Well ackshually" type stuff is always a slippery slope because you go full pedant as soon as you start correcting people unsolicited, yet you are probably going to fuck up quite a bit yourself.

Sure enough the video was half fucked up. For example starting off: Phở - sure it's not fo. But it isn't fuh either, the intonation rises like you are asking a question: 'fuh?'

Its weird how for a lot of foreign language words the Anglicized version considered 'correct' will have some of the pronunciation from the mother language but still completely butcher other ones. The french words are a good example, we are going to get anal that the dude pronounces a hard t in petit yet hit the hard rhotic r in Gruyère?

The list of terms was pretty good though a few I didn't quite know - also some super random things lol

Fuck the pronunciations. That girl is (lick her butthole worthy) fucking cute.
well ackshully its pronounced a-noos
1462855952900-300x300.jpg
which this guy knew which is why he's tongue-punching that balloon knot

Only need these phrases in restaurants imo
“Ketchup! Food bitch!”
And
“That’s right, no fucking tip! Get a real job” (while flashing the .45)

Back